Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Other contamination was also found in or on:[21]

• Three buses
  • 42 houses
  • fourteen cars
  • five pigs
  • 50,000 rolls of toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

please dont document what i did last night

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Twenty-sided serpentinite die from Ptolemaic Egypt[9]

:monocle:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Natural Thetas all day baby

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

The gin and juice may have inspired the song "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Dogg.[5]

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
The hostages decided amongst themselves that the two to be released would be Hiyech Kanji and Ali-Guil Ghanzafar; the former as she was pregnant and the latter for no other reason than his loud snoring, which kept the other hostages awake at night and irritated the terrorists.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

File:Treacle_Bible,_St_Mary’s,_Banbury.jpg
The Treacle Bible opened at the page of the eponymous curiosity.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The Treacle Bible 1568
Is there no treacle (instead of balm) in Gilead? Jeremiah 7.22
The Unrighteous Bible
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall inherit (instead of not inherit) the kingdom or God. 1 Corinthians 6.9
The Wicked Bible 1631
Do commit adultery (instead of do not). Exodus 20.14. The printer was fined £300 for omitting the word not. All copies were ordered to be destroyed by Charles 1.

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Additionally, Deuteronomy 5:24 reads “And ye said, Behold, the LORD our God hath shewed us his glory and his great-asse,” instead of the correct "greatness[e]".

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

Additionally, Deuteronomy 5:24 reads “And ye said, Behold, the LORD our God hath shewed us his glory and his great-asse,” instead of the correct "greatness[e]".

the pacino bible

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/984490095251218432?s=20

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's always a tweet

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"Manchester edition" 1793: The heading on Chapter 3 of Leviticus and the first verse has "bees" rather than "beeves" (plural of beef).

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Mainstream supermarkets in the region, such as Kings, sometimes label sandwiches turkey sloppy joes to distinguish them from the ground beef sandwich of the same name.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ask jeeves for the best beeves

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

ask jeeves for the best beeves

I thought you were supposed to use bing for that.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Dogs

In addition to his faith, Rourke has publicly attributed his comeback to his dogs. He is well known as a pet lover, particularly fond of small-breed dogs. A spay/neuter advocate, Rourke participated in a protest outside a pet shop in 2007[69] and has done a public service announcement for PETA.[70]

His first little dog was reportedly a gift from his second wife.[69] Though Rourke's dogs are generally referred to as "chihuahuas", some are not purebred. Loki, his most-publicized dog whom he described as "the love of my life",[69] was a chihuahua-terrier mix.[71][72] So reliant was Rourke on Loki's companionship, he spent US$5,400 to have her flown to England while he was on the set of the film Stormbreaker.[72]

Rourke gave his dogs credit during his Golden Globe Best Actor acceptance speech January 11, 2009: "I'd like to thank all my dogs. The ones that are here, the ones that aren't here anymore because sometimes when a man's alone, that's all you got is your dog. And they've meant the world to me."[73] The day of the 2009 Golden Globes, he told Barbara Walters that "I sort of self-destructed and everything came out about 14 years ago or so ... the wife had left, the career was over, the money was not an ounce. The dogs were there when no one else was there." Asked by Walters if he had considered suicide, he responded:

Yeah, I didn't want to be here, but I didn't want to kill myself. I just wanted to push a button and disappear.... I think I hadn't left the house for four or five months, and I was sitting in the closet, sleeping in the closet for some reason, and I was in a bad place, and I just remember I was thinking, "Oh, man, if I do this," [and] then I looked at my dog, Beau Jack, and he made a sound, like a little almost human sound. I don't have kids, the dogs became everything to me. The dog was looking at me going, "Who's going to take care of me?"
— Mickey Rourke[74]

