Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

"We are against this bill because it's not quite draconian enough".

I don't know who Labour exist for. 55 year olds who had it ingrained in them from their parents that Tories bad but still support 85% of what the Tories do, people who still think the Iraq War was a good idea, but who else?

Specifically just these people I think. On the basis that they're the ones who will swing to voting Tory, everyone else can be ignored and will still largely fall in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're all chasing the exact same vote group , the inbred newspaper columnists and editors who all went to the same schools and grew up in the same neighbourhoods.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cheers BBC for the push notification consisting of a quote from Johnson that the protestors are a 'mob intent on violence' without any comment or elaboration. loving cunts.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

CGI Stardust posted:

[sega voice] Sex Arse!

sega voice, but with the TV unexpectedly loud

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The Chief Constable has reported that dozens of police were torn apart with hooks, Hellraiser style, by protesters in fetish gear.

The Chief Constable has clarified that dozens of police were not torn apart with hooks, but one officer did trip on a curb and suffered mild abrasions

Shocked to learn that police only give a poo poo about themselves

quote:

Hate crimes on police 'more likely to be charged'
Police officers reporting hateful abuse while on duty are much more likely than members of the public to see their attackers charged with hate crime, according to an investigation by BBC Newsnight and the Law Society Gazette.
x

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

Keir Starmer to call for a Sex Arse Czar to revitalise this dying industry.

peter stringfellow's face just flashed into my mind, thank you very much

like a pervert banshee

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

£150 for a sex arse.. i'm not made of money! :argh:

Wonder if there are any old RUC lads in the UK police force, they'd be right happy in the current enviroment.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

namesake posted:

Hmmm, is it somehow possible to submit a negative vote for Labour?

Yes. Vote Tory. Electing a Tory MP over a Labour one is effectively -2 votes for them.

Edit: given the existence of the PSNI almost certainly?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Angepain posted:

That sex arse story is how I discover Ever Given is 1312 feet long. Truly this ship is the revolutionary hero of our times

Why is it called that when it has Evergreen painted on its side in like 100 foot tall lettering anyway?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

feedmegin posted:

Why is it called that when it has Evergreen painted on its side in like 100 foot tall lettering anyway?

Evergreen is the owning company, they have a fleet of ships called various Ever ***** names

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

feedmegin posted:

Yes. Vote Tory. Electing a Tory MP over a Labour one is effectively -2 votes for them.

*in extremely Hans Moleman voice* Hmmm, no that's too negative.

I want that great feeling I had on November 4th when neither Biden nor Trump were really sure what was going to happen and there was a superposition of being able to feel like they were both losing. I want that again.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That picture of ¡Jeb! rejoicing over a map of the US, but instead it's Lord Buckethead over the UK

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
English weather chat. Yesterday it was 40 mile an hour winds and sleet (-5c with windchill). On tuesday it's going to be 19c.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

[sega voice] Sex Arse!
I can hear this in my head now. Someone make a YM2612 sing it.

also

e: ^^ 526°R Heatwave! :sun:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
loving hell those are terrifying scenes from Bristol :ohdear:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

stev posted:

Cheers BBC for the push notification consisting of a quote from Johnson that the protestors are a 'mob intent on violence' without any comment or elaboration. loving cunts.

The BBC article doesn't mention any violence by the police. Just lots of "well we were attacked so of course we had to retaliate. No don't ask why we were attacked in the first place" from the fash and the shite quote from Dodds.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Solidarity to anyone who was out there last night

It was loving rage-inducing watching the videos this morning & then looking at the headlines

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

stev posted:

If you don’t want random stabs of pointless rage throughout the day then why do you let the BBC send push notifications to your phone :confused:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Venomous posted:

tbh what do the Lib Dems stand for in 2021? At least when Ashdown and Kennedy were in charge, they were to the left of Labour and actually tried to be social democrats. Nowadays they're full of Orange Bookers, and idk what Ed Davey stands for but he sure as poo poo isn't doing anything to win back all the folks who voted Lib Dem in 2005, if indeed they're still alive.

