Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gently caress

https://twitter.com/RiotFest/status/1375165859304509446?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

watching the snyder cut because gently caress it whatever

enjoy this realistic portrayal of batman utilizing his superpowers

https://i.imgur.com/hpFTpqo.mp4

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

lot of people dying by getting thrown into rocks in this film

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

oh, they literally did the "what's your superpower batman?" "im rich" joke and it landed pretty well

it's weird how decent this movie is, like not a catastrophe, kind of compelling

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
zack wants us to watch it a few times so he can make a sequel

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Judakel posted:

zack wants us to watch it a few times so he can make a sequel

Joke's on him I use Plex.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Organic Lube User posted:

Joke's on him I use Plex.

i just torrented it. i haven't paid for a movie in years

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

McCloud posted:

Now why would a director who constantly had his films meddled with (to their detriment) by film executives obsessed with profit be interested in a book that goes on and on about artistic integrity and not accepting compromises in their art? :thunk:

It's doubly stupid because his Superman is a dude who spent his entire life running around helping people and ends up sacrificing his life for others, which last I checked is kind of frowned upon in the philosophy (and i use that word loosely) of "enlightened self interest"

The whole "Zack Snyder is an objectivist" nonsense was started by sex pest Devin Faraci, and is worth about as much as he is.

imagine someone in this forum writing this post about literally any other millionaire entertainment industry figure who loves the works of ayn rand lol. you should be ashamed of yourself

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
they really are freaks.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

oh my god literally all of mcclouds posts itt are him saying that zack snyder is woke lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
nothing more woke than 300

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the thing about zack snyder is he consistently picks the most embarrassingly bad non diegetic music for his films, it is so bad, every loving time

Serf
May 5, 2011

i don't know if zack snyder is a randroid, but his love for the fountainhead definitely marks him as a guy with terrible taste in books. i read both that and atlas shrugged in college and my god they're loving interminable and boring. i threw that book in the garbage

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

also jack slator's justice league was was a 6/10 for me

if it was 3.5 hours long instead of 4 it might have been a 7/10

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
P sure Snyder's called Rand a lunatic and said he only likes the Fountainhead, which is a pretty common opinion with artistic types who've ever had their work hosed with by idiots

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Snyder had 4 different versions of justice league in mind? What clarity of vision

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

P sure Snyder's called Rand a lunatic and said he only likes the Fountainhead, which is a pretty common opinion with artistic types who've ever had their work hosed with by idiots

is that why his movies are bad?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

imagine someone in this forum writing this post about literally any other millionaire entertainment industry figure who loves the works of ayn rand lol. you should be ashamed of yourself

its insanely weird you could insult every creative person and piece of entertainment on earth itt and no one would ever mind, but say something bad about snyder and now theres like 4 bizarre fuckers posting at you, super hosed up

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
And they don't even have to understand what you're saying to be mad at you

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

It's weird to hold movies as a singular artistic expression when besides a director, you have the writer of the script that had a vision for it, you have the actors that have visions of the characters, than you have editors that have pulled miracles, than you have all of thr technical staff that actually make the project go that of course are the least paid. Filmmaking is a collaborative effort

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Banshee really doesn't know what to do with it's characters sometimes. I just got to the part where proctors glasses guy kills Alex longshadows sister just so the episode could have an admittedly dope-rear end fight.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Stairmaster posted:

Banshee really doesn't know what to do with it's characters sometimes. I just got to the part where proctors glasses guy kills Alex longshadows sister just so the episode could have an admittedly dope-rear end fight.

I think that's evidence that it knows exactly what to do with its characters

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

babypolis posted:

its insanely weird you could insult every creative person and piece of entertainment on earth itt and no one would ever mind, but say something bad about snyder and now theres like 4 bizarre fuckers posting at you, super hosed up

long time c-spam lurker, first time caller and i just have to say that the way you people are dogging zack snyder is messed up

alternately

i compulsively forums search for zack snyder mentions

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I respect people’s right to nonstop bitch about Snyder though I don’t understand it. when people go on and on about Star Trek in literally every corner of the internet I don’t bring up how it’s a creatively and technically awful show, I just ignore it til the topic changes

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

I respect people’s right to nonstop bitch about Snyder though I don’t understand it. when people go on and on about Star Trek in literally every corner of the internet I don’t bring up how it’s a creatively and technically awful show, I just ignore it til the topic changes

lmao you really hate star trek. god bless you that show is indeed low art and bad too

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
you gotta think about art really deeply, like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9psdZJVpOTI

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1375225500965212160

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

autoerotic cancel culture

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Stairmaster posted:

That is a pretty good fight though

I get what you mean, I was sorry to see her character go.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

identity politics are so bizarre

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Judakel posted:

they really are freaks.

lol my dude you have posted 8 times about zack snyder on this page alone, i would strongly suggest turning your monitor on

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think a big thing was covid lockdown and Disney+ meant a lot of people were doing MCU marathons and realised that they were basically watching the same movie over and over again with a lot of the big tentpoles not holding up without the hype engine at full steam. Suddenly a lot of people are having to justify why they spent years stanning for these movies and it's going to some fun places

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think a big thing was covid lockdown and Disney+ meant a lot of people were doing MCU marathons and realised that they were basically watching the same movie over and over again with a lot of the big tentpoles not holding up without the hype engine at full steam. Suddenly a lot of people are having to justify why they spent years stanning for these movies and it's going to some fun places

counterpoint: Americans are not capable of realizations, just give them that content slop to soak up with their alcohol addled corn syrup brains

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

they were basically watching the same movie over and over again

this is a key reason they enjoy them, idk if it’s going to spawn any sort of revelation

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

when I appear out of nowhere to call some dude a fascist-Objectivist (??) it's very normal and well-adjusted posting, but when someone else replies to my post to say that's kinda weird, they're crazy and obsessive cultists

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Egg Moron posted:

counterpoint: Americans are not capable of realizations, just give them that content slop to soak up with their alcohol addled corn syrup brains

americans are very capable of sublimated cognitive dissonance though

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

no u

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

taking a minute to appreciate how the cold open of the vietnam era kong movie promises a potentially interesting remake of hell in the pacific except theyre trapped on monster island only to almost immediately jump into an extremely heavy handed geopolitical analogy featuring a ragteam team of entirely forgettable characters with much vaguer and less captivating motivation than holy poo poo wars on hold we gotta get off monster island

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

josh04 posted:

lol my dude you have posted 8 times about zack snyder on this page alone, i would strongly suggest turning your monitor on

you have 438 posts in the snyderdome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

you'd think they'd cancel it because of COVID