Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Republicans posted:

Crafting materials require general inventory space again. :(

As in carves? If so that's something I was hoping would be gone for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kokoro Wish posted:

As in carves? If so that's something I was hoping would be gone for good.

Yes, the Materials section in World is gone in Rise. They end up in the main bag now (again, rather).

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm aggressively mad I have to work today. I just want to capture mons and build funny looking weapons out of their bits today.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I woke up early before work and ran through the single player up through Great Izuchi. Fun fight.

Then I turned around and fought him again in the multiplayer hub for more parts. Still need another tail to get his horn.

I was looking in the blacksmith and noticed that the bow has a bunch of new poo poo compared to world, you can get bows that do scatter / pierce shots by default now. I seen that a couple had options for a some sort of heal burst. I need to pick one up and see what that's about.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So they went back to having 2 quest lists and on one of them all the monsters have twice as much hp? y tho, it sucks so much.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

So they went back to having 2 quest lists and on one of them all the monsters have twice as much hp? y tho, it sucks so much.

Supposedly the HP in the Hub when you're alone should be the same as in single player. It will scale up as people join (or down as they leave), but they aren't just all blanket tuned to 2.5x HP (or whatever) like the old games were.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I can't decide between playing CB or GS to start off with. I did manage to play up through Great Izuchi this morning with CB and really enjoyed it but for some reason, in the back of my head, there exists a big rear end sword whispering to me.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Someone play Savage Axe Charge Blade and assure me that it still fukken rules.

Soon as I get through a couple more meetings!

I have no idea when/how you get the switchable moves though - do you have to earn those through quests? Or do you have them all at the start?

Going to :finewine: my way through this game, this is only my 3rd new MonHun game. LR village to LR hub to HR village to HR hub is hopefully a good progression like it was in GU. Don't want to get too OP for village.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yes, the Materials section in World is gone in Rise. They end up in the main bag now (again, rather).

What, why

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

v1ld posted:

I have no idea when/how you get the switchable moves though - do you have to earn those through quests? Or do you have them all at the start?

Going to :finewine: my way through this game, this is only my 3rd new MonHun game. LR village to LR hub to HR village to HR hub is hopefully a good progression like it was in GU. Don't want to get too OP for village.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrKvMYRcKqs

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm aggressively mad I have to work today. I just want to capture mons and build funny looking weapons out of their bits today.

:same: I didn't think it would bother me as much as it is but I've already checked my amazon order 3 times to see if it's out for delivery when I won't be home for another 10+ hours.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Huxley posted:

Supposedly the HP in the Hub when you're alone should be the same as in single player. It will scale up as people join (or down as they leave), but they aren't just all blanket tuned to 2.5x HP (or whatever) like the old games were.

Huh, well that's good to hear. I fought that fire bird and it took me like 23 minutes in the hub and then 12 minutes in the village. I didn't think I had done that much better the second time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got Demon Flight for Dual Blades and it’s super loving fun. Changes considerably how you play since you replace Flurry with it but being able to launch yourself and blade dance all over a monster constantly owns.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So did those Rise amiibos come out and get scooped immediately or are they not up for sale yet?

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Deified Data posted:

So did those Rise amiibos come out and get scooped immediately or are they not up for sale yet?

My sisters got a magnamalo one straight from Nintendo in the UK

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

v1ld posted:

Saw this table on the mh dataminer guy's twitter. Seems useful, maybe should go in the OP?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Why do I have to work today when I could be hunting mons :negative:

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Harrow posted:

:same: Stay strong friends. We will make it through the day. I look forward to 730PM when all my duties are done and I can bonk a monster in the head with bagpipes.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Harrow posted:

I know, right? It’s disgusting, just because people need to, like, do stuff with their bank accounts, my team aren’t allowed the day off to play :mad:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Jade Mage posted:

:same: Stay strong friends. We will make it through the day. I look forward to 730PM when all my duties are done and I can bonk a monster in the head with bagpipes.

I work in a restaurant so I'm hoping I get done at like 8-9 tonight so I'll have time to play. My luck I'll end up closing and I'll be there until 11 :shepface:

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
I love the new monster intro's soooo much!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
This is a very specific problem that I'm sure only I have but the lack of a German VO for Rise makes me sad.

German works surprisingly well with Monster Hunter. World has me spoiled.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Made my character and my buddies :3:

Ugh they put a LS on me by default. I feel unclean

I'm actually really enjoying LS this time around :shobon: all the Iai stuff is sweet (yes I know most of it was in IB)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Huh, well that's good to hear. I fought that fire bird and it took me like 23 minutes in the hub and then 12 minutes in the village. I didn't think I had done that much better the second time.

The village monsters have pretty low HP, I assume to compensate for them being single player only.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

suuma posted:

What, why

Yeah this seems like, extremely backwards

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I am going to start out with the Insect Glaive

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

anyone know if guildcards are in this one? My friend and I loved talking poo poo about other hunters' cards and I will be a bit sad if they arent in this one

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

anyone know if guildcards are in this one? My friend and I loved talking poo poo about other hunters' cards and I will be a bit sad if they arent in this one

they are and they're great - you can attach a picture to them :3:

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I hope there's an early set with flinch free. I'm trying to use sns and the longsword users just say no.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goddamn this game already owns.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So what button do you press to skip the "you just hunted the monster!" camera fuckery in this one?

Ethiser posted:

The village monsters have pretty low HP, I assume to compensate for them being single player only.

Well I was responding to someone who said the hub monsters scaled with the number of players you have, which would definitely be preferable.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
I got to make a brindle palamute :3:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm trying to tell myself "try other weapons before insect glaive, wait until you can get fast kinsects" but then I watched this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukT7YP1Ius

When I saw the Forward Roundslash move I did a :eyepop: IRL

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there a button remap in this game or nah. for some reason I feel like MH games never have had this.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

DLC Inc posted:

is there a button remap in this game or nah. for some reason I feel like MH games never have had this.

The switch has system level button remapping, you can access it through the controller menu I think?

Sorry I'd check but I'm at WORK and don't have access to my SWITCH with MONSTER HUNTER RISE

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Vanant posted:

they are and they're great - you can attach a picture to them :3:

excellent news!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Any bow users gotten their teeth into this yet? I'm curious what bow users are thinking about having scatter/pierce shots available on their basic charge attacks. I seen they had different burst types too (including a healing one) and I'm curious what that's about.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I dunno if people consider kinsect stuff spoilers so I'll put it under tags but like

there are kinsects that can grab two buff colors at the same time :pusheen:

there are kinsects that continuously swirl around you as you attack, following your glaive swings and adding extra damage :eyepop:

I remember being really disappointed with the glaive in pre-release stuff and in the demo but what I'm seeing in videos for the full release version looks amazing

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Harrow posted:

I dunno if people consider kinsect stuff spoilers so I'll put it under tags but like

there are kinsects that can grab two buff colors at the same time :pusheen:

there are kinsects that continuously swirl around you as you attack, following your glaive swings and adding extra damage :eyepop:

I remember being really disappointed with the glaive in pre-release stuff and in the demo but what I'm seeing in videos for the full release version looks amazing

Ok I'm not moving off of glaive like I thought I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that loving glaive counter move I had no idea about, changes literally everything