Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao breadtube

Is Lindsay Ellis considered breadtube? The videos I've seen seem to be more more focused on the craft of film than the politics. I'll admit I've only seen a small fraction of her, uh, oeuvre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

sonatinas posted:

FFG can eat it too.

:haibrow:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
death to those who mock Orb Mom

https://twitter.com/BloodyCoup/status/1375808138646020102

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
I’m in LA and I’ve been at the protests where over 100 people were arrested, including journalists, for trying to defend an unhoused encampment from a planned sweep. Love loving in the deep blue portion of Biden’s America

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Jimmy John’s has libertarian posters making GBS threads on workers all over there walls.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Sjs00 posted:

What conditions would need to be met for traffic deaths to be on a downward trend? I feel like they were always going to go up quarantine only affected smart people so of course all the chuds and idiot carheads started cratering. its all just concerning, surprising in a tiresome way

What do you mean by this?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

hahahaha

looking forward to seeing counterprotestors this summer with their "ACTUALLY:" signs.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the 2016 lover posted:

I’m in LA and I’ve been at the protests where over 100 people were arrested, including journalists, for trying to defend an unhoused encampment from a planned sweep. Love loving in the deep blue portion of Biden’s America

lol, good thing newsom vetoed that law that would've protected reporters at protests.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

counterprotestors are gonna be like those wall street assholes clinking their champagne glasses while the occupy folks were in the streets.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the 2016 lover posted:

Have you considered that all of these issues have somehow now become more complicated than they were eight months ago? Extremely complicated. So complicated we must abandon all of our plans and demands and talk endlessly about them and how the issues not being resolved is logical and expected?

Have you also considered that the sociopaths that have so little shame they can just seamlessly make this transition in public to satisfy their own need for money or mental calm are the ones who are right and you should be happy with the situation? They are getting paid and are no longer afraid of The Enemy. What more could you want? Would you prefer the enemy?

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 16:09 on Mar 27, 2021

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Raccooon posted:

Jimmy John’s has libertarian posters making GBS threads on workers all over there walls.

yeah they even have a fake set of Bill Gates quotes straight out of a early 2000s chain email bitching about baggy pants or some poo poo

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Libs love gun control but hate universal healthcare because gun control would take something away from the working class (gun culture) but universal healthcare would give something to the working class that the Libs already have (good healthcare).

It's the same reason they're all about taking Bubba's mustang and demolishing old, cheap used cars, but not about nuclearizing the power grid.

The whole point is to oppress the lower classes, who they see as their moral inferiors, while feeling morally superior themselves.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Lmao this is an amazing take. Laws are just words, you're really going to get upset about words?? loving owned

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

i figure that hex on the moon also covers his smooth white dome

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

fart simpson posted:

shootings didn’t come back, they never left. 2020 saw almost 700 mass shootings in america, more than any previous year i saw data on. we are only on track for 500 this year at current rates, which would be back to “normal”

How could trump allow this

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fart simpson posted:

shootings didn’t come back, they never left. 2020 saw almost 700 mass shootings in america, more than any previous year i saw data on. we are only on track for 500 this year at current rates, which would be back to “normal”

School shootings stopped which are the only thing white liberals, e.g. the media, cares about

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1375818052525297665

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Line Feed posted:

What do you mean by this?

that was in regards to recent traffic patterns during Covid. The correct, defensive driver esque response this year has been to just stop driving and WFH. so naturally everyone who doesn't do that is statistically more likely to be a Nascar driver in their Acura or truck or what have you.
I scrapped my car for rent money

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

mastershakeman posted:

School shootings stopped which are the only thing white liberals, e.g. the media, cares about

No they did not stop

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Organ Fiend posted:

Libs love gun control but hate universal healthcare because gun control would take something away from the working class (gun culture) but universal healthcare would give something to the working class that the Libs already have (good healthcare).

