Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Gringostar posted:

do you seriously loving think cspam likes the democratic party?

no really because lol if you do
there's a decent amount that defend the idea of voting for biden or write apologetics for aoc so their hate is not yet pure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also people dont see maddow as playing a role similar to tucker carlson

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’ll take eight

Sorry offer only valid with a purchase of a monarchistic slave state of equal or greater value

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

comedyblissoption posted:

there's a decent amount that defend the idea of voting for biden or write apologetics for aoc so their hate is not yet pure

when it comes to biden no there loving isn't

aoc thing is weird though, especially since tlaib and omar have always been better

comedyblissoption posted:

also people dont see maddow as playing a role similar to tucker carlson

which cspam hero does she bring on her show? :v:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

omg I am dead

thotsky posted:

inshallah

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I have a coworker who was in Shanghai from 2013-2018. Near where he lived there was a restaurant run by a Uighur family from Xinjiang. They had a little kid, around 8-9, who didn't go to school because she didn't have the right hukou. They seemed nice. In 2017 they were going back to Xinjiang during the New Year break, and said they would be back in about a month. Well a month came and went. And then another. And another. And then all of their stuff was taken out of the restaurant and put on the street. Not just like things for the restaurant, but their personal stuff. It got picked over, and then a cram school opened up in their place. He never saw them again.

Well that's my friend's story

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

Is there a good reason to have a safe space for posting genocide denial after R.guyovich got deadmined for denying this particular genocide?

this might surprise you but the complainants think that guyovich's ban was wrong as well, and the forums don't work on precedent being set in stone

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cagliostr0 posted:

Is there a good reason to have a safe space for posting genocide denial after R.guyovich got deadmined for denying this particular genocide?

Can you provide a source for this? I have seen that he was going around and stalking users and saying the ugihurs deserved what they got, and I have yet to see anyone provide proof of that either.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
he self perma'd after losing an argument about xinjiang / the holodomor when people called him genocide explainer

he's since been unbanned and has evidently chosen (rightfully) not to post anymore in this increasingly bad forum

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol the Rguy "genocide denialism" is basically just poo poo that gradenko, brutalisst, ths, myself, etc have posted itt

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol the Rguy "genocide denialism" is basically just poo poo that gradenko, brutalisst, ths, myself, etc have posted itt

rguy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqG8JW0lWuQ

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This is my recollection as well. People got angry at him because he would probe the morons who said racist poo poo in the GBS thread. I think he was done with this place for a while and the qcs thread was when he just left.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

if you go back to the beginning of the Eurasia thread its p much just homex and pener kropoopkin arguing with gbs racists and baloogan, it owns

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I dunno my recollection is of him as a giant dweeb

Not even the genocide stuff or whatever just such a giant dork.

He would get weird and personal in arguments and disappear if he didn't have a group of cheerleaders.

That and he was kinda full of poo poo a lot, but people gave him the benefit of the doubt because he was near their ideology.

BrainDance has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Mar 25, 2021

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
agreed, person who regularly posts in the gbs china thread

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I post in every China thread, cuz I live in China, so I got stuff to say about China.

Half the time it's to call people racist cuz they are, they're so loving racist

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

swimsuit posted:

he self perma'd after losing an argument about xinjiang / the holodomor when people called him genocide explainer

he's since been unbanned and has evidently chosen (rightfully) not to post anymore in this increasingly bad forum

Guyovitch took it a step beyond being skeptical the Chinese were filling the hillsides with bodies and insisted everything was fine, everyone actually loved it in their new luxury condos, they were just out of frame, smiling. They did the same with any other criticisms of communist countries. Nobody was ever forcibly relocated or purged, they had all just decided to pack their bags and get some fresh air in the countryside and didn't leave a forwarding address. It is possible to recognize that US imperialism is very bad *and* communist countries have made some hosed up choices of their own in the pursuit of power, but Guyovitch found it tricky to thread that needle

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

yes, this is it, he was banned for basically saying "wtf, all these sources lead back to adrian zenz?"
I think the bigger impetus for the ban was an incessant campaign by some D&D/PYF-Commie-thread posters who would spam QCS with "cspam mod is a genocide denier!!!" posts

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

Guyovitch took it a step beyond being skeptical the Chinese were filling the hillsides with bodies and insisted everything was fine, everyone actually loved it in their new luxury condos, they were just out of frame, smiling. They did the same with any other criticisms of communist countries. Nobody was ever forcibly relocated or purged, they had all just decided to pack their bags and get some fresh air in the countryside and didn't leave a forwarding address

free homex

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BrainDance posted:

I post in every China thread, cuz I live in China, so I got stuff to say about China.

i love being called racist

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Hairy Marionette posted:

Perhaps, but under the control of China people felt the need to set themselves on fire.