Beau Jack sired two of Rourke's later pets, Loki and her littermate Chocolate.[75] Beau Jack died in 2002, although Rourke reportedly gave him 45 minutes of mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.[72][76] Chocolate was the subject of a children's book, Chocolate at the Four Seasons, about his temporary stay with producer Bonnie Timmerman.[77] Chocolate returned to Rourke and died in 2006.[77] In addition to those dogs and several other past pets, Rourke currently owns a chihuahua named Jaws who appeared with him in his 2009 PETA ad, as well as in the film Once Upon a Time in Mexico.[70] He has had as many as seven dogs at one time, back in 2005.[76] Jaws originally was named "Little Mickey" and was originally slated to be euthanized. Rourke also believed Jaws had been previously abused.[78] At the time of his Golden Globes tribute to his pets, Rourke owned five chihuahuas: Loki, Jaws, Ruby Baby, La Negra and Bella Loca.[72] About a month later, on February 16, 2009, Loki died in Rourke's arms at the age of 18.[79]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hugh mungo

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

mungo only pawn in game of prostitutes

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seedbed_(performance_piece)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Mysterious_Song_on_the_Internet

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Ehrlich would often watch people purchasing cheese puffs in a local supermarket. The snack, Ehrlich explained, did not have "any real cheese in them... most of the ingredients you couldn't even pronounce."[3] Ehrlich then went on to found a snack brand called Vegan Rob's, which makes cheese puffs with no cheese in them.[4]

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

BluPotato posted:

Ehrlich would often watch people purchasing cheese puffs in a local supermarket. The snack, Ehrlich explained, did not have "any real cheese in them... most of the ingredients you couldn't even pronounce."[3] Ehrlich then went on to found a snack brand called Vegan Rob's, which makes cheese puffs with no cheese in them.[4]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKf2o3PYN7E

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When Qin Shi Huang's magicians failed to get in touch with "spirits and immortals of the marvellous islands of the Eastern Sea", they excused themselves by saying large monsters blocked their way. Qin Shi Huang personally went out with a multiple bolt crossbow to see these monsters for himself. He found no monsters but killed a big fish.[52]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im the spiritual sphincter

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 25, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

did he really sit in there and crank it full time? for 3 weeks straight??

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1374865027170234370

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

did he really sit in there and crank it full time? for 3 weeks straight??

Eight hours a day, every day, for three weeks, while lying on the floor under a wooden ramp.

At the very least, you gotta admire his stamina.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_home_invasions

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

While Eastern Air Lines publicly denied their planes were haunted, they reportedly removed all the salvaged parts from their L-1011 fleet.[17] Over time, the reporting of ghost sightings stopped.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
There's also "Up The Arse Corner", where photographs are submitted of people whose pose, and/or facial expression, could be misconstrued as being in the midst of an act of buggery

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_ite_domum

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

On Monday, November 5, 2001, between about 8 pm and 10:30 pm, Payson was treated to a rare display of the Northern Lights. It is extremely rare and only happens during solar flares because Payson is so far south. The lights appeared in a red color.[8]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It is always in a black earthen pot bowl that preserves heat well. It is characterized by a generous amount at a low price, and it is a favorite menu regardless of age or gender.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
In an article for Mel Magazine published shortly before the Fox News interview, Miles Klee wrote that there were numerous factors for the meme's rise online; among these included a "simmering resentment" and a lack of justice for Epstein's victims.[46][47] He further explained that a large attraction of sharing the "Epstein didn't kill himself" meme was it served as a method to keep the Epstein story within the news cycle.[27][47] Author Anna Merlan has instead argued that the meme over time tends to trivialize the concerns of Epstein's victims.[1] However, she mentioned that Jane Doe 15,[note 3] who on November 19, 2019 publicly alleged that Jeffrey Epstein had raped her,[note 4] wore a bracelet featuring the phrase "Epstein didn't kill himself" at a public press conference to possibly indicate her belief in the theory.[1]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
It is suggested that Bolan was in fact bisexual. When asked about his sexuality during an interview in 1975, Bolan said that he was bisexual.[11]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
asserting your own sexuality is original research and thus forbidden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde