Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

First as a tragedy, then as a farce, and so on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I have the solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5JiPj9c98Y

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Spergin Morlock posted:

lmao if this closes the canal for months. physical trade between europe and china/india is hosed

This isn't CIA hijinks is it? Economic warfare+the seed of a ginned up causus belli? :tinfoil:

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Antonymous posted:

That 9/11 comic of the Empire State Building except it’s a trans Asia rail car looking at the boat and saying “well well well...”

I do not know of this comic, got a link?

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

What if it's the Ever Given that gets stuck again on the way out? Would that be funnier?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Gods_Butthole posted:

This isn't CIA hijinks is it? Economic warfare+the seed of a ginned up causus belli? :tinfoil:

lol the CIA would never do such an extremely competent operation

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Gods_Butthole posted:

What if it's the Ever Given that gets stuck again on the way out? Would that be funnier?

Ever Given getting unstuck, going forward, and then turning into the left bank would be some real poo poo.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

KaptainKrunk posted:

Ever Given getting unstuck, going forward, and then turning into the left bank would be some real poo poo.

:hmmyes:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I had a truck driver get hit by cars 3 times in the same day. So the Ever Given should be going for that energy.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

dead gay comedy forums posted:

lol the CIA would never do such an extremely competent operation

Sounds like something the CIA would like for me to believe

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Gods_Butthole posted:

Sounds like something the CIA would like for me to believe

actually considering how incredible they are for collateral damage yeah they could try something stupid like that

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Gods_Butthole posted:

I do not know of this comic, got a link?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

the story of the guy operating the front end loader is the apotheosis of the essential worker. and by that i mean he's probably going to get thoroughly hosed over and not even get paid overtime.

Gods_Butthole posted:

you can't just blame the cia for everything, the rest of the world are also a bunch of dumbasses.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

oxsnard posted:

imagine if a stuck boat hits the economy harder than a pandemic that took millions of lives. lmao

I mean this is basically the equivalent of a blocked artery

worst ever at ping-pong
Jun 11, 2010

indigi posted:

what is a wafer in this context and why is it so expensive

Wafer meaning a wafer-thin slice of silicon crystal suitable for building circuits on top of. Each one is incredibly delicate to the point where they're only ever handled by machines lest some tiny amount of dirt or imperfection ruins them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Boat

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

It's stuck, I hear

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

I mean this is basically the equivalent of a blocked artery

totes, Suez and Panama are so incredibly critical to the world's economy that this is a metaphorical cardiac arrest

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

dead gay comedy forums posted:

totes, Suez and Panama are so incredibly critical to the world's economy that this is a metaphorical cardiac arrest

You have to remember that nothing matters though - if anything this will increase value somehow, probably in the stupidest way possible (rebuild a loop around the canal financed by Bitcoin?)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

KaptainKrunk posted:

:pray:

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Holy poo poo lmao

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

GWBBQ posted:

the story of the guy operating the front end loader is the apotheosis of the essential worker. and by that i mean he's probably going to get thoroughly hosed over and not even get paid overtime.

you can't just blame the cia for everything, the rest of the world are also a bunch of dumbasses.

The hell I can't :mad:

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

GWBBQ posted:

you: *through sobs* you cant just say everything is the cia... Please...

me: *pointing at suez canal* CIA

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

slippery doc posted:

you: *through sobs* you cant just say everything is the cia... Please...

me: *pointing at suez canal* CIA

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

GWBBQ posted:

the rest of the world are a bunch of dumbasses in part due to the machinations of, you guessed it, the cia

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

if iran ever wanted to initiate a war against US forces in the region something like this could be a first step. attack the logistics first

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

if iran ever wanted to initiate a war against US forces in the region something like this could be a first step. attack the logistics first

Yeah if Iran ever wanted to initiate a war against US forces !!!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/PunishedPhelan/status/1375637708849221633?s=19

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/juliakite/status/1375197206718914574

Hell yes.

It's The Demon Rush crew! THOR COURAGE. CHERRY VENUS. JOHNNY FIVEACES. AND CHRIS

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

has anyone tried honking a REALLY loud horn?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Oh God imagine if they try to off load it and it tips, oh god

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
The tide charts for the canal indicate that next Tuesday will be the highest possible tide before it starts dropping, and then will only increase to current levels at the end of april lol. If the don't get it out before Wednesday they are in some serious trouble.

https://www.tide-forecast.com/locations/Suez-Egypt/tides/latest

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

$400 million an hour rules hahahahaha

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this rules lmao

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
yeah, i heard about this and was like "wtf is going on" and read like two lines and i'm like "rofl yeah this rocks"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
not nearly enough of a death toll for this to be an intelligence op

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/bencjenkins/status/1375575310461063168?s=20

e: ah gently caress

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

there are So Many of these

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Maya Fey posted:

there are So Many of these

it's a real convergence of internet staples; boats, being stuck due to thiccness, something horrifically stupid, and sexualizing it

i saw one the same day and laughed, then 2 the next day, now there's hundreds lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TotalHell posted:

I think the issue is that they have to FORCE the boat through a tight SPACE

oh my god wait a minute

no one remembers SEA PATROL, do they?

nooo, another bit of sea lore lost to history :negative: