Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Just Chamber posted:

Yea for sure, like honestly they should just scrap The Besties as Chris and Russ are just boring imo and it's on its last legs

Just Chamber posted:

For sure, it's why the Besties needs to end (the other reason being the two Brothers should be using that time to make more video game content on youtube), he just gets to that 59 minute mark and it's a hard out, it's so obvious he doesnt want to be there.
Jeez dude The Besties is fine. I'm not sure what "last legs" means for a now-weekly show that previously had only one episode a year several calendar years.

I think the second half of the show can get kind of weak when they come up with some game-adjacent bit instead of talking more about playing games, but I don't think it's any worse than the show has been throughout its history.

I think all video game podcasts are having a slow time because it's a slow part of the year in what's going to be a slow year overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like the Besties but now that I think about it I would rather just have Justin and Griffin do fun game videos a la the old Polygon vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxfabOa_Gg

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I'm surprised they've been so slow to get into Twitch streaming, tbh. Maybe they want to preserve gaming as a non-performative hobby.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Tears In A Vial posted:

Someone in this thread recommended a Podcast called Let's Make A Music. What order am I supposed to listen to them in? Are those minus numbers counting down to zero, and then back up again? Or are they listed in a weird order?

The show has basically had two "seasons" with a year or two long hiatus between and a host change, and they reset the episode numbering when Karen Han came on board.

The initial run is Brian, Laura (Brian's Sister) and (Jonas?) their music production friend hosting, and it was real good, but it stopped a ways into Brian's time at polygon due to time commitment problems.

The new run where they reset back to episode 1 started back up right before Brian left polygon and is Brian, Laura and Karen Han (also ex-polygon) hosting while Jonas is in the background still working on the music production but no longer hosting, and it is excellent. More Karen Han in everything thankyou.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I was skeptical of Karen when she first showed up in the Polygon videos because her energy didn't initially match what the others had. But then she recognized Pat's clue of "the lady who jerked off a dolphin" in the fake artist game on Overboard, and I knew everything would be okay

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Karen is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV__C64Ni50

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
apparently that specific hurdy gurdy is really not great, and hurdy gurdy players online were annoyed

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol you [not you specifically] play the hurdy gurdy, who cares if you're annoyed. Fretboards are haaaard.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
man, those toxic gurdygate bros

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I remember in the early 2000s every local band had the same cheapo $15 glockenspiel and $10 melodica

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I too remember when Arcade Fire were really really good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm annoyed to this day that Donovan's "Hurdy Gurdy Man" doesn't feature a hurdy gurdy in it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Oh gently caress, I went back and watched the dolphin part, and I had it backwards. Karen drew it and Pat recognized it. This goes to show that Karen actually rules and I don't give her enough credit.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Entropic posted:

man, those toxic gurdygate bros

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Lol new Besties is just Russ and Plante

edit: so thankful our excellent mod is here to protect us from the bad words, "soy face"

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 26, 2021

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You are an excellent poster in AI. Don't do this to me, man.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
it's the face you make when you know you're about to eat a delicious bowl of miso

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Crazyeyes posted:

I'm still following TAZ. Justin is the light shining in the darkness. The railroad is still very much in effect, however. Honestly unsure how much farther this arc is intended to go as pacing and plot is so oddly both out the window and in your face, but Travis has declared this is their last level-up so probably not much longer in the grand scheme.

I'm surprised it's ending already but I can't blame Travis. I can imagine the anguish of making a big idea for a campaign and it falters early in. But it's better to fold than to hold. Hope he sticks the landing with the finale.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

It was pretty funny finding out the soyface guy had a popular podcast.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol dipshit mods

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

um excuse me posted:

AI has one of the highest crossovers of active KiwiFarms posters, so maybe don’t be super quick to use “cool in AI” as a metric

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Lord Bob posted:

The show has basically had two "seasons" with a year or two long hiatus between and a host change, and they reset the episode numbering when Karen Han came on board.

The initial run is Brian, Laura (Brian's Sister) and (Jonas?) their music production friend hosting, and it was real good, but it stopped a ways into Brian's time at polygon due to time commitment problems.

The new run where they reset back to episode 1 started back up right before Brian left polygon and is Brian, Laura and Karen Han (also ex-polygon) hosting while Jonas is in the background still working on the music production but no longer hosting, and it is excellent. More Karen Han in everything thankyou.

