Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

MGS games ranked on how memorable the bosses are:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Vamp: Born in Transylvania, he runs on water and drinks human blood. Gets his name from his flamboyant bisexuality and not because he is a vampire because vampires don't exist. Now shut up and fight a fat man on rollerskates

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I admit, it still makes me laugh. The character is kind of lovely to bisexuals, but there's something just hilarious about the whole "They call him Vamp. - Oh, because he drinks blood? - No, because he horny." exchange that tells you this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
MGS2 is still the only time I've ever heard the term "Vamp" used to describe a sexually promiscuous bisexual person

Whizzing Wizard posted:

MGS games ranked on how memorable the bosses are:

Agreed but what about the 2D games

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Peace Walker is MGS5. Apparently they released some other game after that but no one liked it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
starting up bionicle heroes and i was surprised to see the developer was travellers tales, the makers of all the Lego Movie Franchise games (as well as sonic 3d blast and sonic r). i was even more surprised to learn that the game plays just like those other lego games, complete with a stud meter and destroying everything and telekinetically building and rapidly switching between characters with specific abilities, except it's a clumsy third person shooter

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

Agreed but what about the 2D games

I've only played Snake's Revenge.

https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Higharolla_Kockamamie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1375071990071980037?s=20

I still don't know why he was there. I guess it was a good payday for Reggie and some quick publicity, but it wasn't going to stop anything.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I still don't know why he was there. I guess it was a good payday for Reggie and some quick publicity, but it wasn't going to stop anything.

so was this literally a year

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/RerezTV/status/1374818192305090560

Interesting thread if you like clunky 90's tech

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
MGSV is great ya dorks

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
mgs V is indeed great, which is why it's annoying that it didn't get finished

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

MGS2 is still the only time I've ever heard the term "Vamp" used to describe a sexually promiscuous bisexual person

Idk about the bisexual part but it’s what the new localization of Dragon Quest III calls the “sexy” personality (that’s the best one because it gives huge modifiers to your growth rates) so I think it’s just an Extremely British thing that additionally got hosed up somewhat by Kojima.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm not a huge fan of any of the MGS games (I'm not big on stealth games generally) but for some reason I've played and finished MGS2 three times so it's clearly my favourite and imo the best one.

I do fully intend to get around to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance at some point which I assume will then automatically become my favourite and the best one because everything I've seen of it seems amazing.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

If you dislike stealth games but enjoy the style of MGS then it just might. It's basically "what if DMC, but also a Metal Gear game?" Tons of codec conversations and silly humor and weird villains with stupid names, but all attached to a real good brawler. Revengeance is hilarious, because it's still about Raiden who is a total goof, but now he also pretends he's Batman sometimes.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wonder if Konami will ever bother bringing Rising to PS4/PS5. The PC version runs on a potato so it’s not urgent but it’s still weird PlayStation is the only modern platform that can’t play any version of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Wonder if Konami will ever bother bringing Rising to PS4/PS5. The PC version runs on a potato so it’s not urgent but it’s still weird PlayStation is the only modern platform that can’t play any version of it.

I am surprised that Rise is coming to PC first, before it comes to PS4/PS5.

[edit]
I was thinking of the completely wrong game. :downs:

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 25, 2021

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I liked the arc of playing as Old Snake in MGS4 that ends with an old man fistfight on top of a giant submarine

Also playing through the decrepit Shadow Moses for the first time is magical

MGS5 is the best MGS game in technical gameplay terms but I was frustrated by how much meat was left on the bone by it's truncated development

I need just like a big level pack that uses MGS5 mechanics and that beautiful and elegant Fox Engine

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Pwnstar posted:

I like that the Metal Gear you fight in Metal Gear Rising has a lore explainer that says "this isn't actually a Metal Gear but it got called one for marketing purposes"

This is hilarious- which one? The Ray you fight in the opening or the Spider Crab at the end?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Waffleman_ posted:

So ends the Year of Reggie

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mkvltra posted:

This is hilarious- which one? The Ray you fight in the opening or the Spider Crab at the end?

Yeah it's the giant crab with two big sword arms at the end

I think they also say it's sort of a big pointless dumb weapon and more about intimidating the populace of wherever they deploy the thing lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/BananaShiki/status/1375103118892015618?s=20

new melty blood??

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Yep. It is coming out in Japan sometime during the summer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What temp does blood melty

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

About -2 degrees Celsius.

But yeah, I never got that game's name either. How can blood be melty?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Technically all blood is already melted, as it is liquid.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, but it says melty, as in, chocolate or ice cream maybe.

...which, I suppose, makes more sense in a game about vampires and poo poo. Still weird, though.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's a translation mistake, the game is actually about a patty melt that was served rare

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1375119962336063491?s=20

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SeXReX posted:

It's a translation mistake, the game is actually about a patty melt that was served rare

It's actually "bloody melts", the official Danny Dyer videogame

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s always weird to me when someone makes a movie about a game that’s heavily inspired by movies. It’s like a weird infinite loop

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

hatty posted:

It’s always weird to me when someone makes a movie about a game that’s heavily inspired by movies. It’s like a weird infinite loop

Same but with Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. It's a shame they didn't just continue down that path so that we could have a 25th reboot coming out this year starring a talking cow from outer space

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

as an enthusiast of 12th-century Welsh privateer Mairty Brwdd, this page has greatly saddened me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah it's the giant crab with two big sword arms at the end

I think they also say it's sort of a big pointless dumb weapon and more about intimidating the populace of wherever they deploy the thing lol

Yeah it's a shelved project that was supposed to compete with Metal Gear Ray by going for "bigger is better" but was deemed too unwieldy and costly to deploy, and its relatively slow movement speed and ridiculous collateral damage would make it unworkable for precision engagements. Armstrong acquired it and made modifications to make it more melee-y. It's kind of like those failed nazi supertanks, but as a last minute gently caress you to a guy with a sword it's more than overkill.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hatty posted:

It's like westerns based off of samurai films based off of westerns

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

It's like westerns based off of samurai films based off of westerns

the coolness of someone drawing something really fast and then icing a fool is unimpeachable

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

the coolness of someone drawing something really fast and then icing a fool is unimpeachable
When you put it like that, they really are basically the same thing anyway.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Never seen a “Mexican standoff” in a samurai flick

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I think that thing where they just stand around glaring at each other with their hands firmly grasping the hafts of their swords might count for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkoni posted:

I think 4 has the best boss battles in the series. Definitely not the best bosses tho.

What in the god drat