Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

100YrsofAttitude posted:

To be fair Smash is pretty much virtual action figures. Let them create their own scenarios and do great fight sequences.

My son has maxed out the custom mii fighters multiple times and is constantly deleting them and making more. I can't blame him I would have been doing the same thing if I would have had a game like that thirty years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Commander Keene posted:

The 8BitDo controllers are generally considered the highest quality for third-party. They have the SN30 Pro 2 coming out next month.

As soon as they figure out how to make their controllers wake the Switch from Sleep Mode I'm not sure why anyone would bother with a pro controller. I guess Amiibo stuff? :shrug:

I used my SN30 Pro+ to play DFO and PSO2 on the PC and it was so much better than using a 360 controller too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I prefer the regular Pro for analog controls but always opt for my SN30 Pro for D-Pad games.

Though I mostly play handheld anyway and use my modded D-Pad JoyCon there.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been kinda meh oh 8bitdo controllers, but the new Pro+2 or whatever that's coming out looks pretty slick. Has a textured back which is one of those things you never realized you needed until you've had it before.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only 8bitdo I like is the M30 which is the modernized Saturn pad. Real good for fighters and 2D games

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Man I wish the m30 actually worked with the Saturn though.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it’s trash that they have a Genesis adapter but not a Saturn one. The genesis didn’t even have shoulder buttons you jerks!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Does the Switch Lite play games in portable mode in terms of performance?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Does the Switch Lite play games in portable mode in terms of performance?

Yeah.

Is there a known set time for when Monster Hunter unlocks?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm hoping midnight

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The website says it's out now ;)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fun Times! posted:

The website says it's out now ;)

The game says I cannot

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL when the switch pro comes out before Metroid Prime Trilogy

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
aite waiting for monster hunter rise to unlock, still got over an hour to go which is fine I guess

I'll run around the demo for an hour or so trying out weapons. It's what I usually do for the first 2-3 hours of a brand new MH game anyways

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
“A few hours”

https://twitter.com/capcomusa_/status/1375296662462111745?s=21

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

A Short Hike is terrific and a perfect fit for the system. Some great visual effects and only a little bit of choppy framerate.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This is a long shot, but is there a Switch game (I think it’s an RPG but it might be a VN) that game out fairly recently with a Japanese name that takes place in a school or something? The title might have a Japanese city in it too. I wear I read something about it not too long ago but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it was.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Got my son a Switch for his 6th birthday and he just turned 7 a few months ago. His most played games -
Minecraft, BotW, Odyssey, New SMB Deluxe, Cuphead, Luigi's Mansion, and Goat Simulator. He needed my help with thunderblight in BotW and Cuphead is super hard for us but he's beaten everything else himself if it is beatable. For some reason he hasn't been very into Mario Kart or Link's Awakening and even less Animal Crossing. He also really likes Link to the Past on SNESFlix and the old Mario games on there.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

fadam posted:

This is a long shot, but is there a Switch game (I think it’s an RPG but it might be a VN) that game out fairly recently with a Japanese name that takes place in a school or something? The title might have a Japanese city in it too. I wear I read something about it not too long ago but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it was.

Maybe Kowloon Highscool Chronicles?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Felter Chesthard posted:

Got my son a Switch for his 6th birthday and he just turned 7 a few months ago. His most played games -
Minecraft, BotW, Odyssey, New SMB Deluxe, Cuphead, Luigi's Mansion, and Goat Simulator. He needed my help with thunderblight in BotW and Cuphead is super hard for us but he's beaten everything else himself if it is beatable. For some reason he hasn't been very into Mario Kart or Link's Awakening and even less Animal Crossing. He also really likes Link to the Past on SNESFlix and the old Mario games on there.
If he likes the old Marios, Mario Maker is a pro buy if you're looking for recommendations

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

fadam posted:

This describes 90% of the genre so you'll have to be more specific.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

A Short Hike is terrific and a perfect fit for the system. Some great visual effects and only a little bit of choppy framerate.

https://twitter.com/eagalseagal/status/1374948874855452673

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

fadam posted:

Kuukiyomi 3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

Similarly on the subject of cross-play, Overcooked: All you can Eat just dropped on most platforms with cross-play.

(For some reason adding cross-play was a 5GB patch on PS5 :psyduck:)

5GB of patch doesn't necessarily mean an additional 5GB of storage footprint for the game, it's more likely 5GB of networking code changes along with whatever else is added to it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
If I get MH it’s for the wirebug (which I’ll probably never get this good with):
https://twitter.com/PunkDuck_/status/1375198651664973825?s=20

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

homeless snail posted:

If he likes the old Marios, Mario Maker is a pro buy if you're looking for recommendations

IMO the dev made content alone is the best mario available for switch.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

japtor posted:

If I get MH it’s for the wirebug (which I’ll probably never get this good with):
https://twitter.com/PunkDuck_/status/1375198651664973825?s=20

After 2 hours of playing I've already realised I will never be good with it, especially in handheld.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Scylo posted:

After 2 hours of playing I've already realised I will never be good with it, especially in handheld.

How well does it play in handheld? This will be my only option.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Scylo posted:

If it's your first run at Monster Hunter then don't worry because you will definitely get better with time. Corollary is that you'll get knocked around plenty, too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So I pre-ordered Rise but it isn't letting me set my dog as a Golden Retriever?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

5GB of patch doesn't necessarily mean an additional 5GB of storage footprint for the game, it's more likely 5GB of networking code changes along with whatever else is added to it.

Yeah I know, it's just weird because the entire game package is less than 7GB.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Len posted:

Did you talk to the courier to get the preorder pack?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Science_enthusiast posted:

How well does it play in handheld? This will be my only option.

It plays well, no performance issues that I have noticed. I just have big hands so I'm noticing that I'm not playing as well in handheld as I used to in World, but that could also just be because it's been a few years

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I took the day off work to hunt monsters, good thing the Switch is portable because I've got no power

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Len posted:

You gotta make your dog pal first then claim the layered golden retriever from the cat courier by the quest handler. It’s not a dog type you pick at creation.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZR2yMoVcLM

i don't want this game to go awayyyyyy :smith:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You gotta make your dog pal first then claim the layered golden retriever from the cat courier by the quest handler. It’s not a dog type you pick at creation.
I wish I had a time machine so that I could ask someone fifty years ago what they thought these sentences meant.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Really makes me curious as to why it's going away and what might take its place, if anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Is it easier to team up with friends in MH: Rise? I hated that cutscene rule in World.