Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wow this Life is Strange chat on the podcast, the boys just declared war on The Lesbian Community (except me, who also hated Chloe)

Tfw you must defend Fake American Teens brought to you by Old French Guys our of sheer solidarity

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Actually buying back because i decided i wasn't done having a pycotic break. putting it behind spoilers for easier scrolling pass, won't be replying in thread to shorten the derail but i have to get this out

And because I despertly want to understand, did getting raped as a kid really make my reaction to these kinds of things that far from normal peoples? Because this keeps hapneing to me and I don't understand why I'm always the lunatic. why no one else every has these kinds of meltdowns I have every three months why no one else CARES. Years ago these forums had a thread for an anime called Kodomo no Jikan, and the thread eventually got nuked, people permaed and even the name forbidden to be spoken and I always felt safe on this website for at least this specfic problem, EVERYONE hated on pedo poo poo. But now we just openly talk about poo poo like Dragon maid, made in abyss, FATE and like, none of this bothers you? I really want to understand. Is all the really awful poo poo i saw or read about not real, is it some bootleg unassociated company useing the name? Is 4chan doing screenshots edits and i don't know because Ive never seen the source? Or can you relly, actually just, ignore that kind of thing? Just skip right past that knowledg and not feel nauses and sick and suicidel for hours every time you even see the name? Is it really just that easy for normal people? Part of me wants to beg someone to explain this to me in pms or discord but i know no one wants to waste their time with that and I should just blow my brains out and stop being a buzz kill. but i just don't I don't understand I don't understand i don't understand how how why whyw why
please seek help if you are feeling suicidal and take a break from the forums if they're causing you this much grief. This post reads like you have serious PTSD, it might be worth asking in E/N about therapy, medication, etc.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rody One Half posted:

Wow this Life is Strange chat on the podcast, the boys just declared war on The Lesbian Community (except me, who also hated Chloe)

Tfw you must defend Fake American Teens brought to you by Old French Guys our of sheer solidarity

One of the reasons why we need more representativity in games is just so we can admit that Life is Strange is a CW series made into a game.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Actually buying back because i decided i wasn't done having a pycotic break. putting it behind spoilers for easier scrolling pass, won't be replying in thread to shorten the derail but i have to get this out

And because I despertly want to understand, did getting raped as a kid really make my reaction to these kinds of things that far from normal peoples? Because this keeps hapneing to me and I don't understand why I'm always the lunatic. why no one else every has these kinds of meltdowns I have every three months why no one else CARES. Years ago these forums had a thread for an anime called Kodomo no Jikan, and the thread eventually got nuked, people permaed and even the name forbidden to be spoken and I always felt safe on this website for at least this specfic problem, EVERYONE hated on pedo poo poo. But now we just openly talk about poo poo like Dragon maid, made in abyss, FATE and like, none of this bothers you? I really want to understand. Is all the really awful poo poo i saw or read about not real, is it some bootleg unassociated company useing the name? Is 4chan doing screenshots edits and i don't know because Ive never seen the source? Or can you relly, actually just, ignore that kind of thing? Just skip right past that knowledg and not feel nauses and sick and suicidel for hours every time you even see the name? Is it really just that easy for normal people? Part of me wants to beg someone to explain this to me in pms or discord but i know no one wants to waste their time with that and I should just blow my brains out and stop being a buzz kill. but i just don't I don't understand I don't understand i don't understand how how why whyw why

this website constantly has people being outed as pedophiles. seek higher ground

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stop posting. Get help. You're only just hurting yourself more.

Rody One Half posted:

As a bi woman with absolutely poo poo taste even i could not stand Chloe. I don't know who that character is for.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 26, 2021

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't know who that character is for.

me, to poop on!!!!!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bonaventure posted:

me, to poop on!!!!!

Give me the worst angst teen you have.
No no thats too lovely

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

As a bi woman with absolutely poo poo taste even i could not stand Chloe. I don't know who that character is for.

my old roommate, she is his waifu

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Life Is Strange and Before the Storm were some of my favorite games ever, but I could never get into 2 and dropped it about halfway through, so I don't know how to feel about the new one. At least it looks like it's going to stick to one setting again because the road trip aspect of the second one was pretty terrible because you basically ditched having a cast of characters to get attached to.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Life Is Strange and Before the Storm were some of my favorite games ever, but I could never get into 2 and dropped it about halfway through, so I don't know how to feel about the new one. At least it looks like it's going to stick to one setting again because the road trip aspect of the second one was pretty terrible because you basically ditched having a cast of characters to get attached to.

