Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Octatonic posted:

Some fuckers posted too much about Drakengard ITT and now this happened. I haven't done a mashup in about a trillion years!

https://soundcloud.com/octdenver/growing-wings-of-the-world

That is a really solid mashup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

braybray
Feb 28, 2021
I've been thinking so much about Lob Corp that I'm having dreams and nightmares about it, so thanks TeeQueue.

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
Neither Angela nor Angela did anything wrong. They are both perfect. This is a mashup I can agree with.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

braybray posted:

I've been thinking so much about Lob Corp that I'm having dreams and nightmares about it, so thanks TeeQueue.

An accurate replication of the experience of playing the game, then.

braybray
Feb 28, 2021

Narsham posted:

An accurate replication of the experience of playing the game, then.

I purchased and played the game for a few days back, actually. But TeeQueue got me to buy the game, and it is just amazing and creepy.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

braybray posted:

:lobcorp:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

braybray posted:

This is exactly me, and a lot of them in my case tend to revolve around a certain Doctor.

This is probably not a problem. Probably.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

the Orb of Zot posted:

This is exactly me, and a lot of them in my case tend to revolve around a certain Doctor.

Of course it's not a problem!

It means that you are one of those chosen to be blessed. Rejoice in your ascension.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Octatonic posted:

Some fuckers posted too much about Drakengard ITT and now this happened. I haven't done a mashup in about a trillion years!

https://soundcloud.com/octdenver/growing-wings-of-the-world

I cannot overstate how well this mashup works. :allears:

The only song I ever remember from Drakengard is that last one from 3, but the games really have a great soundtrack.

braybray posted:

You’re welcome! :buddy:

But seriously I hope they’re not interrupting your sleep too much, and best of luck playing through yourself.

the Orb of Zot posted:

In LobCorp, any time you say this it is almost definitely a problem. :shepface:

braybray
Feb 28, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

You’re welcome! :buddy:

But seriously I hope they’re not interrupting your sleep too much, and best of luck playing through yourself.

Oh I'm fine, thank you. I just wanted to share how important this thread and the game have become. I picked up one of the new Abnormalities we will be seeing next time, and I made a meme about some of my friends using the EGO weapon it gives.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Arcvasti posted:

There might also just be some explorations into the Ruins, which the Rabbits mention has spooky things comparable to Alephs in it.

the violet ordeals are literally the echoes of stuff found in the Ruins, so there is deffo some spooky poo poo down there

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

I'm not remembering this being brought up in this thread. Spoilers for Ruina?

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Probably a dev statement?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Wasn't it mentioned when the nature of the Ordeals was being explained? That they were "drawn in" by the lab somehow?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I think it's just an assumption/speculation? I've never heard of it either so I just let it sit. :v:

I do know the rabbits will compare ALEPHs to things from the ruins... /adds their dialogue to 'list of things to someday cover.

god the end is only the beginning with this game I still have so much to :words: on.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 46: Story

Music: City of Light

This time, the room wavers for a moment as it comes into focus to reveal...

A perfectly ordinary office. :geno:

I sent you a letter one day. That old, strange letter, that had the same name for sender and recipient. It told you that we would meet soon.

……..

I hope this environment satisfies you. I tried my best to recreate our office. You need at least one place in life to feel comfortable, don’t you? However, I speculate you feel that this place is a bit more… serene, than you might remember, so to say. There are many reasons for that.

I know this can't be how they meant it, but I choose to believe A is calling X an idiot. :colbert:

We weren’t particularly fond of untidiness. But there she was, always making a mess out of an organized room. There were times when we were used to such messiness, giving up on cleaning the room… Sadly, our hearts couldn’t bear to recreate such a moment. I am sure that now you know…

This office is born from your heart, siphoned up from your deepest subconsciousness. Yes, many parts of this facility were extracted and created from our minds. How did you think building such enormous underground structures in such a short period of time was possible? We needed multiple extractions until we finally solidified amorphous images into something tangible.

Yes, there truly were countless repeats.

This eternity is fascinating. All humans are given only one life to live. The future comes to us like the relentless waves of the sea. We cannot go against them. We are merely pushed back.

This tech was used for trivial things, such as granting an infinite moment of death to a condemned man. Or to show to those whose days are numbered their happiest moments. However, when combined with our energy tech, this small technology could bloom into something bigger. We invested in them without hesitation, even though they required a massive amount of funding and energy. That’s how TimeTrack’s second invention came to life.

Unfortunately, breaking an absolute law of nature cost us a lot. Although we could rewind time infinitely, it always left some form of distortion. Perhaps because this technology still has not been perfected. No man could keep their sanity intact in this place.

