Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Bilirubin posted:

well sure but worms aren't that tough

Further, the scriptures make no mention of Gog-Magog being everybody's super best pal, which is a problem. Because Gog's my pal! And your pal too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Everyone and everything is just gog-agog who has already recreated the singularity in worm form and is just really really bored.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

There's numberless Gog-Magog surrounding a city, though!

Revelation 20:8
He will go out to deceive the nations—called Gog and Magog—in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle—a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore. And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them.
That will teach me to nod off during Sunday School. Our pal is going to go biblical on everyone eventually.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I feel like if violence were a solution to the Jagg problem, Incubus may be the one with the best shot of hurting him just because all the teachings on cutting seem to be that swordsmen are idiots but if you are going to cut something then with enough dedication you can absolutely cut through anything including stuff that is uncuttable.

However I don’t think “Actually, mega violence was the answer all along” is thematically consistent at this point.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

I feel like if violence were a solution to the Jagg problem, Incubus may be the one with the best shot of hurting him just because all the teachings on cutting seem to be that swordsmen are idiots but if you are going to cut something then with enough dedication you can absolutely cut through anything including stuff that is uncuttable.

However I don’t think “Actually, mega violence was the answer all along” is thematically consistent at this point.

yeah i don't think this will actually be the solution to the Problem of Jagganoth, but we've had basically an entire comic devoted to telling us that if you're just stupid enough in just the right way you might accidentally reveal that being invincible is a Fake Idea

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Could still have it both ways. Incubus manages to non-fatally cut Jagganoth, everybody goes OH poo poo, Maya ganks Incubus out of the blue and everybody goes OH SHIIIIIT

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Incubus can't die before he gets a ridiculous splash page attack. After that, yeah, he's free to get merked

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

my prediction that will not happen and then I will look dumb:

Incubus will kill Solomon as per his deal with Jagganoth, Jaggs will then kill the other demiurges while Incubus fights Wallicio, Inky will gain the upper hand but then Maya will finally arrive to kill him. With the other six gone and our heroine(s) hurt, Jaggs will say something cryptic and moonwalk out to begin the next step in his plan

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

FuturePastNow posted:

my prediction that will not happen and then I will look dumb:

Incubus will kill Solomon as per his deal with Jagganoth, Jaggs will then kill the other demiurges while Incubus fights Wallicio, Inky will gain the upper hand but then Maya will finally arrive to kill him. With the other six gone and our heroine(s) hurt, Jaggs will say something cryptic and moonwalk out to begin the next step in his plan

I stand by my position that Incubus, who explicitly wants to see Allison beat Jagganoth under his mentorship when she's capable of doing so, is not here to fight her.
He also clearly thinks Jagganoth's early move has voided their agreement.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

I don't think "actually violence is absolute never the answer" is thematically consistent at this point either. A life mastering the sword is not particularly pleasant but I do not think it would've gone much better if Maya was a noodle vender when the Yellow City was destroyed, and while Intra dug a well and built an oven, he still also killed the tyrant's men.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
there was that whole story that repeatedly told you violence is inescapable. and then the moral of that story was violence is inescapable

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

jsoh posted:

there was that whole story that repeatedly told you violence is inescapable. and then the moral of that story was violence is inescapable

What if you use violence to escape!?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The moral is to be a reluctant hero. Yet not be so reluctant that you refuse to save the day on principle. dedicating your life to violence is dumb, but dedicating your occasional violence to life ain’t something to be ashamed of.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Al Yisun has reunited both white and black flames into a new tripartite being bearing the Key of Kings.

Violence will not be the ultimate solution, this poo poo is about to get full-on Golden Wind climax, reality-being-rent-asunder bonkers before it's over.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Joe Slowboat posted:

I stand by my position that Incubus, who explicitly wants to see Allison beat Jagganoth under his mentorship when she's capable of doing so, is not here to fight her.
He also clearly thinks Jagganoth's early move has voided their agreement.

One possibility is that he was pretending to support both sides until Allison's ready to take on Jagganoth while he's busy with the rest of the Seven, and his "it's too early" reaction was that Allison is emphatically not ready.

