Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I can't wait to fail miserably at wirebugging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Unlucky7 posted:

Ya know, I think the introduction of Palicos as partners for hunts (DOES anyone remember what the thing from MH3 was named?) is probably the best thing the series has introduced. Both for aesthetic reasons (ITS A KITTY) and practical (Its provides another pair of hands and, at worst, gives a distraction for you to take advantage of)

They were Shakalakas. The one you had for most of the game was Cha-Cha, and Kayamba was the one they added for the G rank stuff in 3 Ultimate.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hellioning posted:

:same:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hellioning posted:

yeah.... yeah

(e) is mount "status" built up the same way as always, with aerial attacks?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Tried logging into my JP account to see if it was unlocked by account region but no luck

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

yeah.... yeah

(e) is mount "status" built up the same way as always, with aerial attacks?

I think so but also this time with wirebug attacks.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Oh hey when to the amiibos go on sale btw?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DeathSandwich posted:

It sounds like OldHorn is the only way to get the XL buffs, and it lets you do the hammer twirl off cooldown with the downside of it being slower.

Ah see that's a tradeoff and one that would actually make me think about switching.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Am I hearing IG gets to switch in a counter?

Time to aerial bakugan some beyblades or whatever the kids say.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Oh good, Khezu's theme is intact!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Hellioning posted:

yeah! me too :)

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Yes I have work in the morning, and yes I'll be launching this thing at 12am sharp :woop:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I'm already terrible at wirebugging

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i know i need to use the wirebug bail more

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why use wirebug bail when you can spend your wirebugs on counters that don't block anything?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I've got a problem...all of these weapons are fun!

Going through them it looks like there are multiple attacks depending on the weapon right? Like some of r, hold r x and a, etc etc

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PneumonicBook posted:

I've got a problem...all of these weapons are fun!

Going through them it looks like there are multiple attacks depending on the weapon right? Like some of r, hold r x and a, etc etc

yeah open the menu and check the hunters notes for each weapon

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

lets hang out posted:

yeah open the menu and check the hunters notes for each weapon

drat that would have been helpful earlier haha.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh good, Khezu's theme is intact!

i love that, without fail, everyone carries this joke

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

To my immense surprise I’m really liking LS in the demo

so many counters :fap:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

404notfound posted:

I picked up GU when it was on sale some time ago but didn't end up playing it much, so I guess this'll be my first real MonHun! I like being support classes in games, but how does the horn fare as a solo weapon?

This has already been answered, but I'm answering it again because it's an excuse to talk about Horn.

Horn is dope solo. Your excellent buffs apply to you, too, and it's one of two weapons that specialize in blunt damage (along with Hammer), so you get loads of KOs (a knockdown caused by blunt damage to the head). It's an excellent weapon outside of the buffs, and the buffs simply make you and your teammates hit like trucks. I've been playing Horn solo after many hours with Lance, and it wrecks house. Fantastic weapon.

Shine fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 26, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hunting Horn is in a weird spot just because (even though apparently it is getting a damage nerf) it's seemingly the most effective in a party because of multiple people getting your buffs, but because of the way KO scales it might actually be better solo. At least in World, KO was scaled to such an extreme level in multiplayer that you'd be lucky to get one KO per fight, but in my solo missions I was absolutely clowning the monsters. Interested to see what some of the math comes out to once you get access to decorations and armor sets and how useful statuses will be this time around

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i am STOKED to finally be playing this but i'm a little sad that they didn't address the issue of the hunting horn song list

it's completely unnecessary and takes up a bunch of screen space, and the only way to hide it is to also hide the staff and infernal melody indicator :smith:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Horn isn't weaker solo. Horn's self buffs just happen to also buff everyone else as a side effect because they're so amazed at how hard you're styling on the monster.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Hunting Horn is in a weird spot just because (even though apparently it is getting a damage nerf) it's seemingly the most effective in a party because of multiple people getting your buffs, but because of the way KO scales it might actually be better solo. At least in World, KO was scaled to such an extreme level in multiplayer that you'd be lucky to get one KO per fight, but in my solo missions I was absolutely clowning the monsters. Interested to see what some of the math comes out to once you get access to decorations and armor sets and how useful statuses will be this time around

the mp scaling fully sucked in world and i'm really hoping it's back to how it was in earlier games

like super lame spending an entire hunt trying to break parts with a group and then going solo and doing it in a minute, easy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

the mp scaling fully sucked in world and i'm really hoping it's back to how it was in earlier games

like super lame spending an entire hunt trying to break parts with a group and then going solo and doing it in a minute, easy

It sure seems like every bubblefox I've fought in the demo has been broken to pieces by the time we triple carted

no i haven't gotten a single successful multiplayer mitzu hunt, why do you ask :suicide:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Launch trailer, with an Apex Rathalos reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD6eLsO0SJQ

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Wait...........the game isn't even getting an "ending" until an unannounced 3.0 version and HR won't unlock until the end of April?????

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Wait...........the game isn't even getting an "ending" until an unannounced 3.0 version and HR won't unlock until the end of April?????

a different ending, and they don't mean high rank mons but the nearly meaningless number on your profile

i post this because you scared me :v:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is very true. Especially with Slugger 5 and Felyne Slugger, there are so many KOs.

And regarding the two Horn modes, loving awesome 10/10 GOTY :swoon:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

This is bullshit. Capcom can't loving remove my ability to bitch about these drat loving kids and their ez horns.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

tokenbrownguy posted:

This is bullshit. Capcom can't loving remove my ability to bitch about these drat loving kids and their ez horns.

I was just about past my decision paralysis on first weapon, and now I gotta face it again for NuHorn vs OGHorn? :cry:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I hope everyone is cool with spoilers as the game approaches USA unlock time. I'm hoping to take it slow and I don't wanna see anything weird from later on.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

are we going to have a hunter connect group? i think it's kind of like squads but maybe more casual somehow? they didn't explain it well in the video

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The release of Rise spurred me to finally start Generations Ultimate. In World I largely used the insect glaive and the switch axe so I want to try something new here and have started with gunlance and adept style assuming it's a tanky defensive setup offering big returns on offense. Is that about right? And anything I should know before playing that'll spare me some grief? I remember reading World cut off the jank that was part of the series till that point.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Alxprit posted:

I hope everyone is cool with spoilers as the game approaches USA unlock time. I'm hoping to take it slow and I don't wanna see anything weird from later on.

I have hear that (major spoilers) The game is real good <------ (I mean it, this is a huge huge spoiler! Don't read!)

I'm sad I got spoiled, but you should be able to go in blind.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Going in hot as my Vergil hunter protecting the Mothra twins.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Alxprit posted:

I can't believe that you fight a bunch of monsters in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
let me in.