Of course, it wouldn’t have been possible if not for Angela. But it is a herculean achievement that you went through that journey. Please, let your body and mind rest, if just for a brief moment. You must be exhausted. The path after this will be brutal. Extremely brutal.

They will not let you pass as simply as I do. If by any chance, you think you’re not ready yet, it is okay to go back to the first act. If you’ve made it here once after such a long and hard time… You will surely come here again, no matter how long it takes. We literally have all the time in the world. There is no need to hurry. Just keep in mind that the situation will be much different if you move forward from here.

And I am sure you already know this: You can reverse time…

In summary: The tenth Sephirah is A, who shows us our old office before explaining a handful of things. The letter we got before came from him, and the reason this place has been able to build out so quickly is because portions of it have been extracted from our thoughts. He also mentions that we've been at this for around 10 years in real-time, but closer to 10,000 years in facility-time. He advises us to rest before the brutality begins, and leaves us with a warning and a reassurance-we can't reverse a tale, but we still have all the time in the world so there's no reason to continue if we don't feel ready.

Well, that's given me a lot to think about. Now then, why don't you get to telling me what happened to the others?

Shouldn't you know already? During a Core Suppression, Angela and all Sephirot are cut off from communicating with the Manager.

But we're not in the middle of…

Aren't we? We stand here in Kether, the crown of pure consciousness. A place of united will, source of absolute compassion. Simply by there being two different wills in this place, the Qlipha has been made manifest. Just as before, a suppression is required in order to fulfill this place's purpose.

…huh?

I haven't said anything complicated.

Ooo… kay. That would explain why I definitely, easily, completely understood that.

Given that, maybe we should cover how there are two of us. Are you…?

A robot? No, not at all. I am not precisely a creature of flesh like yourself, but neither am I a machine like the others.

Then how are you here?

Come now… We can extract Abnormalities from persons, form facilities from thoughts, rewind time infinitely, and watch a man die before reinstating him from his hire date the next morning. Why would something like this seem odd?

Okay, fair, but… what are you?

Given the distress the sight of me is causing you, I suppose you could call me a… cogitohazard.

...huh?

That was a joke. Cogitohazard. You see?

I don't get it.

Well, it was hilarious. Normally, we would have laughed. :sigh: I knew some degradation was inevitable, but this is beyond my expectations…

What was that?

Oh, it's nothing. Now, come. It's time to see if you can claim a place here, at the end of this story.

...huh?

:sigh: Try to manage the Abnormalities, just like always. Can you do that?

Oh. Yeah, sure, let's get to it.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation:

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.

Hmm... Something seems to be missing...

Ah, there we are. Just had to get the old plaque up.

Crepuscule Adepte fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 26, 2021

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

TeeQueue posted:

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation:

And now we're finally finished with the game's tutorial.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The fact that A's office has a crt monitor in it despite the world being SuperTech always manages to crack me up :allears:

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
Just a little something to keep in mind as we go forwards. This is a day that ends in 6, therefore the memory repository day.

There can be no Core suppression on a memory repository day.

A? isn’t lying to us here, what’s about to happen IS him going easy on us.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

It's been a long road to get here, huh.
It's nice players can have a relatively quiet day right before this to work with; building up agents, gathering some last minute gear and all that.
S'also nice the game gives players a big warning, though I think by this point folks would be committed to going forward regardless.
Can get attached to yer various weirdo agents running around the place, and going back to get a fresh batch wouldn't feel quite the same.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So apparently the entire facility was built by using the Well for construction materials

Is this facility technically an Abnormality?

EDIT: also of course A has “dad joke” levels of humor

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 26, 2021

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Theantero posted:

The fact that A's office has a crt monitor in it despite the world being SuperTech always manages to crack me up :allears:
probably it's maximally nuclear- and cogito- hardened

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

the Orb of Zot posted:

So apparently the entire facility was built by using the Well for construction materials

Is this facility technically an Abnormality?

Probably yes. And Old-A is probably a part of it. So, we will now be suppessing whole facility.

TeeQueue posted:

This tech was used for trivial things, such as granting an infinite moment of death to a condemned man.
Oh, you can always expect next level of fuckedness from this world.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

Ah, there we are. Just had to get the old plaque up.

There is an edit here for someone much more capable than I at photoshop, with the Do it for her message crafted using images of Carmen/Angela.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't see the little cactus.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Cacti.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Wait, so did we only engage the first loop after 10 years of... moping? Or does each loop still let a bit of time pass in the 'real' world?

I am extremely looking forward to meeting the kind of incarnations of X that made it to day 46 (?). I'm sure it'll be fine.