Yeah 2 just felt... very flat I guess, couldn't get into it despite liking the rest of LiS otherwise.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

French people.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also while I love some gay in my games, boy was the sorta gay love option in 2 just greatly unappealing and I can't lie, that probably was another thing that deflated some of my interest.

Just eccchhhhhh, what sucks is I like some parts of their design, but more of it puts me off and I didn't really want anything to do with him lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Also while I love some gay in my games, boy was the sorta gay love option in 2 just greatly unappealing and I can't lie, that probably was another thing that deflated some of my interest.

Just eccchhhhhh, what sucks is I like some parts of their design, but more of it puts me off and I didn't really want anything to do with him lol

Are you French? This may be why.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 27, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I am not, but a guy named Finn with some gross lookin eyes and hair and like, hokey native feeling tattoos just gave me big ole nah man vibes.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that guy looks like he smells terrible and swears by something he calls a 'spice shower'

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

The second I booted up the episode where you wake up on the weed farm and walked outside and saw the characters I just said nah and closed down the game and never came back.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yakuza 7 continues to kick Woolie's rear end.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I've only played Kiwami 1 and Judgment, but drat if Woolie and V's LP has succeeded in making me want to get Like a Dragon sooner rather than later (so congrats Sega). I know that it's mostly a fresh start for the series until later in the game, so how bad are spoilers for earlier Yakuza games in it?

I am aware that Majima is in 7 at some point, I did get spoiled on that

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shinji2015 posted:

I've only played Kiwami 1 and Judgment, but drat if Woolie and V's LP has succeeded in making me want to get Like a Dragon sooner rather than later (so congrats Sega). I know that it's mostly a fresh start for the series until later in the game, so how bad are spoilers for earlier Yakuza games in it?

Most of them are fine (like the one you spoiled), but one of them REALLY assumes you've played 6.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

Most of it will just be character callbacks and references to previous side stuff, weaponry and pretty mundane things of that nature, you're overall safe. It's also an extremely good game, I was a huge skeptic about Ichiban, who is actually a 10/10 new protagonist and the turn-based combat model before release, but if you like solid JRPG combat with a bunch of extra whacky poo poo, it's great too, even if I do miss the action combat in my heart. Also they've been pretty liberal about putting it on sale, it's been like $40 a couple times already, so if you see it on another and that's good for you, pick it up.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

God, the latest Arkham episodes are a joyless slog. Woolie could've skipped playing the game and just uploaded an audio clip that randomly mixed long periods of heavy breathing and dead air with big boy passive aggressive sighs and basic, trivial observations about the game bookended by "I was a game designer, because that's what working an unskilled position as a playtester is, did you know that using the same assets more than once saves money?"

He was my favorite of the original group, but the dude is starting to give me serious Matt vibes- all he needs is to start showing up to every recording session drunk and they'd be indistinguishable. Like, this is literally just DSP with a marginally better mic setup.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Omi no Kami posted:

God, the latest Arkham episodes are a joyless slog. Woolie could've skipped playing the game and just uploaded an audio clip that randomly mixed long periods of heavy breathing and dead air with big boy passive aggressive sighs and basic, trivial observations about the game bookended by "I was a game designer, because that's what working an unskilled position as a playtester is, did you know that using the same assets more than once saves money?"

He was my favorite of the original group, but the dude is starting to give me serious Matt vibes- all he needs is to start showing up to every recording session drunk and they'd be indistinguishable. Like, this is literally just DSP with a marginally better mic setup.

watch him plat a game he enjoys instead like yakuza

also honestly "Matt vibes" are no longer really a thing since he's started doing his own stuff it's clear his disinterest was tied to having to work on the SBFP schedule

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Omi no Kami posted:

Hey now, give Matt some slack, his mom was in the hospital and that's the only reason he was drinking so much.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Hey now, give Matt some slack, his mom was in the hospital and that's the only reason he was drinking so much.

