Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gripweed posted:

hell yeahh video games are good again

Hell yeah

Thanks Rarity and CubeTheory and anyone else who stopped in but didn’t chat! And thanks RazzleDazzleHour for showing up last night, sorry I wasn’t more entertaining. I couldn’t find the goddamn mushrooms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

wuggles posted:

I couldn’t find the goddamn mushrooms

why didn't you say anything i've got a shrooms guy

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I just got linked to a Tim Follin playlist and wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mmn7siswJY

Why is this snes ost a straight up YES album? I love that to bits lol

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

wuggles posted:

Hell yeah

Thanks Rarity and CubeTheory and anyone else who stopped in but didn’t chat! And thanks RazzleDazzleHour for showing up last night, sorry I wasn’t more entertaining. I couldn’t find the goddamn mushrooms

Oh np I only left because my friends started streaming the Dota major going on

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VideoGames posted:

Thank you if you came and watched me stumble and succeed through some more Dark Souls 2. I had a super wicked time and made so much progress I almost cannot believe it. From shrine of Amana to the point where I am apparently to defeat the final boss. However we are not doing that but going to attempt the dlc from this point on :)

I got invaded a bunch and one invader used a lag cheat to make every hit not regsister unless they were doing the hitting but luckily I died next to a bonfire.

I went into the memories of a tree. I beat a tough old knight. A baffling frog. I finished a sub quest of an npc I very nearly aggroed on my first meeting. I acesticed a bonfire to make sure I could do that quest as well. I visited the London museum and was attacked by the main exhibit.

It was a wonderful adventure and I enjoy it more thanks to your company :3:

It was super entertaining! As much as I love replaying the souls games, you can only really experience them blind once, and that's the best run you'll get. I've played all the soulsbornes a dozen times now, but getting to watch you puzzle through the things i've done a dozen times is really satisfying. Vicariously experiencing it fresh all over again :) Def wanna check out your future streams.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NoContextSilent/status/1375830397733511175?s=20

Can't accuse them of not knowing the audience.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Gotta admit, that's pretty funny on its own merit. They actually made that cardboard cutout life-sized. Well, undeath-sized.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I keep meaning to watch this anime

What is "Mages"

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Is Balan Wonderworld real?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I keep meaning to watch this anime

What is "Mages"

That's the name of the developer. You should watch Laid Back Camp, it's very chill and good.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is "Mages"

a synonym for wizards

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NG2: I'm very near the end of the game now and it is not messing around. Room after room of the most bullshit enemies which require super aggressive play and/or a load of cheesing. I'm at the last save point now so all being good I'll be beating this game in my next play session :pray:

And then comes MGS4 :getin:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Baller Time posted:

Is Balan Wonderworld real?

one way to find out op

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's a psyop. Don't fall for it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

That's the name of the developer. You should watch Laid Back Camp, it's very chill and good.

Thank you, I was hoping to learn what kinds of games they develop lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thank you, I was hoping to learn what kinds of games they develop lol

They made Steins Gate

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Laid Back Musou

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They made Steins Gate

Franken Stein's Gate

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

got the first credits for the village in mh rise, which im assuming is the end of low rank, no one has told me I'm in high rank yet and these quests don't look very HR but idk there were credits

its a very funny game, the polar opposite of world to the point that its almost a parody. the stakes in the story are probably the lowest theyve ever been in a monster hunter but they still have the fully voiced and animated cutscenes from world in there so its mostly just incredibly detailed videos of people telling you that you're hunting the monsters real good. last scene before the credits the village chief bestows upon you a giant ceremonial sword that hadn't been a thing up to this point but in any other game would be filled with Meaning. then you talk to the guild lady and she's like "what happens next? uh I don't think anything in particular will happen, its just a big sword. chief said he's been looking to get rid of it for awhile"

maybe the story will take a turn in HR but I kind of hope it doesn't

I love these ridiculous rear end poems that every monster gets.

