Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Yeah if you want a particular trait to put on an artifact the method is:

Identify the realm where a creature lives and randomly encounter it a bunch of times to rank C or B.
Hunt missions (kinda lovely) and Div candle summon it until rank S.
Assassination mission to get the trait material for your artifacts.

I mean you can also just summon and fuse but artifacts can be swapped around so fusion is better for traits you know you always want, while artifact traits are better for countering a specific thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
As someone who has been card farming I feel that Hunt missions only exist for rare monsters that can't be summoned through Divination Candle, like the dumpling or Treasure Golem.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of dumplings, anyone found out how to get the ones other than the normal one and the nugget?
I have a bunch in my bestiary after fighting the dumpling master, but I haven't seen any of them yet. Guessing they might be a rare, high depth nether portal mob or something?

Also, what is the 12th golem?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Was the googledoc compendium not linked?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvWwf1fNB5jN8bJ8dFGAVzC7scgDCoBO-hglwjTT4iY/edit#gid=0

It looks like the 12th is the Pumpking, which sounds like a holiday creature ala the Krampus.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

LostRook posted:

Was the googledoc compendium not linked?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvWwf1fNB5jN8bJ8dFGAVzC7scgDCoBO-hglwjTT4iY/edit#gid=0

It looks like the 12th is the Pumpking, which sounds like a holiday creature ala the Krampus.

Thanks, forgot that was a thing.

Also drat, Krampus is christmas only? Shame to lock away basically the entire devil build behind a single holiday (not that it's that interesting of a build in the first place though)

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Krampus is at least available to kill, and so you can at least use the Assassination mission to get his artifact trait, I presume.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I figured out how to make the gryphon team work

This is from one turn into the battle.

Fun fact: if you have someone with the "buffs persist after death" trait, it's best to put them on the far right of your party. Attacks that hit the whole party sweep from left to right, so if a group attack kills multiple monsters, anyone left of them keeps their buffs while anyone to the right of them loses them.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Broken Cog posted:

Thanks, forgot that was a thing.

Also drat, Krampus is christmas only? Shame to lock away basically the entire devil build behind a single holiday (not that it's that interesting of a build in the first place though)

I've seen both Krampus and Pumpking already, outside of holidays.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Yami Fenrir posted:

I've seen both Krampus and Pumpking already, outside of holidays.

I haven't seen Pumpking in the wild, but I do run into Krampus regularly (probably since he's in my bestiary as you can meet him in one of the master fights). My comment was more about that you seemingly cannot get the mana required to summon them outside of their respective holidays.
But yeah, I assume that if they are available to fight, you can at least grind them up so far that you can use assassination missions to get their relics.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Broken Cog posted:

I haven't seen Pumpking in the wild, but I do run into Krampus regularly (probably since he's in my bestiary as you can meet him in one of the master fights). My comment was more about that you seemingly cannot get the mana required to summon them outside of their respective holidays.
But yeah, I assume that if they are available to fight, you can at least grind them up so far that you can use assassination missions to get their relics.

Huh, you're right.

Well, that's dumb. He's like, a keystone to a devil build. Not that I'd make a devil build, but...

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So I finally unlocked gate of the gods and got a few of them under my belt. I finally feel free to set aside monk, at least in the name of expanding my repertoire for bigger chalice bonuses.

So I am now in the process of developing the dumbest doombringer build I can think of. It will have 3 nyx shadowjumpers and 2 mutated crypt bats. The goal? 75 attacks per turn, as many turns as I need, and 0 enemy turns.

The funniest part about doombringers is that attacks trigger resurrection events- such as giving your resurrected creatures rebirth, or having a 50% chance to send them to the top of the timeline- and heals trigger death events- such as the nyx attacks. So I'm gonna use the artifact material that causes everyone to take 100 damage when the wielder attacks and a mutated pulse bat to force the nyx to attack every single turn. Then use vulcanus to make the attacks actually good eventually.

I'm confident I can make this even dumber. This is just the beginning.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

So I finally unlocked gate of the gods and got a few of them under my belt. I finally feel free to set aside monk, at least in the name of expanding my repertoire for bigger chalice bonuses.

So I am now in the process of developing the dumbest doombringer build I can think of. It will have 3 nyx shadowjumpers and 2 mutated crypt bats. The goal? 75 attacks per turn, as many turns as I need, and 0 enemy turns.

The funniest part about doombringers is that attacks trigger resurrection events- such as giving your resurrected creatures rebirth, or having a 50% chance to send them to the top of the timeline- and heals trigger death events- such as the nyx attacks. So I'm gonna use the artifact material that causes everyone to take 100 damage when the wielder attacks and a mutated pulse bat to force the nyx to attack every single turn. Then use vulcanus to make the attacks actually good eventually.