Another is that he really wants to see it all burn and survive the chaos, and he thinks Jagganoth's not ready to break the Pact. Allison is then a mean to an end, but one he's attached to. Or else he just can't help himself and got suckered into playing the role of the hardass mentor because that's all he really knows. Either way, he thinks she too can survive whatever comes next.

Or he really is that evil and trained her wrong, as a joke.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

YaketySass posted:

Or he really is that evil and trained her wrong, as a joke.

But dont tell her that
If you dont tell her that she'll strike and obliterate Jaggs in one blow

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

M_Gargantua posted:

dedicating your life to violence is dumb, but dedicating your occasional violence to life ain’t something to be ashamed of.
This is an excellent way to put it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm not sure that Incubus qualifies as enough of a dumbass for the theme of "does something because he's too stupid to know it isn't possible" (which I love btw) to come into play. On the other hand, I could picture him using Perfect Sword Art: Cut the UnCuttable on Jaggs, and the result is just TWO Jaggs beating the poo poo out of everyone.

My main concern is exactly how veiny and eye-bulgy will Incubus get doing all of this :gonk:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Its the other side, creation and rejoining

Into a single entity spanning the multiverse

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Its the other side, creation and rejoining

Into a single entity spanning the multiverse

kinds like
but more ladies

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

...so Gog-Agog?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Good thread name. :five:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm not sure that Incubus qualifies as enough of a dumbass for the theme of "does something because he's too stupid to know it isn't possible" (which I love btw) to come into play. On the other hand, I could picture him using Perfect Sword Art: Cut the UnCuttable on Jaggs, and the result is just TWO Jaggs beating the poo poo out of everyone.

My main concern is exactly how veiny and eye-bulgy will Incubus get doing all of this :gonk:

Incubus is enough of a dumbass that he took all of Meti's training precisely as she gave it to him and went 'yes, violence is a terrible poison, excellent' while doing violence.

Unlike Maya, he never hesitated or thought that he was above what Meti describes, and he did what Meti asked and fed her bodies to the dogs.

Dude's a furious dumbass, just not in a positive way. He's a selfish nihilistic dumbass.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1375528823761080324?s=19

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jagg's face

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incubus may be literal human filth, but it's hard to hate someone who sees his pupil setting up a sicknasty combo attack and rolls with it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Incubus think's he's kill stealing and gets first roll on the loot, little does he know Maya is right there ready with the gank.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Incubus may be literal human filth, but it's hard to hate someone who sees his pupil setting up a sicknasty combo attack and rolls with it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Getting ready for next page reveal to be Incubus just cut Jagganoth loose.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I dunno, page title is Finishing Blow and Allicio n' Chains put some rainbow oomph into that net. A nice, proper dual-tech. Or would it be a 2^3-tech?

e: I should add that I don't think this is gonna kill Jaggs, much less resolve a lot of issues. But it IS badass.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 26, 2021

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Thank goodness that this unpleasantness is over with! All's well that ends well, and I'm ready for the celebrations to begin.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Turns out a "demon" is a kind of mixed drink everybody is going to kill in the genial festivities to follow

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Dang ladies, just how many cubits is that spear?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The calm, confident RBF that hasn’t left Allicio n’ Chains face since they appeared is perfect.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Killing Jags is the sort of thing that, even if it works, is a sort of "you have replaced one big problem with many, slightly smaller, problems" situation.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
They are helping Jagganoth break free from her invulnerable shell.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

And if he wounds Jagganoth it's probably going to inflict a toxic status effect. Because some dirty idiot keeps licking his sword.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I hope this kills Jaggs and the rest of the book is about fighting Metatron or something like that. Jaggs is cool and all, but he doesn't have enough nuance to him to make him as interesting as the other villains, but that could be expanded upon if he lives.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lmao Jagganoth was literally a red herring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Jagganoth put all his effort into his army who were invading all the other worlds during this distraction. And doesn't 2 Michael still have that angel host to swing around?