Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
They're reading this board for tips please be serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
just do what america does, bomb it already come on this isn't hard. bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb ship

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
at what point does Egypt throw its hands up and say “this is too expensive to fix” and threaten to abandon the canal unless the UN pay to get it unstuck

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Judakel posted:

They're reading this board for tips please be serious

oh, just like al qaeda after 9/11

some of you are all right; don't ship anything through the panama canal on halloween

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

What if they run electricity to a bunch of wind turbines, and create a gust of wind to blow it back into the canal?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope this was caused by the Children of Kali

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
replace the water in the canal with sex lube

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

https://istheshipstillstuck.com/

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

is the Suez Canal one of those places where they have dedicated captains that take over from the usual guy to navigate it or is it pretty much a free for all

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Mr. Sharps posted:

is the Suez Canal one of those places where they have dedicated captains that take over from the usual guy to navigate it or is it pretty much a free for all

They have those guys, but they're all incompetent sons of Egyptian politicians. It sounds like they basically board the ship, steal all the cigarettes from the bridge, and let the captain steer it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

they should get two hundred helicopters together to lift it up like one inch and that’ll probably be enough to free it

Oh my god so many people would die if you tried to get 200 helicopters to do anything lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

indigi posted:

they should get two hundred helicopters together to lift it up like one inch and that’ll probably be enough to free it

you know what, contract that poo poo out to Dahir Insaat, this is like the project of their dreams for their goofy quadcopters

it has the immensity and scale to really sell how cool a quadcopter is

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I've done zero math on this but I feel like there's no way 200 helicopters could lift that thing a millimeter

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

I've done zero math on this but I feel like there's no way 200 helicopters could lift that thing a millimeter

oh yeah, let's lift the Empire State Building that's entirely steel with 200 helicopters

I see 200 crashed helicopters and a shitload of dead

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

indigi posted:

Build a helicopter as big as 200 helicopters. The US doesn't do anything useful with their military budget anyway.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A 200,000 tonne problem is so mind-blowingly huge. If every person in my city could somehow maneuver into place, there's no may they could move this thing.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Ooh the boats so big, the boats so big and it's so stuck. Get real. It drove its way in there and it will drive its way out, as soon as the crew gets their heads on straight.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

smarxist posted:

Oh my god so many people would die if you tried to get 200 helicopters to do anything lol

its worth a shot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
someone fly the printer goon out there ASAP

he'll take care of this and we'll all bow down and drink port

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

if this was a thing that could have happened, and apparently it was, how hasn’t it happened before now?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DarkEuphoria posted:

if this was a thing that could have happened, and apparently it was, how hasn’t it happened before now?

newer, bigger ships and dumber captains who can't calculate the force of a crosswind

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

newer, bigger ships and dumber captains who can't calculate the force of a crosswind

hey, think about the current now and how the ship is holding up despite all that water flowing past it

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
we better get a chernobyl style show after this

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

PantsandCola posted:

we better get a chernobyl style show after this

two years from now, content no longer exists

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Happy 3 day anniversary https://istheshipstillstuck.com/

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im going to gently caress the boat

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Which goon is captain of the Ever Given

https://mobile.twitter.com/VesselFinder/status/1374716424522977286

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
How to unblock huge ships

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Chamale posted:

A 200,000 tonne problem is so mind-blowingly huge. If every person in my city could somehow maneuver into place, there's no may they could move this thing.

project orion wanted to put more than 200,000 tonnes into orbit. we just need to build a steel pusher plate under the ship, install a nuke launcher inside the ship, and we can launch the whole ship free of the canal. then splash it down in its destination port in like 20 minutes, tops.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
turn the ship into a city; container homes and pop-up restaurants/bars. Economy is based on selling the poo poo in the containers.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Mola Yam posted:

turn the ship into a city; container homes and pop-up restaurants/bars. Economy is based on selling the poo poo in the containers.

we can call it sand world

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

rabble rabble posted:

i got high and recorede a theme song for the thread how do i post it

Vocaroo

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

still waiting for the tug

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
have they tried lube?

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

dick-bottle situation

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

too big, won't fit

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol what a dumbass boat

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
drat and now a traincrash in egypt

not a good week for their transportation infrastructure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

do you think this ever happened back in ancient egypt

imagine being so lovely steering your boat through there that you embarrass yourself across literal ages