Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I don't think so, but somehow Dana Carvey has a great Biden impression and none of the current SNL cast members will be able to come even close.

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1374780551102627841

What a pathetic life it has to be, for a comedian who has to apologize for even the weakest jokes about the president.

Even the tiktok guy who made a funny video about Biden had to immediately follow it with a video saying how much he actually loves and respects Biden and to please stop calling him a Trump supporter. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
just wanted to pop in to post that i heard Joe biden says he is planningto run again in 2024 and i just awnt to say "lol"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

He did say that. The jist of it was:

- He compared asylum seekers to his ancestors fleeing Ireland.
- Said that people persecuted and in danger should come, legal right to asylum, etc.

But, said people seeking a better economic situation, connecting with family in the US, or other reasons should stay where they are and not come to the border because they will be able to apply online, via mail, or in-person at facilities in their country starting in April.

He said they shouldn't come to the border because:

- There were too many people coming over at once and the asylum, refugee, visa, immigration court, and other systems were dismantled by the Trump administration and they are building them back.
- Admitted that they weren't prepared, but are working on it and everyone will get processed faster if they use multiple avenues instead of just going to the border.
- The journey was itself too dangerous and if you aren't applying for asylum or in danger, then it will be better to stay where you are and apply from one of those methods.

you forgot:

- Kids will be put in cages

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Willa Rogers posted:

you forgot:

- Kids will be put in cages

c'mon man, 120 percent of them are 17 years old

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
wonder who was VP in 2009 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Honduran_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat#Human_rights_abuses_of_the_interim_government

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
man joe biden is a bad guy

butt pound foolish
Oct 27, 2020

Someone called it, liberals are going to define any form of protest as an insurrection now and cheer on the cops when they crackdown.

https://twitter.com/benjaminokeefe/status/1375250323321856010?s=21

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

butt pound foolish posted:

Someone called it, liberals are going to define any form of protest as an insurrection now and cheer on the cops when they crackdown.

How does the text follow the tweet?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

How does the text follow the tweet?

we must respect the legislative process

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Dems are bad op

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

paul_soccer12 posted:

just wanted to pop in to post that i heard Joe biden says he is planningto run again in 2024 and i just awnt to say "lol"

the libs assured me he wouldn't though

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

butt pound foolish posted:

Glenn Greenwald called it, liberals are going to define any form of protest as an insurrection now and cheer on the cops when they crackdown.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

WHAT

N-no...

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/mrbrownsir/status/1375150113849495556?s=20

Ted Talk Biden

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1375147298980835332?s=20

Divination is a sin, and as a good Catholic Biden refuses to predict the future

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Atrocious Joe posted:

Kind of hosed up we have a president who won't count the yarrow stalks or even cast the coins

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

so he's saying it will still be a debatable question?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

What a pathetic life it has to be, for a comedian who has to apologize for even the weakest jokes about the president.

Even the tiktok guy who made a funny video about Biden had to immediately follow it with a video saying how much he actually loves and respects Biden and to please stop calling him a Trump supporter. lol

And he's been like that for decades, bragging about his great relationship with George Bush Sr.

When Will Ferrell was asked if he had a great relationship with W, his answer was "Lol, No".

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sun might come up tomorrow. Sun might not. That's why I Pray to God every night that it comes up.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Im ready for the Trump/Biden matchup in 2024. If trump wins, this gives biden a comeback shot in 2028

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/mrbrownsir/status/1375150113849495556?s=20

Ted Talk Biden

seems like a bad quality in a president

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

That is infuriating, holy poo poo.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Manager Hoyden posted:

Kind of hosed up we have a president who won't count the yarrow stalks or even cast the coins

That's the job of the Senate Haruspex

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

sullat posted:

That's the job of the Senate Haruspex

im sorry but the rituals don't matter unless it is a magistrate who performs them. you can't just give away the divination of the future to some nobody and expect the gods to still listen to you.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

He did the graduate school equivalent of a musician saying the local town's name

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Well if Joe is indeed running again, I'd like to express my condolences to Grover Cleveland for losing his claim to fame

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Reality Protester posted:

Sun might come up tomorrow. Sun might not. That's why I Pray to God every night that it comes up.

The inductive fallacy is a seductive mistress.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Atrocious Joe posted:

The inability to plan ahead four years is a feature, not a bug, in a Democrat president

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Andorra posted:

Well if Joe is indeed running again, I'd like to express my condolences to Grover Cleveland for losing his claim to fame

I wasn't aware that Biden knocked up a lady and then had her involuntarily committed to an asylum, but there's a lot about him I don't know.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

#psakibomb kills 20 in west bank

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

#psakibomb kills 20 in west bank

Give our brave girl a medal.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

oh a WOMAN isn't allowed to be a spy for israel huh????

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Man the press is relentless. It's disgusting how it's political suicide to help refugees in America so you have to hedge your bets and say you'll deport, but do so humanely. Immigration is definitely going to be a wedge issue for 2022 goddamnit. They're gonna blow it so far out of proportion, anything to sink the Democrats and end progress.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
democracy is wholly unequipped to handle any of the multiple crises currently in progress, let alone the changes that will be required to meaningfully halt the worst effects of climate change

Autocracy will win regardless because liberal democratic societies can't coordinate their efforts effectively enough. Our only positive outcome we can hope for is for it to take the form of eco-stalinism

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Man the press is relentless. It's disgusting how it's political suicide to help refugees in America so you have to hedge your bets and say you'll deport, but do so humanely. Immigration is definitely going to be a wedge issue for 2022 goddamnit. They're gonna blow it so far out of proportion, anything to sink the Democrats and end progress.

the latino media pressed him the hardest and libs are furious with them.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

the latino media pressed him the hardest and libs are furious with them.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, VOTE FOR TRUMP

*more latinos vote for trump*

wait waht the gently caress

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Manager Hoyden posted:

Haruspex-in-Chief

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

it's only "political suicide" because you insist on courting xenophobes you dense motherfuckers aaaaaaa

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, VOTE FOR TRUMP

*more latinos vote for trump*

wait waht the gently caress

"inherently misogynistic culture"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I would argue that the United States actually needs a Cold War with China if the country is to reverse the decline its been in. This might sound crazy, but just look at American history. The US has been at war for something like 225 out of 246 years it's been a sovereign state and has consistently and constantly defined itself against an Other and used it as a launchpad for social, technological, and political progress. Rebelling against the British, the Monroe Doctrine, the Roosevelt Corollary, imperial competition against the European powers, the fight against fascism in WW2, the Cold War and the Space Race bringing things like computers and space tech in general in a competition against the Soviets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Reality Protester posted:

I would argue that the United States actually needs a Cold War with China if the country is to reverse the decline its been in. This might sound crazy, but just look at American history. The US has been at war for something like 225 out of 246 years it's been a sovereign state and has consistently and constantly defined itself against an Other and used it as a launchpad for social, technological, and political progress. Rebelling against the British, the Monroe Doctrine, the Roosevelt Corollary, imperial competition against the European powers, the fight against fascism in WW2, the Cold War and the Space Race bringing things like computers and space tech in general in a competition against the Soviets.

why did you steal that post