Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

actionjackson posted:

holy poo poo 16% lol (you don't want to be above 2%)

parts per million not percent

lmfao a 16% benzene mix would eat the plastic container

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stevie Lee posted:

from the pdf:

presumably

lol that this incredibly stupid, low-tier, plebian poo poo is going to be the 2020s equivalent of morons embracing tweety bird and betty boop, and it'll be a thousand times more carcinogenic

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

my sister in nyc is eligible, but is having a hell of a time finding a vaccine appointment. goons from ny, is there a tool for finding appointments outside the city or something?

sorry for the wall of text thread, but udo lacks plat

vaccines are booking real quick in NYC rn because the 50+ category just unlocked but here's how you can do it

Where to Schedule Vaccine Appointments

My favorite system: I load up turbovax.info and also follow their twitter (@turbovax) with tweet notifications turned on. The Turbovax website can be refreshed to show individual appointments, whereas the twitter account only updates if there are 30 or more appointments available at a site. While waiting, I open the following sites and fill out the questionnaires so that when appointments become available, I can book faster on that site.

NYC Health and Hospitals
https://covid19.nychealthandhospitals.org/UnaffiliatedHealthCareWorkers

(Ignore ‘healthcareworkers’ in the URL, this is the general link)

H+H updates continuously throughout the day with batches of a couple dozen appts and will immediately show others’ cancelled appointments one at a time that you have to be fast to get. This is the portal that manages public hospital appointments if the person for whom you’re scheduling has problems with allergic reactions that would deny them from other sites that do not have ER access for life-threatening reactions (i.e. previous allergic reaction to a vaccine or vaccine component)

Fill out the info, which will let you open a mychart popup window. Keep that window open and it will automatically refresh with appts. Sometimes you have to click a button to extend your session. This portal also schedules some 24/7 appointments.

NY State Megasites

https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/Public/prescreener

This portal manages all of the huge sites throughout the state. It updates usually at 8am and 9-11pm and with enormous batches of appts. (Update 3/25: I haven't seen new appointments here in a week) This portal can schedule months(!) in advance, definitely note what day you’re looking at. Cancellations and new batches will likely be earlier than the weeks ahead they’re scheduling; you can manually refresh per site by clicking the “Schedule your appointment now” link POD by POD.

Phone appts can be made here: 1-833-697-4829 as well as contact to correct information or to request a resending of appt confirmation. The phone number has access to cancelled appointments a little bit easier than the website.

NYC Dept of Health
https://vaxmgmt.force.com/patient/s/vaccination-schedule

Some sites have location restrictions that will be noted by TurboVax. This one updates virtually every day, some of the locations are hard to get to by public transit, however, that also means appts can be easier to get there. This portal also does 24/7 appointments for some locations, so be conscious of AM vs PM. You can manually reload this page by reentering your zip code.

OTHERS

Yankee Stadium (Bronx only)
https://www.somosvaccinations.com

I haven’t used this but this is a mass vaccination site open to Bronx residents only. It generally has a great deal of appointments open.

https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/locations

This map shows all the locations listed above in addition to pharmacies.

Pharmacies in NY only do appts for residents age 50+, teachers, and medically eligible people. I avoid these generally as they’re harder to use and you generally need the patient’s account info or make an account for them. Walgreens in particular has a habit of not properly booking appts or making second dose appts hard to book. The potential advantages are that they are everywhere and potentially easier for someone if they experience mobility issues.

Some people may have appointments offered to them through MyChart by their doctor. It opens on a patient by patient basis to schedule an appointment at their health facility.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Go 2 Javits apparently

Javits is booked out til June until NYC gets more allocation

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
if you like star wars, i am glad

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The only thing I like is beans and vaccine.

