Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Google, how many pints can your bladder hold?

quote:

A normal bladder empties 4 – 7 times each day depending on how much you drink and holds up to three-quarters of a pint. It usually starts to tell you that you will need to go to the toilet when half this amount is in your bladder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

pretty misogynist but okay

I literally do all the washing at gin towers :colbert: (she folds and puts it away)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

thirty pints, god drat. look at that old guy, he's the picture of health

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

feedmegin posted:

I literally do all the washing at gin towers :colbert: (she folds and puts it away)

*changing talking points on a dime* typical chauvenist, doing the perceived 'hard' part to seem self-sacrificial.

IllusionistTrixie posted:

okay I'm calling bullshit here I've been able to piss way more than that and I'm by no means unique

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i miss when every pub had a man like that who would make mostly incomprehensible chit-chat to anyone at the bar, something about dee harses, usually

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean ngl that's near identical to how my Welsh grandpa looked

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I feel like everyone who's ever had a local recognises that man

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
hes one of the fitter looking lads in my pub footie team

about 35 probably

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

He goes right alongside the other old one at the bar who, if even half the stories about him are true, he's the hardest man you know. The sort of guy who's only getting off that barstool if he's about to do something that'll going back to the jail the next day.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

quote:
A normal bladder empties 4 – 7 times each day depending on how much you drink and holds up to three-quarters of a pint. It usually starts to tell you that you will need to go to the toilet when half this amount is in your bladder.

Chuffin' heck, I'd burst! I go about 19 times a day (my grandma counted me when I was staying with her once when I was about 15).
I don't even drink a huge amount, maybe 1.5 litres a day including 3-4 coffees and a few glasses of water.

(Another reason why if bog roll gets rationed to 2 a week as per previous discussion in earlier iteration of this thread would be a disaster in my life!)

That guy in those photos higher up who drinks 30 pints a day looks like Churchill.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jakabite posted:

I feel like everyone who's ever had a local recognises that man

And I bet you he wouldn't even pay for a quarter of them.
They have the tactics down too. Sit beside someone whose supping, talk to them as if they are best friends, and when they order the next pint for themselves go 'and the usual' to the barman.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wow what a fu cking chad

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speibecken

problem. solved.

Edit:

Guys, check out my Kotzbecken

:smug:

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 26, 2021

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

They were waiting for him under the dirt anyway.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
anyone know if seaside loafer is alright?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't think this takes into account the effect known as breaking the seal, after which pints go directly from mouth to bladder whilst in a pub

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

*changing talking points on a dime* typical chauvenist, doing the perceived 'hard' part to seem self-sacrificial.

Skarsnik posted:

I don't think this takes into account the effect known as breaking the seal, after which pints go directly from mouth to bladder whilst in a pub
Some of Dublin's great pintmen have been known to store pee in the balls.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Rowan Atkinson?!

Relevant:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Not relevant:

I know we've got a couple of posters ITT who live near the England/Wales border, I've got a question about lockdown rules that I can't find the answer to:

I know that we don't have to stay local in Wales anymore from this weekend, and that the same applies to England from next week, but that we're not letting the English in for another fortnight; I can't find any info about whether Wales residents are allowed to cross over into England though (tonnes of info online about the converse, but nobody wants to go to England lol). Anyone got any idea?

e: vvvv ty

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 26, 2021

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Can't leave wales without a reasonable excuse

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Skarsnik posted:

You can use a catheter and leg bag which will provide an additional pint and a half of capacity.

Or a bucket on the floor if you're really hard core.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Skarsnik posted:

It's Wales?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Woke up to see "The Brits" trending on twitter , and apparently "Irish Joe" Biden gave his first presser and slagged off Britane for causing the Famine and making his family emigrate to America. Lmao

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Skarsnik posted:

take a pint of milk with you

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

wb posted:

anyone know if seaside loafer is alright?

I haven't heard from him in a while, last I was aware he was finding it quite hard to type.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

Woke up to see "The Brits" trending on twitter , and apparently "Irish Joe" Biden gave his first presser and slagged off Britane for causing the Famine and making his family emigrate to America. Lmao

Pfft, he should be thankful. Now he's the leader of the free world, if his family had stayed in Ireland well then:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Tesseraction posted:

okay I'm calling bullshit here I've been able to piss way more than that and I'm by no means unique

during the apollo program, scientists analysed how much piss you could fit in an astronaut by getting a bunch of astronaut candidates to hold their piss as long as they could, for america

the former naval pilots scored the best, up over a litre as memory serves

I mean personally I'm no astronaut but I have filled a pint glass before apologies to the bar staff

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I was catheterised for Some Considerable Time after surgery, and when they took it out and I had my first genuine piss in weeks they kept a second pisspot on hand as I seemed likely to fill the first. Those had a 1 litre capacity, as I recall.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Jedit posted:

I was catheterised for Some Considerable Time after surgery, and when they took it out and I had my first genuine piss in weeks they kept a second pisspot on hand as I seemed likely to fill the first. Those had a 1 litre capacity, as I recall.

Same here. The nurse was eyeing up the handwashing sink.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
An anaesthetist friend of mine told me that when you're absolutely bursting at the seams desperate for a wee your bladder is actually about a third full. That was probably bollocks though.

Also that by far the most pathetically, sobbingly grateful patients he ever encounters are when he helps people who haven't been able to pee.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

Quoting myself from the Idiots on Social Media thread:

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

peanut- posted:

Also that by far the most pathetically, sobbingly grateful patients he ever encounters are when he helps people who haven't been able to pee.

Rossini stopped composing major works when he was 32, and beset by urethral strictures as a result of the clap. He grew to love his catheter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1375344856831254531

All your workers are just out of frame, begging you to prop up the commercial letting market, too.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

lol isn’t it likely to be the exact opposite? Any company not allowing flexible working from now on is likely to struggle to compete for staff with those that do.

I know that’s one reason my company are sticking with it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't imagine that having set up the WFH infrastructure and method of working, that there are going to be a lot of companies desperate to rip it all out again.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

OwlFancier posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1375344856831254531

All your workers are just out of frame, begging you to prop up the commercial letting market, too.

I know a few of my co-workers want to go back to the office because they miss the... I guess social aspect of it? I don't mean hanging out with friends but literally being in the same room as people you're working with.

Which, you know, sounds great, until you think 75% of my team works in India.

I'm planning on never going back into the office personally.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Of the seven people made redundant as part of the same group as me last year, five of us have found jobs over 150 miles from where we live. Going "back to the office" isn't on the cards for a lot of people.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

lol isn’t it likely to be the exact opposite? Any company not allowing flexible working from now on is likely to struggle to compete for staff with those that do.

I know that’s one reason my company are sticking with it.

That and the fact that companies now know that they can significantly reduce their rented office footprint without damaging productivity. Rishi's battling the tide here tbh.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I want to go back to the office, I'm going stir crazy at home. Never five days a week if I can avoid though. I think that's in line with most people.

The CEO of the company my brother-in-law works for is strongly against working from home and wants everyone back in as soon as it's viable. He says they're already losing out on probably 50% of the candidates they want to recruit purely because of that attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I’m probably going to end up going into the office at most one or two days a week when it’s safe to, it’s so much nicer not having to spend two hours commuting each day.

Oddly for a software company they’ve generally been against much working from home because the boss thinks people will use it as an excuse to doss off, but the last year has changed that and the fact that the company can expand without having to constantly find new offices is a huge plus.