Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
An Australian rear end washing company called bidet mate

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’ve been using a bidet for years, even before the pandemic happened I got one because Japanese newlyweds were coming to my home because they wanted to know what an Oscars party in the US was like and I didn’t want to force them to use a primitive caveman toilet

My rear end fell in love, whenever I use the toilet it feels like I just went to a spa.

I have two toilets, and only one of them has a bidet and I never used the other toilet for an entire year until one day my roommate was in the bidet-equipped bathroom and I had to use the toilet without a bidet. I’ve never felt more betrayed by my own rear end

What I’m saying is get a bidet it’s great

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Bidets rule but if your intestines are Jackson Pollock incarnate make sure you're really getting in there when you clean the toilet.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

I’ve been using a bidet for years, even before the pandemic happened I got one because Japanese newlyweds were coming to my home because they wanted to know what an Oscars party in the US was like and I didn’t want to force them to use a primitive caveman toilet

My rear end fell in love, whenever I use the toilet it feels like I just went to a spa.

I have two toilets, and only one of them has a bidet and I never used the other toilet for an entire year until one day my roommate was in the bidet-equipped bathroom and I had to use the toilet without a bidet. I’ve never felt more betrayed by my own rear end

What I’m saying is get a bidet it’s great

Was that Oscars party "Hot"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Happy Thread posted:

Another apartment we had came with bidet spray nozzles that rested on the toilet tank and could be detached. I tried that thing once and it only had one setting, "destroy the nearest wall and flood the entire room". I think I shot it into the bowl once and observed the magnitude of overspray before I realized I am definitely not trying to clean anything with that.

I'd love to have these things as an option but I just don't understand it yet, none of their various designs.

You know you can just get a splitter for the toilet connection and connect a regular shower hose to it, right?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shipon posted:

Was that Oscars party "Hot"

Enjoying your butt blasted by liquid is not some dirty sex thing, garsh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1375357452611420163

things are... bad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
maybe they should lockdown and close er up? just a thought. im sure these leaders are democratically elected for their intellectual and scientific prowess to best serve and protect the people so thats why im not in charge afterall.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Golden Bee posted:

Aussies are terrible at pronouncing French so they would pronounce it like bidette.

There's a suburb near here called Reservoir and they say it like reserv-or.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

VideoTapir posted:

You know you can just get a splitter for the toilet connection and connect a regular shower hose to it, right?

Yeah this was basically like that. Picture a handheld kitchen sink sprayer, where you press the lever. But mounted on the toilet tank, on a hanger, instead.

https://bidetking.com/collections/hand-held-bidets

A splitter was getting the water from the pipe. The main difference was total lack of pressure limit. Scary. I picked it up and aimed it at the bowl and not a drop of water stayed in. Just one quick press and you're open Biden

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

AstraZeneca lied and immeasurably damaged their reputation... to claim a tiny 3% higher efficacy rating?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...ciXRRZV1LYpNVjw

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yes.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Aussies are terrible at pronouncing French so they would pronounce it like bidette.

There's a suburb near here called Reservoir and they say it like reserv-or.

lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gio posted:

https://twitter.com/aslavitt/status/1374823345783463942?s=21

before biden won this hack was daily complaining about trumps covid response. now he cheerleads biden creating a fourth wave of infections.

White house senior advisor for COVID response. (Safely)

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
no fur tax yet? disgusting.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Counting down the days until my next dose. Just over two weeks from now. Really need this lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Home Depot has cheap legit N95s again, even cheaper than getting KF94s at this point

At least in Los Angeles

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

reminds me of this gem:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I like the space we are in now where people make you feel like a dummy for waiting for your turn to get juiced up and then other people chastise you for doing the same thing because nobody knows anyone else's true circumstances so it's just a field day of wild judgments.

since last march i avoid people to prevent getting coivd. but now i especially avoid people to prevent getting any of their stupid ideas

i will stop being a hermit once case numbers are zero, or everyone is dead

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Home Depot has cheap legit N95s again, even cheaper than getting KF94s at this point

At least in Los Angeles

why do they say “not for medical use?”

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Gio posted:

why do they say “not for medical use?”

It was explained to me that "medical grade" mostly has to do with how splash proof they are. If those get something splattered on them they won't protect you very well.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gio posted:

https://twitter.com/aslavitt/status/1374823345783463942?s=21

before biden won this hack was daily complaining about trumps covid response. now he cheerleads biden creating a fourth wave of infections.

lmao billions "committed" not even spent but schools are open now. earmarks = antivirals, obviously

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

I do like how Trump normalized politicians openly cursing in public

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
there are 3.5 million elementary and secondary school teachers in the US, not even including all staff

1.3 million teachers and staff after 3 months of top priority is an appalling failure

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
like, I legit thought we were doing much better with teachers and this fuckin guy is bragging about it lmao that's an early morning crack ping

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Happy Thread posted:

I was in China with severe diarrhea from the local food and my friend's house only had a bidet. I had never used one but it seemed easy enough. But it was evidently not designed for the extremely common edge case of liquid poo poo. I looked down at it after using, and the whole thing had coated itself in poo poo colored water. A dark layer all over every curve besides the very top surface. Had to clean the gently caress out of the whole machine to make it not obvious to the next bathroom user.