Hello, I am here today to sell you the spiciest covid vaccine chili not available anywhere in Texas.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

parts per million not percent

lmfao a 16% benzene mix would eat the plastic container

lol that would own

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1374944163045777421?s=20

Serf
May 5, 2011

starting to get some pain in the arm i got the shot in. nothing too bad, but weirdly noticeable despite it being like 13 hours later

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Serf posted:

starting to get some pain in the arm i got the shot in. nothing too bad, but weirdly noticeable despite it being like 13 hours later

yeah this is worse than any flu shot I’ve ever gotten. Dose two gonna knock me on my rear end I feel

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Serf posted:

did the free donut help? sugar induced dopamine is good for pain relief.

Serf
May 5, 2011

smoobles posted:

did the free donut help? sugar induced dopamine is good for pain relief.

i was supposed to get a free donut? they just made me sit in my car for half an hour before i could leave

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

You have possibly saved my rear end from an incredibly risky situation so tks. Will definitely be getting them titers checked and an MMR jab if they're not up to snuff

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol an unpublished industry consultant report, open er up

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

You have possibly saved my rear end from an incredibly risky situation so tks. Will definitely be getting them titers checked and an MMR jab if they're not up to snuff

also worth mentioning that a single dose of mrna vaccine is expected to have a decently high efficacy anyhoo, not as high and maybe not as long, but seems better than nothing.

high enough efficacy for british subjects, at any rate :britain:

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

facetoucher cat posted:

He's posting in bad faith and sounds very much like Ghost of RBG under an alt

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1374946412459388937?s=20

is it, is it happening again

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just walk into the pharmacy with a cigarette over your ear, they send you right through

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

*checks notes* yah, right on schedule.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

thank god I haven’t finished working through my horde from last time

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Serf posted:

i was supposed to get a free donut? they just made me sit in my car for half an hour before i could leave

WOW you hosed up bad, you're lucky theres a 2nd shot so you can get the requisite Krispy Kreme brand doughed nutte afterward

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who needs toilet paper i learned to wipe with my hands the last time

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I really don't want to feel that way again so I'll take my chances. It wasnt until a good 12 days after the jab I constantly felt like I was in control of my brain or had a full grasp on my reality

Doc said "WTF NO!" so I might as well take her advice

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dolphin posted:

when life gives you lemons :yosbutt:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dolphin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexjlM-jjEc

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1374943199844831237?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

This is the first thing I thought of

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lol "I loving love science" strikes again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

talk with your doctor instead of the goon that thinks mmr is a valid substitute for dose 2

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol "I loving love science" strikes again

my fave science guy

https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/1374738199252250632?s=20

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Tzen posted:

Alright deal I'm getting an MMR booster. I'm in-between vaxx shot #1 and #2. When's the best time to get it then? 2 weeks after my second vaxx jab?

wait, I think this is suboptimal. the titers to the COVID vaccines seem to build up over a somewhat long period of time (see the JnJ graph that indicates at least 8 weeks). if you get MMR in the middle of your ongoing immune response to the COVID vaccines, some of your immune system's capacity will still be going towards the MMR response instead of the COVID response.

i think a more effective approach is to finish your mRNA doses as planned and then get MMR after, say, two or three months of waiting from mRNA dose two.

I'm not a doctor/medical professional and I'm like about to fall asleep and too lazy to google but I'm pretty sure that there is guidance to *not* get other vaccines, any vaccines, within two weeks of a COVID vaccine, and I think this is at least part of the underlying reason. please check me on this, but just wanted to weigh in before it got buried

Soap Scum has issued a correction as of 06:19 on Mar 25, 2021

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/colleenmfarrell/status/1374801960654737418?s=19

Doc is right. I'm gonna suck and gently caress across this great nation with my half vaxxed rear end

Can't stop a train CHOOCHOO!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

talk with your doctor instead of the goon that thinks mmr is a valid substitute for dose 2

Yeah she said don't get the second shot and I already had an order in for a blood draw for MMR titers a couple weeks ago but wanted the covid vax instead

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

So is this because people keep sneaking out of their quarantine hotels, or what?

