Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

If only Elon could invent a way to give these guys swirlies from across the internet

That's the experience of using PayPal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Minecraft youtuber and fans being real winners

Buying indulgences is back baby!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
once they are at "if you're offended gently caress off" they are so far lost we might as well not pay any attention to them

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1375214332028444674?s=20

For those who don't keep up with it, Babylon Bee is a right-wing christian satire site which sucks. It was founded by the same guy who brought you lovely comics like:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Zesty posted:

For those who don't keep up with it, Babylon Bee is a right-wing christian satire site which sucks. It was founded by the same guy who brought you lovely comics like:

I feel like I havent seen adam4d for so long...I always think hes the TheOatmeal guy gone off the deep end

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

No idea who that is.

She was the painter with the tiny glabella who was hot to trotsky.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bismuth posted:

I feel like I havent seen adam4d for so long...I always think hes the TheOatmeal guy gone off the deep end
holy poo poo I genuinely did not know adam4d founded Babylon Bee, did he hire someone else early on to do the occasionally actually-funny one that is now fired or what

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zesty posted:

Also that's the reply Elon posts every time they mention him in an article.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

It must be nice being able to know only one joke and make a living.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Arivia posted:

the op says to discuss idiocy on social media, not to get into slapfights about stuff you half remember from elsewhere on the forums

shut the gently caress up, Arivia

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

El Fideo posted:

Couldn't quite get the haiku to work, huh?

Had to give it a shot:

Feminism-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobe

FART will not catch on
That's what we call old people
Just use the word TERF

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Allowing everyone to vote easily? Oh you better believe that's voter suppression

https://twitter.com/HoltonMusicMan/status/1375316010555826180

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

gbut posted:

Had to give it a shot:

Feminism-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobe

FART will not catch on
That's what we call old people
Just use the word TERF

Ill be honest. There were old Nerf commercials where the tag line was "Its Nerf or Nothin" that ive been trying to work into a joke but it always just falls flat.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Allowing everyone to vote easily? Oh you better believe that's voter suppression

all vote by mail has some sort of signature?????

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

all vote by mail has some sort of signature?????

Hard to say when there's 50 sets of rules

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Isn’t this the dude who opened up his gym during the pandemic and addressed the crowd with a megaphone with some Nazi stickers on it?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Mak0rz posted:

He took a lot of words to say "I don't know what 'suppression' means".

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If his galaxy brain gets any bigger it's going to block out the sun.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > Idiots on Social Media: I literally have native american in my blood

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Hard to say when there's 50 sets of rules

Yeah that whole States rights argument failed when mr "suspend habeas corpus" Lincoln attacked the south.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1375584214792421376

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Trying to bully us into buying lovely American cars is one thing, but turning down the good stuff for inferior American meth? Oh no, sir, that's a bridge too far.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Look Montana, if you've got anything aside from 200-year-old Lewis & Clark tourism memorabilia to sell us you better speak up

... no not like that

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Trying to bully us into buying lovely American cars is one thing, but turning down the good stuff for inferior American meth? Oh no, sir, that's a bridge too far.

...but it's because they outsourced to Mexico for cheap labor that all the Mom and Pop meth farms closed down. Know your history.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That one dude in the back wants to laugh real hard

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004

Sounds like Mexico has all the good poo poo.
Montana meth labs better step their game up.
Steve should subsidize the local industry.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It sounded like he was trying to say how much better the quality of Montana meth is, but flubbed it up.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Lindsay Ellis nuked her account after posting this dumb and racist tweet.

Like it really feels like the sort of stupid tweet she'd make a video about. C'mon.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I'm not sure how the Tweet is racist, but it is very dumb, because Raya isn't a whole lot like Avatar at all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Which internet personality I don't pay attention to is Lindsay Ellis again?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm not sure how the Tweet is racist, but it is very dumb, because Raya isn't a whole lot like Avatar at all.

Avatar, made by white people, is not the originator of its genre and tropes. It'd be kind of like complaining about subsequent martial arts movies ripping off Kill Bill.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

One of those people who does video essays of movies that are almost as long as the movie itself

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I know her as the heavily overproduced one who youtube kept recommending after I ran out of Jenny Nicholson.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Avatar, made by white people, is not the originator of its genre and tropes. It'd be kind of like complaining about subsequent martial arts movies ripping off Kill Bill.
Oh, okay. I just figured she just said that because "follow the leader" is not exactly an uncommon strategy in the entertainment industry, and Avatar is one of those IPs that became incredibly big incredibly quickly.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

It's another one of those things where a couple people have a stupid argument on twitter, maybe one of them is somewhat famous, one clickbait website writes a clickbait article on it, other clickbait websites follow suit, it gets blown way out of proportion and is forgotten about in two days, right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like this drama is one you only understand if your deeply in this weird little rabbit hole.

Because I have watched some of her videos and have no idea why this is something to care about

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Taeke posted:

It's another one of those things where a couple people have a stupid argument on twitter, maybe one of them is somewhat famous, one clickbait website writes a clickbait article on it, other clickbait websites follow suit, it gets blown way out of proportion and is forgotten about in two days, right?

probably. Like it's a stupid take from someone who should know better, and, look I"m a white dude so probably not the best judge of how racist it is, but it at least raises some eyebrows. Two seconds of admitting your ignorance on the topic and moving on, would have probably quieted things down, but she went and nuked her account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
Yeah I'm really not understanding how that is racist. I barely even understand what she's trying to make commentary on.