Electoralism is useless lmao

Ed Davey is explicitly a neolib in favour of austerity. He's basically wannabe George Osborne it's pretty hilarious that he's leader of the LDs

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

The police shouldn't be allowed to use dogs or horses, and it's just more proof of authoritarian bootlickery that our "nation of animal lovers" gets up in arms at the wrong people when they're put in harm's way.

And I don't even like dogs or horses (cats and elephants 4 life), but they should be allowed to exist without being put to work for the ACAB.

e: and of course there's Finn's law, in further proof that laws named after people are bad even if those people are dogs, which limits how much you can defend yourself when being attacked by a police animal, without getting done for harming it.

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 27, 2021

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/paulhutcheon/status/1375777707678691328?s=19

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Bobstar posted:

And I don't even like dogs or horses (cats and elephants 4 life),

Imagining a world where Bobstar is king and the police patrol the streets on elephants and use sniffer cats

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

and nothing of value was lost

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Oh you mean the way the fairphone is modular so you can ship of Theseus it as it breaks?

Theseus got stack in Calais, you'll have to make to do with Trigger's Broom.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i do think the SNP is vulnerable to a new party coming in and splitting them right down the middle but i don't think anyone likes salmond at all so this seems like a poor attempt

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Communist Thoughts posted:

i do think the SNP is vulnerable to a new party coming in and splitting them right down the middle but i don't think anyone likes salmond at all so this seems like a poor attempt

If anything, it may help clear the party out of the dirt worst elements. I mean it still won't be a good party, but you know...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Imagining a world where Bobstar is king and the police patrol the streets on elephants and use sniffer cats
Waves of police riding into battle on impounded contraband sex arses.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Waves of police riding into battle on impounded contraband sex arses.

Contraband sex arse would also make an excellent username.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Perhaps Police Horses and Dogs are actually fascists too. At least they're in uniform now, wouldn't want a fascist Horse/Dog sneaking around society undetected.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oh my god pub dogs are cops

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Tweet dump of Bristol-related stories

Spoilered for images of the results of brutality: https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1375776979300016130?s=09

Labour being unsurprisingly poo poo: https://twitter.com/helen_charman/status/1375760307960811523?s=09

Bristol CLP: https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1375786799109435393?s=09

More Labour being poo poo: https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1375787862621351937?s=09

https://twitter.com/Dr_Polly_Hill/status/1375788762144329728?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I went back to sleep and feel less delirious now. Bugger me that vaccine hits you for six.

Just want to say gently caress the police and we must organize the lustbumproletariat.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If I wanted to report a tweet for fake news or disinformation, which option should I use? None of them seem to fit, as far as I can see.

Yes I know it's an exercise in futility but it's my time I'm wasting.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

^^ if it's vaccine/Covid related, I normally use the encouraging harm one, for what it's worth. Fake news regarding any kind of minority could be "directing hate against", I guess. But yeah there needs to be a "dangerous lies" button (there will never be a "dangerous lies" button)

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Hey

If I'm king, nobody's riding any elephants.

Sniffer cats sounds good though

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Entirely anecdotally (based on friends/people I work with) there do seem to be a fairly broad bunch of folk, all 50+ who vote SNP because they're strong believers in independence but absolutely loathe Sturgeon herself for either what they see as laws that are her fault personally (minimum alcohol pricing or covid restrictions) or just dislike her because she's not alex salmond and they're misogynists who don't like powerful women. I'm assuming he's going to come in, go on about how he's "straight talking", make references to her handling of the pandemic and peel off some older voters maybe.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
sniffer cat is brought in, completely ignores the suspicious package, curls up in the corner and goes to sleep

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That squirrel across the road is definitely a terrorist tho

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Guavanaut posted:

That squirrel across the road is definitely a terrorist tho

You are Jo Swinson and I claim my £5.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's not trying this though. If they wanted to split the SNP they'd be running in constituencies. They aren't. The intention is to pick up SNP list votes that would otherwise be wasted, because right now most regions return 0 SNP MSPs on the list, in order to ensure a pro-indy majority.

Of course that ignores that the Scottish Greens exist & are already where SNP 2nd votes should go, with the added bonus of not being lead by a harasser with an ego the size of Ben Nevis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So let the Scot Greens take the non-bigots and the Alba party take the numpties.