I'm confident I can make this even dumber. This is just the beginning.

Be careful about building around on resurrection effects with Doombringer. Since the class was introduced, effects procc-ed by Eruption (after on attack effects, on res effects occur) count as though the creature has actually resurrected, which means anything that stops creatures from resurrecting kills your attacking creature. It was super annoying to me because I had a really fun build around this, but it got hard countered every time I ran into one of the handful of traits that block resurrection.

I reported it through the steam forums in Jan and I just tested it again to check whether or not it had been changed. I used a two creature party of a Thunderstruck Phoenix and a Frost Phoenix. I took them into a zone they way over leveled and I candle spawned Corrupted Phoenix. As soon as either my Phoenixes attacked, they were killed by the Final Breath trait from the Corrupted Phoenix.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
lol welp

Another thing is I was trying to start this engine with vulpes instead of mimic, and it looks like infernal charge/rabid dementia/adrenaline rush don't count as damaging spells.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, they're not. They force the target to Attack, but the spell itself doesn't do any damage.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Provoking with one of my hordes triggers so many effects that sometimes it freezes my game for a few seconds.

Also, 80%+ dodge continues to be the worst. At least scorned doesn't waste your time.

Edit: Hmm, maybe I should just get a spell gem that casts stone on the entire enemy party.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 26, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Vital Clutcher is a fun time.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Reminder to check the Nether Shop regularly.
This had been sitting in mine for a while, and I didn't even realize:

Edit:
+
:thunk:

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 26, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Yea, they're not. They force the target to Attack, but the spell itself doesn't do any damage.

This is fine, really, but I do kinda wish it was possible to have a build that didn't need a mimic to function.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Love how even the Angel master acknowledges that they are kind of worthless.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

As always, a fast (or mimic'd) War Priest might be the solution you are looking for.

Yea --- this Mimic Priest owns. I just Infernal Charge my big boy and immediately wipe everything always and forever now.

Also RE: Alternate Skin Unlocks from a few pages back -

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So this works:
+

Can also confirm that the project completing guy you can sometimes find in nether portals can finish godspawn projects.

Edit: Also I know we say this about every specialization, but Paladin has to be one of the dumbest ones, here's how it seems to work: Stack health -> Die -> Win

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 27, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Doing fire specialization but for some reason the monster I have with provoke increase burning debuff and provoke cast a spell that targets all enemies isn't casting a spell that targets all enemies when i provoke....

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Snooze Cruise posted:

Doing fire specialization but for some reason the monster I have with provoke increase burning debuff and provoke cast a spell that targets all enemies isn't casting a spell that targets all enemies when i provoke....

https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/t/0-8-10-bound-cerberus-trait-zero-to-one-not-working/7097/4

Cerberuses are busted atm but will be fixed in next patch :\

As for my bug, it turns out Ianne's Eccentricity- the thing that deals damage to everyone on "this creature" attacks- is mitigated by defense and so doesn't work really.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Do we have an ETA on the next patch? Really want to keep playing, but I'm holding out for new battle speed up tech, my build is sloooow

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

CubeTheory posted:

Do we have an ETA on the next patch? Really want to keep playing, but I'm holding out for new battle speed up tech, my build is sloooow

Same, it really sucks waiting for 30 corpse explosions to cast before the battle ends or one enemy resurrects. Even turboing through them it's like 2 per second.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So I was able to get a reliable non-mimic start with my (currently busted) doombringer build using Cosmos Vulpes (your creatures' first 3 non-ethereal healing spell gems each have a 30% chance to be cast automatically at the start of battle) + Idol Stag (chance to attack has a double chance of triggering) where each heal was enchanted with cast twice. This was pretty much guaranteed to trigger a couple Chance to Attack procs in T0 which would generally result in SOMEONE being handed first turn by my Royal Phoenix.

However, as I started optimizing the build, a large % of my attacks were being caused by multiple mutated crypt bats triggering off of each other to attack the air, so I ended up with 1 mutated crypt bat holding Ianne's Eccentricity and 5 nix shadowjumpers actually driving the build. So I'm now experimenting with Nix Informer (At the start of battle, enemies are afflicted with silenced for 1 turn) fused with the Mutated Crypt Bat, and 5 Nix Shadowjumpers. This should allow me to use Master of Nixes, which allows me to start combat with all my creatures invisible. I believe this will mean that I don't actually need a kickstart like Mimic or Cosmos Vulpes because the enemy just has to sit there and wait for me to start the fight.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i hate it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Reminder not to sleep on the spells you can buy from the gods, there are some build-defining stuff there:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This team is broken as hell. 99% of the fights just end on the first turn.
https://pastebin.com/4kT3teKr

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Thought my game had bugged for a moment, turns out it was just this thing in effect:

Seems pretty strong combined with something that punishes enemies for defending/provoking.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 28, 2021

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Am I just missing something or do equipped artifacts not show stat changes for the creature they're wielded by?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Oldstench posted:

Am I just missing something or do equipped artifacts not show stat changes for the creature they're wielded by?