It's the same reason they're all about taking Bubba's mustang and demolishing old, cheap used cars, but not about nuclearizing the power grid.

The whole point is to oppress the lower classes, who they see as their moral inferiors, while feeling morally superior themselves.

+1

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Speaking of, how goes it in parallel universe #4325?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Sjs00 posted:

that was in regards to recent traffic patterns during Covid. The correct, defensive driver esque response this year has been to just stop driving and WFH. so naturally everyone who doesn't do that is statistically more likely to be a Nascar driver in their Acura or truck or what have you.
I scrapped my car for rent money

This is deranged. First, only certain people even had the opportunity to make that choice. Second, I don’t think many WFH people stopped driving entirely, just commuting during commuting hours

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember when Marianne Williams was clearly the best choice early in the dem primary?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh boy

https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1375831718633029633

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Can't wait to see another spontaneous coup

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

haha holy poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just thinking about managers that get super mad if you're on your phone at work and there isn't gently caress all to do. WHY AREN'T YOU SCRUBBING THE FLOORS OR DOING SOME SORT OF BULLSHIT BUSY WORK!??

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bolivia arrest the woman who literally staged a coup last year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
america's coup plotter also walks free

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

1stGear posted:

Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bolivia arrest the woman who literally staged a coup last year

Preventing the us from loving up your country is the real coup.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

1stGear posted:

the coup gov't also killed a few dozen protestors and injured hundreds

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol, the libs are arguing that the proposed milage tax isn't all that bad.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I'm glad for the hand tax for not meeting quota, I think as I look at my daughter's left hand on the ground.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

1stGear posted:

yes and that's bad, america needs to export its number one value of never punishing a government official for anything.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is deranged. First, only certain people even had the opportunity to make that choice. Second, I don’t think many WFH people stopped driving entirely, just commuting during commuting hours

I live in the driving capital of the world so my perspective is skewed but the numbers don't really lie
yeah its deranged to think Americans would act and drive sensibly during pandemic emergency why did you even respond to my post

Sjs00 has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Mar 27, 2021

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DoomTrainPhD posted:

of course they are, why wouldn't they

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

DoomTrainPhD posted:

buhh don't you know we already have a gas tax that works like this so it's really not any different and it's all good....... you loving dumbass

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DoomTrainPhD posted:

yeah

James Medlock... is bad

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

buhh don't you know we already have a gas tax that works like this so it's really not any different and it's all good....... you loving dumbass

Prius owners not paying their fair share! Scofflaw free riders!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

Just thinking about managers that get super mad if you're on your phone at work and there isn't gently caress all to do. WHY AREN'T YOU SCRUBBING THE FLOORS OR DOING SOME SORT OF BULLSHIT BUSY WORK!??

It never made sense to me why so many people in so many industries all independently and organically develop that mentality. It isn't business school tropes because a lot of people don't go to college for this work anymore. It isn't a noble pursuit of brilliant and moral Work Ethic because the employees can do zero work as long as they are moving when they do it.

My ultimate conclusion is that it's a sign of raw stupidity.

You could make a chimp understand more work = more thing but where we are supposed to transcend to a slightly different level of critical thinking is being able to process additional variables. I'm sure if you promoted Mr Bobo to a Director level position he would start flinging poo poo and his adorable chimp sized hard hat across the floor when employees stopped working but what we are supposed to be able to understand is that the production line has to remain in a holding pattern for approval/parts/personnel that can arrive any second but have not yet. Screaming at people to go do busywork somewhere else actually loses money because when that approval/parts/personnel finally arrives at your line you now have to take additional steps to get everything ready again or this is the straw that broke the camels back and one of your trained experienced employees can not stomach being screamed at one more time and walks out?

Did your employee completely cover all inventory, cleaning and maintenance tasks in their completely empty department on a random Wednesday afternoon? WHY THE gently caress AREN'T YOU MOVING? YOU ARE BEING PAID.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Sep 12, 2021