Gotcha. Thanks very much. So 'season one' spans episodes -39 to 0, and 'season two' is episodes 1 to now.

Cheers, I'll give it a bash.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

um excuse me posted:

It's a bad probe IMO and while I appreciate the compliment the record will show i have never been an excellent poster anywhere. :v:

That said it's only a sixer so point taken.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 26, 2021

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Can we call it “I am face”?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Can we call it “I am face”?

brb, gonna start a wrestling career as Soy Face before turning into Soy Heel

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Sivart13 posted:

Jeez dude The Besties is fine. I'm not sure what "last legs" means for a now-weekly show that previously had only one episode a year several calendar years.

I think the second half of the show can get kind of weak when they come up with some game-adjacent bit instead of talking more about playing games, but I don't think it's any worse than the show has been throughout its history.

I think all video game podcasts are having a slow time because it's a slow part of the year in what's going to be a slow year overall.

Personally I think the two other co hosts are dull, always have been, and it's only been Justin and Griffin's energy and jokes keeping it vaguely entertaining, now that Justin seems imo checked out more and more each episode it's just barely enjoyable. I say last legs because they stopped doing weekly episodes for a reason pre Spotify, and while I think they were fine doing it weekly or w/e when Spotify was paying them (and Justin made it clear that it was only because they were getting money that it was so frequent) now they've lost that and they're still releasing eps every 7 days it's lost it's energy, especially from Justin, which is just Justin's vibe recently everywhere honestly. But hey if you're still enjoying it that's great, it's just the impression I get. I think it says a lot when their best episode lately was when they had Elyse Willems on who injected some fresh energy into it.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 26, 2021

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
At least for MBMBAM, were in the longest streak without live shows to break up the flow that they've had in literally years. Creative burnout is a thing.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

brb, gonna start a wrestling career as Soy Face before turning into Soy Heel

Travis does it on purpose because he knows it annoys people and he thinks that annoyance is entertaining.

It’s Kayface.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Since the thread is the love zone i will say despite Travis being....so incredibly extra, when he hits it out of the park it's usually great. Ruin my box with crawdads, donut joke, the alf bit.

This is not a new point and has been brought up in this thread but I'll concede it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's weird that Travis has a reputation for being a whiny joke killing attention hog because on mbmbam that's Griffin's job

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
They all kill jokes in their own way. Travis just does it by mistake, thinking he's saving it, so I guess it stands out more.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

flavor.flv posted:

It's weird that Travis has a reputation for being a whiny joke killing attention hog because on mbmbam that's Griffin's job

Yeah but as the littlest brother, whining and steamrolling is his birthright. Travis needs to stay in his lane.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

But they all do it by assuming that we care about their kids.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

little munchkin posted:

lol dipshit mods

Soyface is a dipshit phrase, keep it up mods

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
people are like, it doesn't matter what his face is like becauuse it's an audio medium. but his voice is exactly as bad as you would expect from seeing a picture of him

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

This thread is just becoming weird with the Travis hate again

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I think it's perfectly natural for all the pent up Travis dislike to be finally let loose, after the events of the last week or two. I've always hated his involvement in Mcelroy stuff, but I almost always kept it to myself since it's just petty annoyance. Now that he's been a bit of an rear end in a very public way the floodgates are open. Some folks are being a little weird about it, but it'll be out of the community's system after a week or two and then things will probably be quiet again until his next stupid stunt.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Be good if the Mcelroys released something worth mentioning. Travis hasn't gotten more annoying, were just running out of talking points.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

SpacePig posted:

Oh gently caress, I went back and watched the dolphin part, and I had it backwards. Karen drew it and Pat recognized it. This goes to show that Karen actually rules and I don't give her enough credit.

There was also the time she dressed up as a raven for an episode of overboard and pulled this move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRKgdPWZAxE&t=1817s

Karen rules.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I don't hate Travis, but I do enjoy the Justin + Griffin or Griffin solo stuff about 1000% more than TAZ or MBMBAM. Also that Among Us clip is weapons-grade secondhand embarrassment. They should show it in schools to warn about the dangers of not shutting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Lester Shy posted:

I don't hate Travis, but I do enjoy the Justin + Griffin or Griffin solo stuff about 1000% more than TAZ or MBMBAM. Also that Among Us clip is weapons-grade secondhand embarrassment. They should show it in schools to warn about the dangers of not shutting up.

Truck sim video reminding me how excellent their gameplays were

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwnEtMF3fo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTdrTalcaU