Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

nurmie posted:

how would one call a "tankie in reverse"? like is there a catchy term for a gung ho neo-conservative (or just a super pro-american neo-liberal) who's all about exporting that democracy and free markets, by force if necessary?

American

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wasn't this game cancelled in the mid 2000's for how lovely the subject matter is?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

Wasn't this game cancelled in the mid 2000's for how lovely the subject matter is?

about five years ago, but yeah

IT'S BACK YAAAAAAAAAAY

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

But why?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
because AMERICA is BACK

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well I mean the US Army is still streaming and using video games as recruiting tools for the youth is a well aged tradition

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Arivia posted:

about five years ago, but yeah

IT'S BACK YAAAAAAAAAAY

Earliest news I can find is 2009, because people were rightfully protesting it Konami decided to not publish it. Why are they so adamant about making poo poo?

The poo poo trailer they did with the soldiers is 200 percent propaganda

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23367

quote:

Atomic Games aimed to stem the controversy by working with a number of ex-Marines involved in the action and claimed that the idea originally came from veterans of the conflict.

Propaganda as gently caress.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
we have heard your dissent and claims that this is propaganda, and our solution was to add even more propaganda into it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

do the soldiers have camelback™ brand water backpacks?

I remember those being huge at the time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
War crimes, brought to you by Pepsi

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Arivia posted:

I as a trans woman am okay with mocking Rebekah Mercer for finding lovely conservative and reactionary groups including a bunch of transphobes and am also okay with mocking her five head as part of pointing out that cis women can have them

I almost took you seriously, but then checked your rap sheet which features "transphobia", "perpetuating misogyny and sexism", and "sexist comments". So I'm not willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Fair point on "transgendered" though. Too bad you used it as a point to attack rather than to inform.

"I'm trans and I say it's okay to belittle someone in a way that insults trans people and women in general."

gently caress right off, Arivia.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/jazbespittin/status/1375109198476943365

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

this is probably a troll account I'm thinking

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

They've got a hammer and sickle, retweet anti-capitalism posts, claim to be 59 yet say everyone over 19 on twitter should be banned.

I'm gonna say that's a troll account.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Fair enough!

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Are the IOSM’s the people replying to an account that basically has “I AM A TROLL” written all over it?

Edit: beaten

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's weird cuz they also simulate the sort of "meltdown" someone unironically posting that would have (wasting their day defensively replying to everybody who tweets at them like this is a press conference)
Aint you supposed to just sit back and enjoy all the people you caught in your net? Not that it's not fake, but still, that's some weird "trolling". Some real Mother Night poo poo going on on the internet.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

letthereberock posted:

Are the IOSM’s the people replying to an account that basically has “I AM A TROLL” written all over it?

Edit: beaten

No, it's me :shobon:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zesty posted:

I almost took you seriously, but then checked your rap sheet which features "transphobia", "perpetuating misogyny and sexism", and "sexist comments". So I'm not willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Fair point on "transgendered" though. Too bad you used it as a point to attack rather than to inform.

"I'm trans and I say it's okay to belittle someone in a way that insults trans people and women in general."

gently caress right off, Arivia.

oh, thanks for reminding me to get all those reversed probations removed from when the mods admitted they didn't understand my experience and were modding me incorrectly

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
All I remember is trans goons in QCS complaining about how you tell them your lived experience matters more than theirs

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

christmas boots posted:

All I remember is trans goons in QCS complaining about how you tell them your lived experience matters more than theirs

the op says to discuss idiocy on social media, not to get into slapfights about stuff you half remember from elsewhere on the forums

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mikebromham/status/1375159058081136642?s=20

:discourse:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean they call it "blighty" and everything

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

FFT posted:

yeah how about a trans pride flag for adults?? with strong, historical tones!?

sorry what exactly is the meaning of this post? explain like i'm an idiot who doesn't understand social cues, because that's exactly what i am. thank you. at first i thought this was some nazi thing but GIS doesn't return any matching results; i know it ISN'T an edit of the trans flag because it doesn't look anything like the trans flag; super not sure what your point is, thanks for your time

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

InediblePenguin posted:

sorry what exactly is the meaning of this post? explain like i'm an idiot who doesn't understand social cues, because that's exactly what i am. thank you. at first i thought this was some nazi thing but GIS doesn't return any matching results; i know it ISN'T an edit of the trans flag because it doesn't look anything like the trans flag; super not sure what your point is, thanks for your time
I made the flag as a tasteless joke, yes.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

FFT posted:

I made the flag as a tasteless joke, yes.

