Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Mountain Climbers are getting easier. Just need to get the timing down to get through them faster, because my old way is not fun at all.
I didn't want to use items beyond the sesame and milk pudding as a self-imposed challenge, but the special enemies keep running away after one turn and I am not strong enough to OHKO them. Might as well ignore them for now.

Are people talking about the later versions of Dreadmill being terrible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s a shake you can make later on that automatically gives you an extra turn, use that to beat the gold/silver Hoplins. And don’t forget to drink an EXP/Gold x2 drink!

Advanced Dreadmill is very tough, yeah. I can’t remember if there was a challenge near the end where you had to get a perfect score, but I feel like there was and it sucked.

Still not as bad as Gluting Gallery where you can’t collect gold coins.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
For a long while I didn’t realize when it asks if you want to stop and do the cool down it was based on the 10 minute mark. I had been increasing the difficulty level instead of going for longer sessions till someone on here pointed that out. Now I’ve started shooting for 20 minutes and keeping the same difficulty level.

The skill tree has a lot of garbage on it for me at this point. I have a selection of exercises that are in the 400 and 500 damage range but there’s ones on there in the 200 I have to waste skill points on just to get something else I might not even need.
Not a big deal for battles, but I would like to get some better ones that aren’t drat squats all the time. I’ve been slacking on the core exercises and had to make sure. I put some in again.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was fooled a second time into doing an hour session because of those course timers not working as I expected. Had a boss fight last twice as long, probably because it had a weakness and my skills could not take advantage of it, blue having 70 points fewer than any color and not keeping up. Healing skills also skew your time, so you might as well extra minutes for each one.

I have some questions on getting better:
Can I open the skill tree some more?
Are rainy courses intentionally harder to run in?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Skill Tree expands twice, the final expansion is at lv 130. Might make sense to plan the order you unlock stuff so you get the moves you want earlier. I’ve been referring to this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1Sflmz3tb1EqdjL3bGvilU-yMCOdQ8t7YbdoIOR_f2uM/htmlview

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I have what looks like one last Dragaux stage in the world that introduced the statues. Am I going to be able to buy everything that needs the statue parts after finishing the last stage?
The rapid-fire squat stage was horrible.

As a mention: The advanced Dreadmill stage was not stopping at all.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 20, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yeah you only need a few of those statue fragments. I think you fight a few more statues way later, like the second last world. Which is where I am at in NG+. I really want to get to NG++ so I can use whatever exercises I want. I’m also going to turn it up to maximum difficulty because I’m a masochist.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I was in the shape of my life last year, but then I turned into a lazy sack of poo poo during the summer, and ended up gaining 20 kilos. :reject: I've been playing Ring Fit again since Christmas, and now I'm watching my food intake too. I just want to get rid of this flab!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Am I the only one that hears the words ‘rear end down face up’ in the battle theme?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The words are total nonsense so yeah, it’s just you lol

On Sunday I did Wide Squats immediately followed by Knee Lifts and oh my god I was so sore yesterday why game whyyyyyy

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think someone posted the names of muscles are used for the music.

I noticed that there are a dozen exercises I have barely done and made them my set. One of them is Overhead Squats and I hate it so much.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 4, 2021

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Trying to get back into this. At my peak last summer I was doing it for 30-40 minutes 5 days a week but after a long break I'm only hitting 15-20 before I'm wrecked. Would like to return to that level of fitness

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I think someone posted the names of muscles are used for the music.

I noticed that there are a dozen exercises I have barely done and made them my set. One of them is Overhead Squats and I hate it so much.

I find Overhead Squats less painful than Wide Squats for some reason.

I gotta say, those Open-and-close Leg Raises you can do in Custom mode are also brutal. It’s like the leg scissors but instead of crushing your balls it destroys your crotch muscles & adductors.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

embrace the squats, get thighs that can crush a watermelon

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Crush men's skulls between your thighs.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I feel this has probably been asked a billion times, but I didn’t see it on the first page or this one: who has tips for stopping the leg strap from sliding down my leg? Bare skin doesn’t work at all, I got some tights and they help, but I’m seriously considering putting the strap on over one pair of tights and then putting a second pair of tights over the controller and strap.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can't you tighten it further?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can't you tighten it further?

i get it pretty tight, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. It's been like almost a year since I've used it and I'm way doughier now, so maybe that'll allow it to grip better?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I think some people used a silicone pad or something under the controller area of the thigh strap to help it stay on better, but YMMV.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I have a tip on measuring how well your legs are doing during the running sections:

If while starting the map loading animation or when you are exiting each battle/interruption in the gameplay, that you don't have the energy to lift your feet in a small hopping motion to prepare for the full jog, then take a minute break. Bad form will wreck your run and you will make mistakes you would have avoided.

While you are squatting to open chests, you can blow rings while doing so. Pull double duty when you can.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Soonmot posted:

I feel this has probably been asked a billion times, but I didn’t see it on the first page or this one: who has tips for stopping the leg strap from sliding down my leg? Bare skin doesn’t work at all, I got some tights and they help, but I’m seriously considering putting the strap on over one pair of tights and then putting a second pair of tights over the controller and strap.