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009
Nice touch how they gave A a real puncheable face.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

MiiNiPaa posted:

Probably yes. And Old-A is probably a part of it. So, we will now be suppessing whole facility.

Okay, someone quickly bring up Mizu's managerial guidelines, we're gonna need them.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

Bear-brand beer? :lobcorp:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Lunar Suite posted:

Wait, so did we only engage the first loop after 10 years of... moping? Or does each loop still let a bit of time pass in the 'real' world?

I am extremely looking forward to meeting the kind of incarnations of X that made it to day 46 (?). I'm sure it'll be fine.

I think the idea is time dilation is happening alongside the time re-set. So it's been 10 years outside but the looped dilated time amounts for 10000 years of work inside.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Not The Wendigo posted:

Nice touch how they gave A a real puncheable face.

for me it's those cheekbones. gaunt. sharp. perfect targets for a fist.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Lunar Suite posted:

I think it has to, since we can call the Rabbits from outside. Although if the facility time to outside time ratio is 1000 to 1, Myo wasn't loving kidding when she said that L Corp renews their R Corp contract WAY too often.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I think it has to, since we can call the Rabbits from outside. Although if the facility time to outside time ratio is 1000 to 1, Myo wasn't loving kidding when she said that L Corp renews their R Corp contract WAY too often.

If they pay their yearly dues three times in a single day, I can see why R corp is willing to close their eyes on shenanigans like calling Rabbits for free when you have 0 energy.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

LobCorp from Myo's POV is something I've always wondered about to the point I have a fic on the backburner. (Which is exactly one scene, because writing.)

And oh gently caress man here it comes.

I'm in the confusing position of being absolutely no good at LobCorp but I still keep playing it because it's a really good game and also I feel like I need to play it so I can [SPOILERS REMOVED, QUIT SPOILING poo poo]. So I keep resetting and replaying and forcing myself to write everything down. I don't even know, man. But the point is that more than a few times, the....events of the coming week have actually made me think 'I should just give up because I will genuinely have no hope of winning'.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 27, 2021

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
Hmm, let’s look at that.

You hire the Rabbits between day 26-35, depending on when you actually purchase the upgrade from Gebura. Average that out to 30 days.

We know that it was 10000 years in the Corp compared to 10 years outside, so that’s a ratio of 1000:1.

30 days is 720 hours, or 43200 minutes. Divide by 1000 for 43.2.

Thus excluding the times were the Manager didn’t even get that far and the time afterwards before he failed, that’s 43 minutes and 12 seconds.

Considering really bad Managers and ones just not quite good enough would add time, it could be said that the Rabbit Teams contract gets renewed every 1-2 hours.

Of course this is all rough and messy math, not including said variables like how often the Managers only reset a day or to a lesser Memory Repository, so this isn’t gospel. More likely the truth is closer to the contract being renewed each day or something.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

t3isukone posted:

LobCorp from Myo's POV is something I've always wondered about to the point I have a fic on the backburner. (Which is exactly one scene, because writing.)

And oh gently caress man here it comes.

I'm in the confusing position of being absolutely no good at LobCorp but I still keep playing it because it's a really good game and also I feel like I need to play it so I can SNIP SNIP. So I keep resetting and replaying and forcing myself to write everything down. I don't even know, man. But the point is that more than a few times, the....events of the coming week have actually made me think 'I should just give up because I will genuinely have no hope of winning'.

The snipped part be a spoiler, so I suggest it be edited out.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Chaosbrain posted:

Hmm, let’s look at that.

You hire the Rabbits between day 26-35, depending on when you actually purchase the upgrade from Gebura. Average that out to 30 days.

We know that it was 10000 years in the Corp compared to 10 years outside, so that’s a ratio of 1000:1.

30 days is 720 hours, or 43200 minutes. Divide by 1000 for 43.2.

Thus excluding the times were the Manager didn’t even get that far and the time afterwards before he failed, that’s 43 minutes and 12 seconds.

Considering really bad Managers and ones just not quite good enough would add time, it could be said that the Rabbit Teams contract gets renewed every 1-2 hours.

Of course this is all rough and messy math, not including said variables like how often the Managers only reset a day or to a lesser Memory Repository, so this isn’t gospel. More likely the truth is closer to the contract being renewed each day or something.

I assumed that Rabbits get rehired when total passed time since last renewal equals to 1 year, so every dozen of loops or so. We do not have to renew contract even if we reset to day 1, after all. And if we do a total reset, it could just be that there were a couple loops between times we get to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lunar Suite posted:

Edit: disregard, I completely misunderstood the post.

No it's time dilation rather than time stoppage. Time still passes outside, just at a much slower relative rate.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 26, 2021