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

So is this because people keep sneaking out of their quarantine hotels, or what?

more like there is no enforcement at all, period, a la USA or Canada. very few places take it with the seriousness it deserves or even close. cambodia, for example, did a 3 day quarantine and uhhhhh they just got hosed so oops

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah this is worse than any flu shot I’ve ever gotten. Dose two gonna knock me on my rear end I feel

I had a sore arm for two days after shot 1, I'm 36 hours out from shot 2 and only have a sore arm still. No other symptoms. I am hearing from medical field friends that shot 2 can suck rear end but it's unpredictable and not very widespread so stay positive goons

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hey, thanks a lot for this, i'm gonna pass this along

i need to just re-buy plat already now that lowtax is gone

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

mastershakeman posted:

Can someone find the actual mmr study in english instead of a news article

I kind of know how to search clinicaltrials.org or whatever but I'm a little preoccupied atm irl so I can't right now. But it should be easy enough to turn up the correct study using the university name, sample size, and the fact that it's completed.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

She did already. This is what they suggested as well. Keep up.

For everyone else, relax. She would in no way be the first person to mix vaccine brands. Lots of people ITT intend to get the J&J to boost their mRNA shot(s). The point is that there are multiple vaccine brands, and you are not stuck with any one, especially if it comes at the cost of the hosed up life threatening reaction that facetoucher experienced. MMR is looking like as valid a brand as any according to WHO criteria. That's true of it even if no trillion dollar companies made a billion dollars off its production to "legitimize" it this year.

facetoucher cat posted:

Hey glad to help find alternatives to the situation you described. Since you're getting your titer levels checked while you're at it, you might want to take a glance over the original MMR study. That was the one with the graph of specific titer levels that appeared to be clinically significant for COVID outcome.

https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/6/e02628-20

quote:

There were no significant correlations between mumps titers and severity in the comparison group, between mumps titers and age in the MMR II group, or between severity and measles or rubella titers in either group. Within the MMR II group, mumps titers of 134 to 300 arbitrary units (AU)/ml (n = 8) were found only in those who were functionally immune or asymptomatic; all with mild symptoms had mumps titers below 134 AU/ml (n = 17); all with moderate symptoms had mumps titers below 75 AU/ml (n = 11); all who had been hospitalized and had required oxygen had mumps titers below 32 AU/ml (n = 5). Our results demonstrate that there is a significant inverse correlation between mumps titers from MMR II and COVID-19 severity.

So you want a much higher titer number (aka more recent booster) than what is normally considered "good enough" to have in the background for prevention of measles etc.

Soap Scum posted:

wait, I think this is suboptimal. the titers to the COVID vaccines seem to build up over a somewhat long period of time (see the JnJ graph that indicates at least 8 weeks). if you get MMR in the middle of your ongoing immune response to the COVID vaccines, some of your immune system's capacity will still be going towards the MMR response instead of the COVID response.

i think a more effective approach is to finish your mRNA doses as planned and then get MMR after, say, two or three months of waiting from mRNA dose two.

I'm not a doctor/medical professional and I'm like about to fall asleep and too lazy to google but I'm pretty sure that there is guidance to *not* get other vaccines, any vaccines, within two weeks of a COVID vaccine, and I think this is at least part of the underlying reason. please check me on this, but just wanted to weigh in before it got buried

This sounds correct afaik

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Mar 25, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/colleenmfarrell/status/1374801960654737418?s=19

Doc is right. I'm gonna suck and gently caress across this great nation with my half vaxxed rear end

Can't stop a train CHOOCHOO!

extremely pimply teenager voice: im sorry ma'm, according to your status i can only give you half of a donut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

MorrisBae posted:

He's posting in bad faith and sounds very much like Ghost of RBG under an alt

We've both posted here for so long, how do you know so little about me lmao

e: waaaait

You're the one who posted this combative poo poo at facetoucher cat the other day

MorrisBae posted:

You just doxxed a doctor, and I'm speaking as someone that was uninsured for a long time and had a lot of medical bills

I know you're rich and can afford it - so here's a service you can pay to haggle for you:

https://www.copatient.com/

Now your accusation comes off as projection and an admission to something

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 06:40 on Mar 25, 2021