I think it only takes effect once you're in a battle.
It could be explained better.

Edit: If I wanted to go for a Blight-centered build, what specialization/creatures/spell gems should I look out for? (Other than the obvious Sea Shamblers)

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 28, 2021

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: If I wanted to go for a Blight-centered build, what specialization/creatures/spell gems should I look out for? (Other than the obvious Sea Shamblers)

If you have gate of the gods finished, then Friden would be a good bet.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

cytoc posted:

If you have gate of the gods finished, then Friden would be a good bet.

That's, uh, kind of one of the reasons I wanted to make that build.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

That's, uh, kind of one of the reasons I wanted to make that build.

Not sure what else would work then, unfortunately.

I ended up building around Friden to focus on the poison damage, using the blighted as an added bonus. It worked pretty well, but ended up feeling like a slightly weaker version of my pyromancer.

cytoc fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 28, 2021

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

In terms of creatures the only one that directly interacts with blight would be Mite Interloper, which turns half attack damage into a heal, and Plague Doctor Soothsayer which heals you creatures when they take damage from blight among other debuffs.

More indirectly:

The Stone Giant gains 30% Max HP when an enemy is healed which goes well with HP into damage traits

The Snaptrap Batrap has 25% chance to enemies to the bottom of the timeline when they are healed.

Nightveil Spectre causes enemies to lose 25% Attack and Intelligence when they are healed.

Fog Spirit reduces their lowest trait by 25% when an enemy is healed.

In terms of Specialization Cleric increases your creature's healing, Defiler always works well with debuffs and the 3 debuffs from the class perk should stack with Friden's, Doombringer might work to boost the on action effects.

In terms of spells, it would be good to get stuff to maintain the mending leeching on enemies and heals in general. Not too sure if False Beliefs would worth, since the HP isn't actually recovered

Definitely worth looking at the cards that improve all the debuffs, not just the Sea Shambler blight set.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

LostRook posted:

In terms of creatures the only one that directly interacts with blight would be Mite Interloper, which turns half attack damage into a heal, and Plague Doctor Soothsayer which heals you creatures when they take damage from blight among other debuffs.

More indirectly:

The Stone Giant gains 30% Max HP when an enemy is healed which goes well with HP into damage traits

The Snaptrap Batrap has 25% chance to enemies to the bottom of the timeline when they are healed.

Nightveil Spectre causes enemies to lose 25% Attack and Intelligence when they are healed.

Fog Spirit reduces their lowest trait by 25% when an enemy is healed.

In terms of Specialization Cleric increases your creature's healing, Defiler always works well with debuffs and the 3 debuffs from the class perk should stack with Friden's, Doombringer might work to boost the on action effects.

In terms of spells, it would be good to get stuff to maintain the mending leeching on enemies and heals in general. Not too sure if False Beliefs would worth, since the HP isn't actually recovered

Definitely worth looking at the cards that improve all the debuffs, not just the Sea Shambler blight set.

That's all very useful, cheers!
Yeah, I found the "Parasites" spell from Fridens shop that gives leech and blighted to every enemy, so that's probably useful to have on a fast/mimic'd lead. Other than that I guess it's best to stock up on various heals, since I don't think there's too many traits that heal your enemies.

Would it be possible to combine some sort of heal with "on attack" to get it to cast on the enemy you attack?

Edit: I also unlocked Inquisitor, since the description said he uses healing to damage, but it seems it just converts healing on enemies to damage, so I don't think it would work with blight.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 28, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Mite Interloper will heal enemies off of attacks
Narklin Ophan will give everyone a fresh heal gem at the start of every battle
Sorcery Shapeshifter will let your damaging spells heal enemies. This could be fun for a spell like Apocalypse if you could protect the charges.
Battrap, Nightveil Spectre, Fog Spirit for negative on-heal effects for enemies
Soulflayer drone if you're going to run a shambler heavy build

EDIT:

Actually mimicing someone holding Triumvir who just starts every fight by casting apocalypse would probably end the fight right there.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 28, 2021

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't wait for the next update that's supposed to add a search function because trying to make teams right now is very frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

I can't wait for the next update that's supposed to add a search function because trying to make teams right now is very frustrating.

And it was confirmed that Ianne's will be fixed next patch!