Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Absolute bangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Bought an LCD to work on the restoration of the Dell XPS M1730 I posted earlier.

Still needs new hinges, speakers and a keyboard, but since this is a pure vanity project that I will never make my money back on, I have to pace it just a tiny bit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

evobatman posted:

Bought an LCD to work on the restoration of the Dell XPS M1730 I posted earlier.

Still needs new hinges, speakers and a keyboard, but since this is a pure vanity project that I will never make my money back on, I have to pace it just a tiny bit.
I have a Dell D830 with 15.4” 1920x1200 LCD that I wish I could sell for parts but doesn’t seem worth it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

I have a Dell D830 with 15.4” 1920x1200 LCD that I wish I could sell for parts but doesn’t seem worth it.

Woof those were from circa 2007/2008 if I remember right and then shortly there after Dell went to an updated design language for the latitude laptops. But that does seem like the high end resolution for back in that time.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

My dream computer back in the day! Everything is socketed and replaceable, so depending on how much time and money you have, you can have a lot of fun upgrading it. It will take a standard SATA harddrive, which really will bring it back to life.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Coffee And Pie posted:

Finally got around to buying a new pair of these, I loved my old Goodwill pair until they dissolved

Man! After years of this thread I finally came to terms with the fact that absurd, flashy clown shoes are actually good.

And now the game has changed, and these Nurse/Grill Dad shoes are good?

This must be what it's like to be Old

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
All white forces have been cool since like the 80s

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Coffee And Pie posted:

All white forces have been cool since like the 80s

No that's the thing, I think those shoes look fine. This thread convinced me I have Opposite Good Shoe Opinions :negative:

The only way I could navigate these confusing waters is to assume the good shoes are bad and the bad shoes good

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue On Blue posted:

I was always told that the ugliest dad looking running shoes are the best for you , the uglier and more dad like the better

But I decided to try the opposite. High end ugly but very high tech ,

So we shall see !

If you're running serious miles you should really get fitted for running shoes. I have 4 pair of my preferred running shoe (Nike Free Flyknit 4.0) sitting in boxes because the next model they put out almost crippled me.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Finally got around to buying a new pair of these, I loved my old Goodwill pair until they dissolved

Can't go wrong with all white AF1s.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Might be one of my weirdest purchases:

One of those machines in arcades where you try to line up a rod with a circle with a prize in it, and if you get it correct, it pushes the prize down the chute.

Not entirely sure where to put it...i guess basement or porch...or what to do with it.

One thought was, like, little liquor nips bottles? You want a shot, but you gotta earn it!

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

DrBouvenstein posted:

One of those machines in arcades where you try to line up a rod with a circle with a prize in it, and if you get it correct, it pushes the prize down the chute.

Not entirely sure where to put it...i guess basement or porch...or what to do with it.

One thought was, like, little liquor nips bottles? You want a shot, but you gotta earn it!

You paid someone to haul away their trash is what it looks like, definite hoarder behavior.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

DrBouvenstein posted:

This is a great idea and my friends would have so much fun with this!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Magic Underwear posted:

You paid someone to haul away their trash is what it looks like, definite hoarder behavior.

It works fine so far, so I'd say not ENTIRELY trash, though I'll grant it might be in a few months/years.

But it was only $80.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

DrBouvenstein posted:

This rules. I bought a MAME cabinet once and ended up giving up on it and trashing it. I hope your endeavor goes farther!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Seiko “king turtle”

Squier Bass

I’m probably as bad at bass guitar as Sid Vicious. Just needed something cheap to lay down tracks in GarageBand.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
PJ is the best fender combo so good choice there

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

SpartanIvy posted:

This rules. I bought a MAME cabinet once and ended up giving up on it and trashing it. I hope your endeavor goes farther!

I poo poo you not, the dude also had a Nintendo Play Choice machine, but was adamant about not selling, it's earmarked for his son.

I'm just happy I got to see and use one briefly, working ones are rare.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I put on for my city.

@lucsdesigns91 on Instagram

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

loving dope

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Me: I should lose some weight.

Also me: OOH DONUTS

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Why purchase donuts when you can get free ones from Krispy Kreme after you get your COVID-19 vaccine?

I want a free donut. And a vaccine…

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Why purchase donuts when you can get free ones from Krispy Kreme after you get your COVID-19 vaccine?

I want a free donut. And a vaccine…

Massachusetts, so no Krispy Kreme but there's a Dunkin every 5 feet. These were super fancy ones from a place in Rhode Island called PVDonuts though. They're good but way too expensive, so it's something we usually only get like once a year.

We briefly had KK's up here in the mid 00's and they eventually went kaput because while they have arguably better donuts (and I thought they were just on par with Dunkin) their coffee was noticeably worse.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Man I miss Dunkin' Donuts. It's all Starbucks here in the PNW & sometimes I just want a double double regular.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

So I guess they're everywhere, these artisan donut places. We have one that's book-themed, I went in and got one with a weird honey, sage, frosted bullshit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All books were 50% off at the Salvation Army flea market.

Fuken 1€. Illustrated by Jan BetaJosef Lada, looking mint (from 1997 so not a rarity or anything). Reading in bed right now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
In Florida every intersections is CVS, Walgreens, Starbucks, and Dunkin. Good ol’ “choice” and “free market”.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

In Florida every intersections is CVS, Walgreens, Starbucks, and Dunkin. Good ol’ “choice” and “free market”.
Three stores should be enough for everyone.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Maybe fancy donut shops are the ultimate expression of the power of the proletariat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn, it's Friday and I'm gonna order a dozen donuts from the vegan place in town.
Not that I'm vegan but these things are crazy good and don't make me feel miserable afterwards. Plus they do way more interesting flavors than just chocolate or maple.

Doe Donuts for anyone living in Portland

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Inzombiac posted:

Goddamn, it's Friday and I'm gonna order a dozen donuts from the vegan place in town.
Not that I'm vegan but these things are crazy good and don't make me feel miserable afterwards. Plus they do way more interesting flavors than just chocolate or maple.

Doe Donuts for anyone living in Portland

Well I know where I'm going next time I got a hankering for donuts.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

After having some choice paralysis of styles of this shoe I picked none of the options I was thinking of and went with these. Haven't shipped yet, did I make a decent choice?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Well I guess Aetna paid for it, but man this was a huge relief

Oregon is sitting on too much supply and appointments are going unbooked.

You can tell the pharm tech right to their face, "I don't qualify" and they instruct you exactly which box to check so that they can put the dose in your arm rather than the trash bin

Oregoons go get your dose today!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can tell the pharm tech right to their face, "I don't qualify" and they instruct you exactly which box to check so that they can put the dose in your arm rather than the trash bin

Congratulations!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

After having some choice paralysis of styles of this shoe I picked none of the options I was thinking of and went with these. Haven't shipped yet, did I make a decent choice?

Those are great looking shoes...

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:nice: batch number

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

for a clown to wear...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea they opened up the vaccines locally to obese people or people with hypertension, and that's like 98% of the population of my state. Next jab is the 6th. No side effects from the first, hoping there's none for the second.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

By the standard of the thread, definitely.

I've wanted the yellow ones but they weren't in stock anywhere and I didn't want them enough to jump through the hoops and import them from somewhere.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I fuckin love Onitsuka Tigers and I love these ones for sure. Excellent choice. I just may pick some up myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Has the pendulum swung back to thin-soled sneakers or are we still doing chonky boys