Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I’m gonna try to make a point, and excuse me if I stumble over any words or phrases, please do call me out if my language is wrong in some way, but:

It also seems lowkey sexist to assume that trans athletes are immediately going to be better than athletes whose gender was assigned at birth?
Like, I’m male assigned at birth. In some world where I decide to transition and decide to get into sports, I’d still loving suck because I have no coordination or athletic prowess. People who transition aren’t just doing it to win loving sports records. I know I know it’s all just ACTUAL virtue signaling from the right to scare soccer moms and dads to get them onboard with their oppressive ideas. It just doesn’t make sense if you actually think about it for two minutes.

There's definitely a thing in the UK (because the British Isles is a rainy transphobia archipelago) where you get "gender critical" people essentially making the crux of their argument that women are weak and small.

EDIT: new page and I'm mid digression so here's some Chuckie T content.

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1374572147813847052

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

screenshot of the tweet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lamuella posted:

screenshot of the tweet

Big Tony, now is the chance to make one of TEW's best gimmicks a reality!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

OC now stands for Orange Cheddarbaybiscuit

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's insanely sexist, like ninety percent of conservative arguments against the existence of trans people is that they're all running some kind of Meatballs long con to sneak into a locker room to see some titty or watch a lady take a dump in a Target bathroom, so of course the rest would be gender essentialism at best

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The trans agenda is to take over Big High School Girls' Sports. They want you to think they want things like being recognized as people and not being murdered for who they are, but really it is just to win a bunch of high school sports records.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tbh one of the weirdest things about the transphobia to me is that a lot of it just pretends trans men don't exist

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It refocuses “trans” issues as one that straight, conservative people can understand: THEY’RE COMING FOR YOUR SPORTS RECORDS. It’s so loving stupid. Like that’s why people transition. To be good at sports. I mean, I know that’s why you forced your kid into football at six years old, Paul, but believe it or not, some of us don’t exist merely to play sports.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flatluigi posted:

tbh one of the weirdest things about the transphobia to me is that a lot of it just pretends trans men don't exist
remember when there was a trans boy who wanted to be on his high school wrestling team, and a bunch of chuds completely picked it up wrong and accidentally made perfectly correct statements like “HE has no place wrestling girls and should have to wrestle OTHER MEN”

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1375462182155026432?s=20

Apparently it's not with AEW

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
She’s signed with NXT UK :grin:

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Quantum of Phallus posted:

She’s signed with NXT UK :grin:

Please stop making up promotions the joke has gone dry

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thea Trinidad is going to ChocoPro to have a legendary Best Of Seven series of matches with Chie

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

remember when there was a trans boy who wanted to be on his high school wrestling team, and a bunch of chuds completely picked it up wrong and accidentally made perfectly correct statements like “HE has no place wrestling girls and should have to wrestle OTHER MEN”

I remember when Abi Thorn from PhilosophyTube transitioned she got a number of emails from "gender critical" dumbasses that said "You don't fool us. You're a woman and you always will be."

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

it annoys me deeply when people bring up ‘the trans woman who won all those UFC fights because genetics!’ because Fallon Fox only ever fought on the indies and the first time she fought a fighter who would go on to be UFC-caliber she got the crap beat out of her

it is, if anything, an argument about how eminently fair the whole thing is and how absolutely silly and bigoted the argument they’re making is so they all just conveniently leave that part out

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Is that the one from Texas who was forced to compete in the girls' division and won the championship? And Texas still didn't learn their lesson, so he ran it back the next year?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

disaster pastor posted:

Is that the one from Texas who was forced to compete in the girls' division and won the championship? And Texas still didn't learn their lesson, so he ran it back the next year?

the very same yeah

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CarlCX posted:

it annoys me deeply when people bring up ‘the trans woman who won all those UFC fights because genetics!’ because Fallon Fox only ever fought on the indies and the first time she fought a fighter who would go on to be UFC-caliber she got the crap beat out of her

it is, if anything, an argument about how eminently fair the whole thing is and how absolutely silly and bigoted the argument they’re making is so they all just conveniently leave that part out

the "unfair genetic advantage" angle is especially ridiculous because like, welcome to all sports. is it unfair for seven-foot tall dudes to play in the nba because it's easy for them to dunk on normal-sized dudes? is it unfair for adama traore to play soccer because he's faster than any mortal human? is it unfair for one sumo to be bigger than the other?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

loving Peter Avalon lol

https://twitter.com/pavalon/status/1375357390502027265?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

lol

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm pretty sure the actual data of trans athletes in women's sports has actually shown on the whole that the entire "they are better at it" myth is untrue because well... Name one trans athlete who is at the top of their sport in any fully integrated league.

Nyla doesn't count cause wrestling is art not sport.

Nyla actually spoke about how much muscle density she lost as a result of the hormones she took on Jericho's podcast. She made it pretty clear that transitioning was a struggle in that regard.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Godammit Peter how dare you mock this woman's brave struggle :argh:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/renegadecut/status/1374196085242085376

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

https://twitter.com/WentRogue/status/1374018400574390273

“I am an incoming captain of my high school's cross-country team who helped bring my team to win the conference championship this fall. If I were to compete as a girl, I would still be half a minute behind the fastest girl in the state.”

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:hmmyes:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
My childhood hero! Still a hero!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Conrad_Birdie posted:

the joke has gone dry

well you're right about this part

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I mean, :same: Bret Hart magazine feature.

Procrastinator posted:

well you're right about this part

both of them have, there is enough of it to go around.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1375532802653970436

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1375466476581355537

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Please go join up with the Gobers. With Hiromu on the shelf they need your help.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hope its not mlw/roh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's probably Impact tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

Please go join up with the Gobers. With Hiromu on the shelf they need your help.

Andrade's a heavyweight though so wait actually Naito Shingo SANADA Andrade would be most stacked lineup ever nevermind

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wouldn't mind Thea and Andrade showing up on Strong and taking the title off of Mox for a NJPW run.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Could be whatever this is:

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1375494424206041091?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rarity posted:

Andrade's a heavyweight though so wait actually Naito Shingo SANADA Andrade would be most stacked lineup ever nevermind
Shingo was billed as a junior, your argument is invalid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

frankenfreak posted:

Shingo was billed as a junior, your argument is invalid.

Andrade's been in New Japan before

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Andrade's been in New Japan before

And won heavyweight titles there, so they couldn't put him in the juniors division.

He'd have a hell of a G1 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BrigadierSensible posted:

To muddy the racism waters here.

As a non-American child who knew nothing about the American Civil War etc. I always thought that the Confederate Flag was "The Dukes of Hazzard Car" flag. I also didn't know the connotations of naming said car the General Lee. So would have been baffled by anyone being offended by either.

As an adult, I now know the racist connotations of both. Therefore I am better than Val Venis.

Same. As a kid I watched Dukes of Hazzard with absolutely zero knowledge of American history and all I knew was that them Duke boys were cool as hell and their car was awesome, I even had a toy version of it which was the loving best. When I got older, I learned a little history and realized,"Wait a second it's not just the Confederate flag on it, they literally named the car the General Lee.... :stare:" it was a hell of a thing.