I didn't get it either, what is the joke? What makes it tasteless? I've never seen that flag before, and if you made it I can't figure out what it's a variation on

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

were you trying to say i'm a nazi because i don't like the aesthetics of the trans pride flag for my own personal wear/display?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

I didn't get it either, what is the joke? What makes it tasteless? I've never seen that flag before, and if you made it I can't figure out what it's a variation on

It's a Pride-style flag using nazi colours.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

InediblePenguin posted:

were you trying to say i'm a nazi because i don't like the aesthetics of the trans pride flag for my own personal wear/display?

lmao

no, but you'd be hard-pressed to call it a "baby shower accessory"

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

baby blue, baby pink, white, baby pink, baby blue. when i wear it people see it as something very femme, which WOULD be fine, since being femme is fine and i'd actually like to present much more femme than i already do -- i wear pastels but would like to feel free enough to wear makeup -- but is, in practice, not fine for me because it leads to people misgendering me, an experience i do not enjoy. these are my personal reasons for feeling the way i do about the trans pride flag, as a trans man. it gives me pain and sorrow to compromise on my presentation as a concession to cis society but it also gives me pain and sorrow to be misgendered and this is where i currently stand. i hope that some day i can enjoy the trans pride flag more.

thank you for explaining yourself. i stlll don't understand what your loving point was if it wasn't to insult me by saying i'd prefer a nazi flag, but i do appreciate that you provided an explanation at all. i hope you have a good day.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'd like to ask everyone involved in this particular discussion - you know the one I mean - to drop it, since I'm not currently in a position to mediate, and I don't want to come back to this thread to see the aftermath of an ugly fight.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Shrimp guy been publicly hamged yet? The post made its way to my wife's FB and I was trying to explain why he was bad, but I have the memory of a small crustacean which may or may not have infiltrated the nation's cereal as well as its social media feeds.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Shrimp guy been publicly hamged yet? The post made its way to my wife's FB and I was trying to explain why he was bad, but I have the memory of a small crustacean which may or may not have infiltrated the nation's cereal as well as its social media feeds.

Since being outed as an abuser he's gone silent, so I don't think we're getting any of the "yes, these are shrimp tails that you put into the bag yourself" results from the lab.

He really overdid it with the second bag being "resealed". Like, are you accusing someone of tampering with it, like the random Tylenol murders? Was it connected to the shrimp box, or a total coincidence? If someone was tampering in both cases, why did they go with putting shrimp tails in the unpackaged cereal, then rip open a bag? Are we supposed to believe a worker noticed, then resealed a bag, rather than tossing it like I imagine they do to tens of bags a shift?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/1374729052863479817?s=21

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Whether Shrimpman faked it or not, it's still amazing that Cinnamon Toast Crunch looked at this picture

and said it was just accumulated cinnamon and sugar

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1375193448375058433?s=20

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Garrand posted:

Whether Shrimpman faked it or not, it's still amazing that Cinnamon Toast Crunch looked at this picture

and said it was just accumulated cinnamon and sugar

"our team closely examined the image" = we sent the tweet to one of our quality guys in the field who glanced at it on his phone and went "yeah probably a clump of cinnamon" before going back to work.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
THE most melodramatic thin skinned babies
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1375214332028444674?s=20
https://twitter.com/du15yek30/status/1375228001709924358?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If only Elon could invent a way to give these guys swirlies from across the internet