Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Has Gambit even been in anything recently? Game or otherwise, miss the dude tbh.

Ultimate Alliance 3 was the most recent I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The queens gambit

Edit:
https://twitter.com/glaubits/status/1358800252128669696?s=19

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Oh yeah, Shandalar. I remember reading an article series on one of the MtG sites that redesigned the monster decks in the game. I dug up links to all the articles:

Green Decks
Red Decks
Black Decks
Blue Decks
White Decks
Allied Multicolor Decks

I thought these were neat enough that I made a mod that actually put the decks in the game. I remember it definitely being a more challenging experience, when the monsters didn't constantly play the absolute dregs of 4th Edition. The AI is still remains handless, it doesn't understand decking, it's completely blind to Mishra's Factory and casts Terror at its own creatures, but you can't fix everything.

I might find still have the files somewhere if anyone is interested. The game is a dang ordeal to get to run on modern Windows though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

still dont care for the fakeass dithering on this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
This weekend is going to be a very videogame weekend - monster hunter rise and Yakuza 6 AND a new binding of isaac next week!

I don't think I've bought any games since ff7 remake so get them flood gates opened!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
poo poo i knew there was something else : disco Elysium the final cut!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This absolutely does not sync up and I am extremely disappointed

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Those who are enjoying Monster Hunter Rise today I hope it exceeds your joy and happiness! :D

I am excited to get back to DS2. I have been thinking over how to run through the shrine of amana. From what I have seen (and what people on stream have said) I am going to be faced with spells coming at my wazoo the whole time, there are bottomless water pits, there are hidden fishmen and light angers them so I will have to be in the dark more.

My current strat, that I have spent the last two days formulating is: Bwah.

:hai:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks Amana

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Sounds legit

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

VideoGames posted:

Those who are enjoying Monster Hunter Rise today I hope it exceeds your joy and happiness! :D

I am excited to get back to DS2. I have been thinking over how to run through the shrine of amana. From what I have seen (and what people on stream have said) I am going to be faced with spells coming at my wazoo the whole time, there are bottomless water pits, there are hidden fishmen and light angers them so I will have to be in the dark more.

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDIaMcSKOuo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
when you play through shrine of amana, just remember that at launch it was much worse

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
People keep saying this and I have not gotten far enough to really see how bad it is right now, but I will magnify my thoughts about it a hundred fold once I get through it, and then feel bad for those who had to deal.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It was kind of crazy. You were under constant fire all the time, with hails homing magic attacks just appearing out of the distance and chasing you down from so far away, you couldn't even tell where the caster was.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I legit just want a new Shandalar... an RPG where the battles are Magic matches. Like the Witcher with the Gwent Replacement Mod but with a good card game

I also want this

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

VideoGames posted:

People keep saying this and I have not gotten far enough to really see how bad it is right now, but I will magnify my thoughts about it a hundred fold once I get through it, and then feel bad for those who had to deal.

such is my gamer power that I cleared the launch shine of amana with ease. current amana is like visiting an old foe to find them armed with a plowshare and a happy family

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't know how much you mind general advice, but Dark Souls 2 is a game that, throughout, heavily rewards you having a bow and keeping it upgraded

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Or spells

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

"the boys” (ShallNoiseUpon, FlowerRhythmREMIX, and Relax or Die)

Lads on Tour! Lads on Tour!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Help, I played my first game of dota in almost two years and I really enjoyed it. This could be dangerous haha

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bovis posted:

Help, I played my first game of dota in almost two years and I really enjoyed it. This could be dangerous haha

Friends don't let friends play Dota :hai:

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Does this mean you're my friend Rarity? :D

Probably helped that I won the game. If I had lost it would probably be a different story.

Definitely not going to get addicted like I used to be though. Too many other good games to play!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bovis posted:

Does this mean you're my friend Rarity? :D

If you don't play Dota then yes I'll be your friend :hai:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bovis posted:

Definitely not going to get addicted like I used to be though. Too many other good games to play!!!

The main reason not to play dota tbh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

bovis posted:

:sickos:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’ta

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The DOTA mod has logged on...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Looked at the changes they are making for returning players and thought to myself :

"maybe I should reinstall Dota..."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Friends don't let friends play Dota :hai:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLlBmY31w4

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seriously, where is Pokemon the Trading Card Game 3? Yu-gi-oh released an absolute master class in card battling last year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was not able to finish my replay of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate before Monsetr Hunter Rise came out.

Those level 9 quests are really hard guys.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gripweed posted:

I was not able to finish my replay of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate before Monsetr Hunter Rise came out.

Those level 9 quests are really hard guys.

I finally beat Nergigante in MHW and am taking that as a happy ending to the story.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

stev posted:

I finally beat Nergigante in MHW and am taking that as a happy ending to the story.

iirc level 9 is the last level before you unlock the Valstrax fight. And after you beat the Valstrax you get the big dance scene and ending credits, so I count that as the end even if there is a bunch of post-game content

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This Monster Hunter chat reminds me Dauntless went from a game I enjoyed and preferred over Monster Hunter to just unplayable to me after their big content update and RIP a genre for me again.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If Cyberpunk had Netrunner the card game as a minigame I would have forgiven literally everything else it does wrong

Honestly, same.

Started up MHR, and I’m feeling very good with all my new pals

https://twitter.com/flowerrhythmrmx/status/1375424943643500549?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ninja Gaiden II: the Amazon is raining blood and it's one of the coolest visuals I've ever seen in video games :stwoon:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't know how much you mind general advice, but Dark Souls 2 is a game that, throughout, heavily rewards you having a bow and keeping it upgraded

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the ability to aim spells in first person in Dark Souls 3. That was a nice upgrade, and it's not like it made bows any worse by comparison.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I have not played ds3 yet but that is extremely hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Did they? I could swear I've used that ability in Dark Souls 3. It makes the giant soul laser basically into a sniper weapon, if I don't misremember.