Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The first word I got was "May". That'll define 1/12 of my 2021.

Prescient.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Christ, what kind of lovely friend are you that you even have to ask whether your friend is happy to go back home to her husband and kid?

The kind of lovely friend that makes a person scowl with rage any time you interact with them.

Yeah, they have a lovely job. We've seen her outside the lovely job. It's not the lovely job. It's the bootlicker.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Sorry, it's been a long week.

Nightcrawlers - 1957

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Subtle. I love it.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

These men don't know it, but they're already dead.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Did I see a few weeks ago that someone was posting a Batman daily from 1989 or thereabouts, or was that another thread?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

PainterofCrap posted:

Nightcrawlers - 1957

Abduction of Persephone reference out of loving nowhere.

That's a good 'un.

And on to today's Blueberry (Do you know how often I want to type in Corto Maltese? Far too often): This town (toooo-ooown) is coming like a ghost town, or It's Yosemite Yucca Sam!, or Just when things were looking too easy, some bad news, for a change!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 27, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Bruceski posted:

Subtle. I love it.

Samovar posted:

That's a good 'un.
That has always been a favorite of mine.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Medenmath posted:

The Medieval Castle (Jun. 04, 1944)

While I love Hal Foster's work, I'm not entirely convinced that in the early middle ages, there were dudes sat around in war machine shops like in an rpg, just waiting for knights to wander in and place an order.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

While I love Hal Foster's work, I'm not entirely convinced that in the early middle ages, there were dudes sat around in war machine shops like in an rpg, just waiting for knights to wander in and place an order.

Well he got crossbows right (I didn't know they were a thing as far back as the 11th century) so maybe?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

I actually think this one's really cute. Though, with the idea in mind that characters in OTF are able to escape their lovely hellworld sometimes.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

No new Rae the Doe on weekends!

e: I follow qrais on twitter and fuuuuck i want a bunny hat (or is that a pouch??)

https://twitter.com/Qrais_Usagi/status/1375706680927809540

riderchop fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 27, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

omg that off-model nekonaughey tote :3:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh to be there and see the merch in person. To buy some..

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bumper pack of Fingerpori.

(I know it's the Steam Engine in English, but in Finnish it's Steam Machine both ways so play along)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Samovar posted:

And on to today's Blueberry (Do you know how often I want to type in Corto Maltese? Far too often): This town (toooo-ooown) is coming like a ghost town, or It's Yosemite Yucca Sam!, or Just when things were looking too easy, some bad news, for a change!

I'm still enjoying this quite a bit, and I like that this comic doesn't portray American Indians as savages. Yes, they are in a war right now, but that was borne out of a misunderstanding and of the colonel's stubborness and failure to negotiate (because he sees American Indians as savages, when they clearly are not).

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Bumper pack of Fingerpori.

(I know it's the Steam Engine in English, but in Finnish it's Steam Machine both ways so play along)

All of these are great.

Classic Kevin & Kell (May 22-26, 2000)

Here we go:

First on-panel divorce of the series! :toot:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (April 11, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (May 24, 1918)

Banana Oil! (January 15, 1924)

Gay and Her Gang (May 6, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (October 5, 1935)

Dark Laughter (April 24, 1943)

Mopsy Sunday (April 18, 1948)

Those Were the Days (May 15, 1952)

Wee Pals (June 26, 1965)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The Prisoner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 19, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 19, 1999)

Garfield Classic (July 19, 1989)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter (April 24, 1943)

I'm enjoying Bootsie's expression here.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Although it has a quasi-educational tone and is obviously more realistic than Prince Valiant, I'm not really sure how accurate The Medieval Castle is. It wouldn't surprise me if professional siege engineers existed, but I would have guessed that they were more like itinerant artisans who would go where the work was, rather than running static workshops like in that strip. I also was under the impression that large stone fortifications were uncommon prior to the Crusades, so maybe Guy and Arn should be living in a wooden motte-and-bailey or something instead.

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 11, 1944)

The Medieval Castle (Jun. 11, 1944)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

English usually calls the thing on display a "fog machine", too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mikl posted:

I'm still enjoying this quite a bit, and I like that this comic doesn't portray American Indians as savages. Yes, they are in a war right now, but that was borne out of a misunderstanding and of the colonel's stubborness and failure to negotiate (because he sees American Indians as savages, when they clearly are not).

Glad it's appreciated!

And oh, Everett. How thou hast fallen from grace.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
holy poo poo bootsie, get em

Medenmath posted:

I'm enjoying Bootsie's expression here.

right? he’s not even done.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

CzarChasm posted:

Did I see a few weeks ago that someone was posting a Batman daily from 1989 or thereabouts, or was that another thread?

How Wonderful! started posting it in this thread, but IIRC their IRL schedule is fairly hectic so it’s not a regular thing at the moment

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The clown plot in Bad Machinery has really picked up now that things are happening.

I was greatly enjoying that Batman strip, hope How Wonderful! gets some free time back. That reminds me, I've always wanted to contribute to the thread but all the strips I'm interested in seem to be covered. However I've noticed one has fallen by the wayside and whether my fellow goon has been ambushed by IRL or grown tired of posting, I think it's a great strip that deserves daily attention. I've certainly only picked up on great strips by having a chance to see them following this thread.

Jucika (yoo-si-ka) by Pál Pusztai ran from 1957 to 1970, "featuring a young, independent woman, frequently in risqué situations." It was rediscovered by the internet recently and the obvious quality of humor and risqué situations made it a cult classic. I'll be posting two strips a day thanks to two excellent twitter accounts, Jucika Daily(Random Strips) and Jucika In Order. Feel free to binge there! One will be a random strip as 13 years seems a tall order to enjoy so many of the more popular latter strips.

Jucika "1 - Jucika and Mud"

"Jucika and the Sunbathing"

As per Maryland tradition it has been 40 degrees or even higher this month and everybody is free to dress for summer!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 27, 2021

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Intet Nytt Fra Hjemmefronten

TegneHanne

Pondus

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy

And now, my favorite Get Fuzzy, and the one that started me reposting this.

Double Collins

The UK had a bit of a controversy recently over a government minister having a flag displayed in his office.

Brenda Starr 2/25-27/46

Smokey Stover 3/10/40

It's a little odd seeing Smokey in civilian clothes when Holman usually draws him in his uniform even at home.

Richard's Poor Almanac

Hooboy, that first panel feels a bit different nowadays doesn't it? I wonder if that's why whatever intern picks which strip to rerun chose it (assuming there *is* anyone and not just an algorithm).

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominposting

Honestly Snorkmaiden, you're allowed to punch him.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Comic Strips 2021: Give him hell, Missy!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (March 9, 1991)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Doomykins posted:

Jucika (yoo-si-ka) by Pál Pusztai

Hooray!

Oh Christ this is insufferable.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Took me a second, then :lol:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

:lol:

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This is utterly fascinating. They're brazenly shifting to "we need to appeal to even older morons" before our very eyes, and found a way to poo poo on the long-standing Character Who Is Right in the same go. Always did think it was odd having a lawyer in that position.