Safety pin?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Interesting: a study found that RFA helped people with back pain and improved pain tolerance

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33891508/

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Being in shape is ALWAYS good for you. Always do stretches in the morning.

It has been a great help with my shoulder pain I got from repetitive stress at work. Doing a daily stretching routine in RFA noticeably lessens the pain when my shoulder starts hurting each day and I don't need painkillers to get through it. Working at the fast food joint has been debilitating for several people that even a handful who quit from injuries or stress, one recently went to a hospital for having a similar injury as mine.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I can't do the yoga poses I have no flexibility. I've known this for years but at least this has motivated me to look up some stretching routines.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
One of the things I noticed is that the tree pose is WAY harder on mushy carpet and really the sort of thing that should be done on a hard floor with sneakers. You need that foot support.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't use shoes, but if I have to do Tree Pose and Planks, then I need shoes for the grip.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve never had my feet slip on an exercise/yoga mat, which everyone should be using for these.

ilmucche posted:

I can't do the yoga poses I have no flexibility. I've known this for years but at least this has motivated me to look up some stretching routines.

Good news! Practicing yoga will improve your flexibility. Now isn’t a good time, but if you went to a beginners class you would be with a bunch of other people who aren’t very flexible which might make you more comfortable.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I do t think I need shoes for grip doing tree pose I think it’s for having a rock stable footing. Carpet is mushy so my foot rocks a little during tree pose, making me lose my balance

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What is the correct form for doing the knee lift segments on the steps? It never registers correctly even with milk.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Scalding Coffee posted:

What is the correct form for doing the knee lift segments on the steps? It never registers correctly even with milk.

I don’t know how to describe knee lifts lol just lift your knees up as high as you can like you were kneeing a really tall guy in the nuts. You’re almost jumping with each knee lift. If it’s not registering… lift them higher??

Edit: apparently the open-and-close leg raises is a healing move, not just in custom mode. The only one that’s only in custom mode is overhead side bends but the ones you do in levels/Gluting Gallery count so there’s not really a point.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I put a little jump in my lifts and that keeps my hair at full length, even though my body is not really glowing. I'll count that as good enough (give me the exercise XP, rear end), especially since the Dragaux stage is all knee lifts. Still couldn't catch the second running treasure with the way the camera keeps shifting angles.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Geez, this final battle is long; I was prepared for it this time and skipped the gauntlet to go straight to Drageaux and it was still too much for me... although part of that is because it wasn't properly registering squats and I had too much pride to drink a smoothie after the mega ab guard section killed me. Still, all the squatting... gah, I'll probably take squats out of my attack rotation because the final stage and battle require enough squats by themselves.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’ve never had my feet slip on an exercise/yoga mat, which everyone should be using for these.

Yeah a friend gave me an extra mat they had and it's great.

quote:

Good news! Practicing yoga will improve your flexibility. Now isn’t a good time, but if you went to a beginners class you would be with a bunch of other people who aren’t very flexible which might make you more comfortable.

I've been doing some stretching videos. They're nice as a cool down.

Edit: like I do the moves alongside with the main character. I do every move and I do every move badly making straining sounds when I slam down my hands for balance

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 19, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Argue posted:

Geez, this final battle is long; I was prepared for it this time and skipped the gauntlet to go straight to Drageaux and it was still too much for me... although part of that is because it wasn't properly registering squats and I had too much pride to drink a smoothie after the mega ab guard section killed me. Still, all the squatting... gah, I'll probably take squats out of my attack rotation because the final stage and battle require enough squats by themselves.
I have almost 2000 regular squats and I have yet to equip them again since unlocking wide squats 20 or so worlds ago. Still need hundreds more wide and overhead before they are equal. The game gives you enough squats and steps on its own.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
What is everyone's interpretation of the song lyrics in this game? I think the battle song goes "Ocean life... pumpkin neon sign..." repeats, and then goes "AB TOWN MUSIC". There's also that other battle song that goes "Stop, stop shooting me. start choking me. AB TOWN MUSIC".

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s gibberish that sounds like the names of muscle groups.

I, too, have not equipped regular squats as an attack in ages, you do so goddamn many in levels it’s like what’s the point?

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Fighting Elegy posted:

What is everyone's interpretation of the song lyrics in this game? I think the battle song goes "Ocean life... pumpkin neon sign..." repeats, and then goes "AB TOWN MUSIC". There's also that other battle song that goes "Stop, stop shooting me. start choking me. AB TOWN MUSIC".

I always hear it as "head down, knees bent"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was looking for little details about the stuff in the game and I have been wondering if the shop has been adding new stuff over time. Does anyone with only the early worlds unlocked have pictures?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was looking for little details about the stuff in the game and I have been wondering if the shop has been adding new stuff over time. Does anyone with only the early worlds unlocked have pictures?

The shop adds new equipment every world, I think they add some ingredients and smoothies over time but it isn’t that many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I meant in the background.