China did Maoism once, they can do similar again.

just poppin' in to say lol, carry on

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

BrainDance posted:

Why is that acceptable btw? Yeah, GBS 2.0 and everything but perhaps we may have come to the point that open racism...isn't you know tolerated?

Sometimes I feel like I taking crazy pills when I am reading about the ins and outs of D&D versus C-Spam versus FYAD while anything goes in GBS.

Am I the only one?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

It took the one guy literally having the post "its acceptable to stab every Han person you see" before he got banned by the gbs mods, and even then one apologized to him about having to do it lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Varinn posted:

It took the one guy literally having the post "its acceptable to stab every Han person you see" before he got banned by the gbs mods, and even then one apologized to him about having to do it lol

lmao goddamn mods

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Judakel posted:

lmao goddamn mods

Its more about community standards than anything.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Ardennes posted:

i mean, no mod has to apologize for banning someone for racism regardless of how low the community standards may be

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Mods are responsible for setting community standards via bans and probes though

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Doctor Jeep posted:

yes, this is it, he was banned for basically saying "wtf, all these sources lead back to adrian zenz?"
I think the bigger impetus for the ban was an incessant campaign by some D&D/PYF-Commie-thread posters who would spam QCS with "cspam mod is a genocide denier!!!" posts

You should probably go back and check the thread where he self destructed because all it took was one person asking if he still was a genocide denier to go off the deep end explaining how xianjing isn't actually a concentration camp and the PRC always own and if you check the records way more people died all over the Soviet union due to lysenkoism so obviously the holodomor isn't real. If you think the same way he does you probably also cheered the tanks invading Hungary

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Nix Panicus posted:

Mods are responsible for setting community standards via bans and probes though

Partially, but also it is about the forums wide rules themselves. That said, part of it is also lets be honest if users are okay with it.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

ftr here is homex's last post on the subject instead of someones recollection

R. Guyovich posted:

CharlestonJew posted:

So uh, do you agree that the Uyghur people are being genocided, or not?

i don't know. the people i talk to who've been there have said different things, and some of it paints a pretty nasty picture of a brutal security state. but much of what i've heard directly contradicts the reporting we get about it. i think characterizing skepticism about media claims as "genocide denial" is very disingenuous.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Varinn posted:

ftr here is homex's last post on the subject instead of someones recollection

I read one of his posts on the Soviet famine of 1932-33, and honestly it didn't really seem that far out of the historical consensus. Is there something really serious he posted?

(I have to admit that thread was massive and I only read part of it.)

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 08:20 on Mar 25, 2021

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Ardennes posted:

Why is that acceptable btw? Yeah, GBS 2.0 and everything but perhaps we may have come to the point that open racism...isn't you know tolerated?

Sometimes I feel like I taking crazy pills when I am reading about the ins and outs of D&D versus C-Spam versus FYAD while anything goes in GBS.

Am I the only one?

I am at a loving loss, other than the mods support that poo poo. The 'terrorism is ok if it's against Han' guy got banned sure, after loving months of it, and only after he got pushed to being so blatant and direct with it.

And they said he could come back if he apologized....

At some point the mods are racists for their inaction.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

BrainDance posted:

I am at a loving loss, other than the mods support that poo poo. The 'terrorism is ok if it's against Han' guy got banned sure, after loving months of it, and only after he got pushed to being so blatant and direct with it.

And they said he could come back if he apologized....

At some point the mods are racists for their inaction.

I am honest, I think there should be a broader discussion over it. I have go back to read it over the years, and I honestly don't think it fits forum standards. This isn't a QCS thread but yeah, it is a serious issue.