"Is it hare? Or is it bear? It is neither so beware! It will drench the snow with blood and wreak nothing but despair."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks more like a koala really

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's a Rabbid!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I realized that the Astro Bots are just Rabbids except not creepyweird

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I realized that the Astro Bots are just Rabbids except not creepyweird

Rabbids are just minions

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

And then comes MGS4 :getin:

hell yeah i'm in act 2 and it's p. good

it's a little tough playing it right after 3, which is a platonic ideal video game, but it's not as bad as I expected

the drebin cutscenes are interminable though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NG2: And that's it, the Archfiend is dead! All in all this game was an absolute romp from start to finish. I loved the combat, it was super complex but when it clicked it felt like flowing through water. I loved the environments from a smoke-shrouded Mt. Fuji to an Amazon bathed in blood and from the cold streets of Moscow to literal Hell and all expressed in some of the most beautiful graphics I've seen up to this point. Like, these environments would still hold up today I reckon. The story was a huge step up from the first game as well and Ryu is so loving cool. The only negative thing I'd say is that too many of the bosses are basically puzzles where if you don't do exactly what the game is asking you to do you're gonna get stomped. But the rest of the bosses were incredible, so much fun. People should talk about this game more.

Anyway I'll now be moving on to Metal Gear Solid 4. Here's what I know about this game:

1. Snake's old now
2. Raiden's cool now
3. NANOMACHINES

I'm really excited for this one!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Rabbids are just minions

actually minions are just rabbids
:goonsay:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I do not like rabbids but they came 9 years before minions and we must respect this

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Rabbids are just minions

The rabbids first appeared in 2006 and minions didn't appear until 2010 :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lotta Rabbid experts on this forum...

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I could have sworn there was a find games you forgot about thread, but I can't find that either lol

Can anybody help me identify this game from these random loving bits and pieces?

- It came out in the early 2000s
- It was top down, but still 3D, so like Neverwinter Nights style or something
- It was set in a dystopian future/society
- The male protagonist had like...really short blond hair and round sunglasses that were orange maybe? Pretty sure his face was on the cover of the game or marketing materials.
- The game was themed around psychic abilities and combat
- There was definitely a set piece in which you are held captive in some Running Man-esque game show where the contestants answer questions and die if they get them wrong on broadcast.
- It is not a well-known or remembered game

I feel like the game title had something to do with Inferno/Infernal maybe? Certainly there was some pyrokinetic based powers. Maybe it just began with the letter I? Google is singularly unhelpful.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lotta Rabbid experts on this forum...

Waaaaaaaah

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

I could have sworn there was a find games you forgot about thread, but I can't find that either lol
It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

Description doesn't mean anything to me, although "dude with orange glasses" sounds a bit like the protagonist of that ancient Shadowrun game.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Cardiovorax posted:

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

Description doesn't mean anything to me, although "dude with orange glasses" sounds a bit like the protagonist of that ancient Shadowrun game.

tyty

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

excited for Rarity's MGS4 playthrough to unlock 13-year-old memories for me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Rarity posted:

People should talk about this game more.

The only version not on the Xbox is Sigma 2 and it’s wildly different with added set piece boss fights like the Statue of Liberty and about a third of the amount of enemies overall. They also removed the blood which is baffling and added chapters where your forced to play as different characters which aren’t nearly as fun as Ryu. I found it less impactful overall.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love these ridiculous rear end poems that every monster gets.

they're really fantastic. they make even the chump monsters seem menacing!

the poem i posted last night is the one for Great Baggi and it actually gives me chills a bit lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hatty posted:

The only version not on the Xbox is Sigma 2 and it’s wildly different with added set piece boss fights like the Statue of Liberty and about a third of the amount of enemies overall. They also removed the blood which is baffling and added chapters where your forced to play as different characters which aren’t nearly as fun as Ryu. I found it less impactful overall.

They also announced recently that the original Ninja Gaiden 2 project files have been lost, so the upcoming rerelease is going to be based on Sigma because that's the only way it could happen at all. Oh well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hatty posted:

The 360 was really popular though!

wuggles posted:

excited for Rarity's MGS4 playthrough to unlock 13-year-old memories for me

I'm so hype! I love liveposting games which everyone knows, it always makes the journey more fun :D

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i moved my ps3 out to the living room to prep for eventually replaying the mgs games and rarity's liveposts will probably be what pushes me to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

i moved my ps3 out to the living room to prep for eventually replaying the mgs games and rarity's liveposts will probably be what pushes me to start

Tip for MGS1, I found that turning off the upscaling feature in the PS3 display options made PS1 & PS2 games look dramatically better on my TV.