I think this would happen to me far too often. This is what I currently use: Pristine Sprays. I find their unscented version does still have a smell to it that I don't like, but I'm still working my way through my initial purchase so I haven't tried any of their other stuff. 1-2 sprays dampens the tp enough without making it fragile enough to rip.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

fosborb posted:

like, I legit thought we were doing much better with teachers

...Why would you think that? :thunk:

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

jabbin'

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Horseshoe theory posted:

...Why would you think that? :thunk:

willful ignorance! :v:

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

fosborb posted:

willful ignorance! :v:

not every state had teachers at top priority, which is even more bonkers

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
truthfully, I thought we would be at ~50% teachers and staff, as that's what general polling is telling us who actually wants a jab, and they've been prioritized* since January

there are over 9 million people employed by schools in the US

they are endzone dancing at their own 13

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Shout-out to our resident Black Betty Bamlanivimab developer:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/25/health/variants-eli-lilly-antibody-therapy-distribution-stops/index.html posted:

US government stops distribution of Eli Lilly Covid-19 antibody treatment due to spread of coronavirus variants

(CNN)The US government in coordination with Eli Lilly said it will no longer distribute the Covid-19 monoclonal antibody therapy bamlanivimab for use on its own. The halt is due to the "sustained increase" in coronavirus variants in the United States.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fosborb posted:

there are 3.5 million elementary and secondary school teachers in the US, not even including all staff

1.3 million teachers and staff after 3 months of top priority is an appalling failure

lol they haven't been too priority for three months. most states weren't allowing them to get it because making GBS threads on public school teachers and trying to break the union is a national pass time for state and local officials.

It took the current admin coming in and bypassing states by saying that all teachers would be eligible to get vaccines at federally selected/run sites as part of Plan OpenerUP to change that. that only happened three weeks ago but as soon as that announcement came state officials suddenly changed eligibility to include feathers in 1a or 1b depending on what they were currently on so they could take credit for vaccinating teachers.

fun side happening from the federal sites: conservative states have used the federal distribution plans as an excuse to divert vaccines away from urban areas. here in Texas Austin had its vaccine allotment dropped by the amount that the feds were sending in.

Shifty Pony has issued a correction as of 14:07 on Mar 26, 2021

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
truly the mbmbam of monoclonal antibody therapies

also guy I'm sorry I said you personally saved trump. that was remdesivir and was deeply wrong of me

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
An interesting article here, not so much for the conclusions as such, but their speculation in the article about the (highlighted) implication:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01296-8 posted:

SARS-CoV-2 infection of the oral cavity and saliva

Abstract
Despite signs of infection—including taste loss, dry mouth and mucosal lesions such as ulcerations, enanthema and macules—the involvement of the oral cavity in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is poorly understood. To address this, we generated and analyzed two single-cell RNA sequencing datasets of the human minor salivary glands and gingiva (9 samples, 13,824 cells), identifying 50 cell clusters. Using integrated cell normalization and annotation, we classified 34 unique cell subpopulations between glands and gingiva. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) viral entry factors such as ACE2 and TMPRSS members were broadly enriched in epithelial cells of the glands and oral mucosae. Using orthogonal RNA and protein expression assessments, we confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in the glands and mucosae. Saliva from SARS-CoV-2-infected individuals harbored epithelial cells exhibiting ACE2 and TMPRSS expression and sustained SARS-CoV-2 infection. Acellular and cellular salivary fractions from asymptomatic individuals were found to transmit SARS-CoV-2 ex vivo. Matched nasopharyngeal and saliva samples displayed distinct viral shedding dynamics, and salivary viral burden correlated with COVID-19 symptoms, including taste loss. Upon recovery, this asymptomatic cohort exhibited sustained salivary IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. Collectively, these data show that the oral cavity is an important site for SARS-CoV-2 infection and implicate saliva as a potential route of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
(..)
Discussion
(..)
Our findings highlight how simultaneous testing of oral and NP sites might be required to fully understand SARS-CoV-2 spread. Moreover, our findings might partially explain some false-negative tests using only NP or saliva testing. However, these results raise new questions about COVID-19 pathogenesis, including 1) whether this is primarily a ‘nasal-first’ infection that spreads to the oral cavity, 2) the possibility of an ‘oral-first’ infection via droplet/aerosol inoculation or fomite ingestion, and/or 3) whether the pattern of infection affects disease severity and host immunological responses. To test whether oral transmission can precede nasal infection and/or occur in the absence of nasal infection, it will be necessary to design studies that include daily surveillance using NP and salivary tests in an at-risk cohort.
(..)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Shifty Pony posted:

that only happened three weeks ago but as soon as that announcement came state officials suddenly changed eligibility so they could take credit for vaccinating teachers.

holy poo poo that's insane. my state prioritized them as part of forcing everyone to have in school classes, also insane!

quote:

fun side happening from the federal sites: conservative states have used the federal distribution plans as an excuse to divert vaccines away from urban areas. here in Texas Austin had its vaccine allotment dropped by the amount that the feds were sending in.

jfc no wonder texas is 44th

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I got my first shot and in between the first and second shots they opened up schools fully. And I'm in a fairly lucky position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Steve Yun posted:

At least in Los Angeles

I got a box of makrites from somebody who works in medical because it’s now not on the approved list for n95s to be used in medical setting, the government revised a list or something like that. they’re just as good but they can’t use them now. they were bought about a year ago.