Oh, was it? That's a legit lovely situation, I'm sorry he had to deal with that... at the time I assumed he was just drinking to get through his day- the way he dealt with not liking his coworkers felt astonishingly immature and unprofessional (e.g. the demon's souls stream, where he basically just sat in the back and constantly interrupted to tell them both how much he didn't care), so I assumed it was more of the same. My bad! :(

(Also I hope he's found something he enjoys- no matter how much I dislike the man's content, nobody deserves to have a cruddy time.)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah around the time he was showing up pretty obviously sauced, his mom had recently had a major stroke and hospitalized, he was pretty cold in the ongoing LPs of the time too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also we've been dulled by it, but Pat is an infuriating person to be around 24/7 if you don't tip toe around his mind goblins or built up decades of immunity like Woolie

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Also we've been dulled by it, but Pat is an infuriating person to be around 24/7 if you don't tip toe around his mind goblins or built up decades of immunity like Woolie

It's not a huge mystery why the only old friend-of-the-channel who still hangs around Pat is Plague

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tae posted:

yeah paige was so infuriated by all that long-term unavoidable close contact she got engaged to him

we've all said some wild poo poo about the stuff these guys do that irritates us but unless you know the man personally this one's extra wild

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Patware posted:

yeah paige was so infuriated by all that long-term unavoidable close contact she got engaged to him

we've all said some wild poo poo about the stuff these guys do that irritates us but unless you know the man personally this one's extra wild

Astonishing username+post combo

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I don't think I'd get along with any of them in person, but I'll always lean towards Pat on the breakup just based on his behavior- the dude tried his best on pretty much every series I listened to, even the real stinkers he obviously wasn't enjoying, but matt tended to get really nasty, personal, and inappropriate really quickly. It's the sort of thing that would be classic toxic workplace behavior if he wasn't his own boss, and I mean, come on guys: nobody says you have to put up with the insane mind goblin man, but if you're incapable of even basic civility you need to bow out way sooner. In retrospect I really think Matt was done around late 2014 early 2015 at the latest.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat certainly has his bad moments, but for all that he's a weirdo he's always had the least for me (just let Woolie talk about his Vader comic goddamn Pat).

I rag on Woolie a lot because he's the worse of the two for me, but I obviously like the dude or I wouldn't have followed his poo poo for a decade. I just like him LESS than Pat.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Yeah... all four definitely had their moments, I think the real shame is that the chemistry of the original group was the best they ever managed, probably due to the exact same personality differences that caused friction.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I've been making the dark mistake of revisiting the old cast from start to finish and like, wow the signs were there.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

SethSeries posted:

I've been making the dark mistake of revisiting the old cast from start to finish and like, wow the signs were there.

Got any interesting moments to post? It's been ages since the old podcast

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

SethSeries posted:

Liam's good zingers barely made up for his contrarian bullshit, and Matt's sandbagging got really loving dire towards the end.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

I am not, but a guy named Finn with some gross lookin eyes and hair and like, hokey native feeling tattoos just gave me big ole nah man vibes.

Ah ha!

But seriously, yeah, a guy that looks like the evil DJ assassin from Zoolander isn't exactly on the top of my list either.

Omi no Kami posted:

Matt tended to get really nasty, personal, and inappropriate really quickly.

I also like the dude, but after going back and watching the old videos, it was clear that Matt was kind of a passive aggressive bully. Dude loved to dish it out, but pouted like a baby whenever he had to take it.

Also, it was clear Woolie really wasn't cool with the "lore" Matt would make up about him in the old channel after awhile. He's admitted it in a roundabout way several times during the Castle Superbeast podcast.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 27, 2021

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

Got any interesting moments to post? It's been ages since the old podcast

If folk are interested, I can actually write a real effort post as I go but the biggest thing early on that really struck me was when they were talking about Tales and it felt like Matt was legit upset, Liam was trying to smooth stuff out, Pat was going in and Woolie was indifferent. I am, like, 8 episodes in tho.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sega found Woolie's Brown Note: Grown Man in Diaper Summon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I also like the dude, but after going back and watching the old videos, it was clear that Matt was kind of a passive aggressive bully. Dude loved to dish it out, but pouted like a baby whenever he had to take it.

I wouldn't say "bully" but yeah. It actually reminded me of one of my closest friends, he's making jokes in good fun and everything but if you fire back he actually gets upset - not explicitly but you can see him get defensive and shut down when the tables turn on him, especially if people "gang up" on him.

I think that's one of the reasons why he did so well in duo LPs and working by himself, and why he hated the podcast.