Btw, I would also apply this to many of the other "country" threads over the years as well. I would say the China thread is simply the more active one currently.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

You should probably go back and check the thread where he self destructed because all it took was one person asking if he still was a genocide denier to go off the deep end explaining how xianjing isn't actually a concentration camp and the PRC always own and if you check the records way more people died all over the Soviet union due to lysenkoism so obviously the holodomor isn't real. If you think the same way he does you probably also cheered the tanks invading Hungary

yes I 100% believe your ridiculous memories when I've seen people quote other posters and twist their words under the very quote

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Nix Panicus posted:

Guyovitch took it a step beyond being skeptical the Chinese were filling the hillsides with bodies and insisted everything was fine, everyone actually loved it in their new luxury condos, they were just out of frame, smiling. They did the same with any other criticisms of communist countries. Nobody was ever forcibly relocated or purged, they had all just decided to pack their bags and get some fresh air in the countryside and didn't leave a forwarding address. It is possible to recognize that US imperialism is very bad *and* communist countries have made some hosed up choices of their own in the pursuit of power, but Guyovitch found it tricky to thread that needle

yeah this definitely happened, op, all of the posts are just out of frame smiling too

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

THS posted:

it’s because it seems really absurd on its face to not see that in the context of China starting to outpace the US economy, and questions of challenging US hegemony, that there isn’t a concurrent rise in the US going completely insane over this on a level it didn’t before. in 2008 China didn’t have a larger economy by some measures than the US. it really seems nuts to look at social media, traditional media, and public attitudes at this point in time, and try to argue that there hasn’t been a rapid increase in both the amount of reporting on China, and an increase in the tenor of how big a threat this is.

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/1372203536579133443?s=20

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/1372205044552986624?s=20

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/1372209559117295619?s=20

dragons are so badass

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

swimsuit posted:

yeah this definitely happened, op, all of the posts are just out of frame smiling too

You know what? Fair. I took a few minutes to look through Homex's old posts and they were level headed about China for the most part.

Totally a Holodomor apologist though, although I partially agree that while the famine was a thing that happened due to incompetence, mismanagement, and fickle nature instead of an engineered genocide, lol if you don't think Stalin didn't take advantage of the situation.

Homex was also weird about the DPRK

I think part of it was that Homex was engaging with some of the biggest shitheads on the forums who were constantly screaming about the billions murdered by communism, which put them on the defensive. CSPAM was certainly shittier in the past

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

the mods should give up on trying to enforce some ideological line when the posters in this forum are too stupid to read the posts in front of their face (as evidenced by the last couple of pages discussing homex's horseshit ban and slandering as a genocide explainer (respect to the power of that own though)). cspam posters are in a constant state of hysteria and incapable of judging anything on a spectrum with more nuance than "literal nazi" or "genocide holocaust" and only know how to post in extreme hyperbole.

this disability is likely caused by reading twitter constantly, and it has resulted in a forum culture that thinks thought will be effectively policed by banning magic slur words regardless of context and catering to the whims of angry mobs whipped into a frenzy by the most extreme disingenuous characterization of whatever was last repeated to them in the most retarded game of telephone i've ever seen.

given nobody can be trusted to read posts in context or with honest intention mods should just ignore all reports.

i enjoy cspam but the forum has continued to degenerate since "the troubles" because of a general culture of bad faith and dishonesty that the mods have apparently been incapable of identifying. the trend of constant outrage posting is well rooted here but it breeds a dishonest and binary view of everything that is poison to a fun/funny community.

free homex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Nix Panicus posted:

You know what? Fair. I took a few minutes to look through Homex's old posts and they were level headed about China for the most part.

Totally a Holodomor apologist though, although I partially agree that while the famine was a thing that happened due to incompetence, mismanagement, and fickle nature instead of an engineered genocide, lol if you don't think Stalin didn't take advantage of the situation.

Homex was also weird about the DPRK

I think part of it was that Homex was engaging with some of the biggest shitheads on the forums who were constantly screaming about the billions murdered by communism, which put them on the defensive. CSPAM was certainly shittier in the past

Take advantage of the situation to...?