Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm apparently getting stabbed on Monday, how many of you who had bastard sickness afterwards had the MMR jab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

edit: Redacted for me not reading the damned question correctly.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 27, 2021

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
I've been looking through the IOPC's investigation reports today (as one does) and stumbled upon this doozy of a report that's honestly kind of :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: even taking into account everything we know about the glorious Met popos. Cv: discussions of sexual assault (and eager discussions of performing sexual assault), misogyny and generally intolerably-high levels of sleaze.

What's interesting is that apparently none of the five, uh, men mentioned in this report got fired, apparently getting off with written warnings and such. Kind of puts the whole Sarah Everard thing into perspective.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Tesseraction posted:

I'm apparently getting stabbed on Monday, how many of you who had bastard sickness afterwards had the MMR jab?

I had the mmr long ago. Basically no serious side effects with Pfizer though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ThomasPaine posted:

It seems the bastard sickness seems more common with the AZ. Me and my dad got the AZ and both felt like shite, my stepmum got the Pfizer and was fine.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No top shelf vaccine for us, vaccine box wine instead.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Heading to the Nottingham protest, apparently the fash are about but Nottinghamshire police are usually not as baton happy as the Met or A&S

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MikeCrotch posted:

Heading to the Nottingham protest, apparently the fash are about but Nottinghamshire police are usually not as baton happy as the Met or A&S

Hope it goes well, stay safe friend

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
There are like 2 coppers here lol

Probably because the protest is in the middle of a field and we aren't really threatening anything

The fash turned up and got kettled though, they are currently singing Wonderwall and clearly pissed out of their heads

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

There are like 2 coppers here lol

Probably because the protest is in the middle of a field and we aren't really threatening anything

The fash turned up and got kettled though, they are currently singing Wonderwall and clearly pissed out of their heads

What kind of fascists are they being? Are they
a) just there to fight lefties
b) there because they are fascists and believe that more state/police power is a good thing
c) there to protest against police powers because it's in the hand of a liberal state
d) there to sing Wonderwall and get drunk?

Partially joking but also genuinely curious where fascists are standing on this one.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Mostly a and d I think

They were also planning on a march to some nearby war memorial or something? I'd not heard they were about until today tbh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Waves of police riding into battle on impounded contraband sex arses.

ARSE MEN, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEE :black101:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Just Another Lurker posted:

Thirtysix hours of feeling washed out/drained, then back to normal. Get second jab in May.

ThomasPaine posted:

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It seems the bastard sickness seems more common with the AZ. Me and my dad got the AZ and both felt like shite, my stepmum got the Pfizer and was fine.

Yeah, figure it'll be just my luck to get AZ but hey, if it makes you feel like poo poo at least it's doing something.

MikeCrotch posted:

It took me way longer than it should have to realise you weren't talking about the police being kettled.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/catherinecadams/status/1375845874434244612

https://twitter.com/NavajoChris/status/1375849082963513347

https://twitter.com/SomersetLive/status/1375848531681026051

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Manchester really going for it huh lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MikeCrotch posted:

Manchester really going for it huh lol

Looks like

https://twitter.com/_JD_Black/status/1375833486758707210

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

tempted to go protest in manchester since thats the closest but im also a lazy bastard and dont feel like getting the train to get my poo poo kicked in by the filth

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
There's like a whole group of people here dressed as the dang joker??

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

MikeCrotch posted:

There's like a whole group of people here dressed as the dang joker??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX_wprkggoE

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/aaronbastani/status/1375837544374501383?s=21

Christ

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Tesseraction posted:

I thought basically everyone in the country had had the MMR jab

My wife got Pfizer and I got AZ and we had roughly the same reaction - bit feverish overnight and then felt like crap for most of the next day but not horrendously bad.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maugrim posted:

I thought basically everyone in the country had had the MMR jab

My wife got Pfizer and I got AZ and we had roughly the same reaction - bit feverish overnight and then felt like crap for most of the next day but not horrendously bad.

It's apparently only likely if you're under 40. Prior to that were three separate vaccinations, which people weren't always consistent about getting. There seems to be a correlation between those who had the MMR vaccine and greater ability to survive covid, but more pertinently there seems to be a correlation between people with MMR and the AZ jab punching you in the organs.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Tesseraction posted:

It's apparently only likely if you're under 40. Prior to that were three separate vaccinations, which people weren't always consistent about getting. There seems to be a correlation between those who had the MMR vaccine and greater ability to survive covid, but more pertinently there seems to be a correlation between people with MMR and the AZ jab punching you in the organs.

Ah. Yeah we're 39 and 40 respectively and I'm pretty sure we have both had the MMR. I didn't know that and it's interesting - got a source?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sure it was in this article https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/6/e02628-20

Also, dogs are comrades https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1375855008210579456

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Nottingham is quite a fash place. Farage went there on his ridiculous Brexit march. It's changed a lot since the days of Robin Hood.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Um, if you are under 40 you are likely to have a strong immune response to the type of vaccine AZ is, you are also going to have had the MMR.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Nottingham itself is pretty left though a bit soft nowadays, but it's surrounded by pretty fash towns. Nottinghamshire is a combo of deprived ex-mining towns and psycho suburbanites, it's had a few BNP uprisings in the recent past

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i reckon friar tuck would poo poo nigel farage for breakfast

just headbutt the oval office, out cold he'd be

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nottingham is that strange kind of place where dead centre it’s really nice and then the moment you get out of the tourist zone it all goes to poo poo.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I remember being quite regularly baffled about wtf was going on when an edl march I hadn't heard about was cunting up Notts city centre when I lived there 2007-2011.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Back when I went to uni in the 00s a girl from there told me it was the #1 place for stabbings in the country. Is that still true?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We call it “Shottingham” in Derbyshire which tends to make people from Nottingham quite cross.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I was in Derby once when either an EDL or Britain First march materialised, whichever one it was it was led by Jayda Fransen and a loudhailer. The market stallholders were furious, because the police hadn't warned them and suddenly there were racists everywhere.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

One of the big things during my freshers orientation thing at Nottingham was that it was no longer the #1 city for knife/gun crime. That was in 2009 though.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
The main Nottingham myths when I was at uni there were:

1. It had the highest incidence of gun crime in the UK

2. THE RATIO OF GIRLS TO BOYS AT NOTTINGHAM IS LIKE 9:1 BRO!!!!

I never saw any empirical evidence that either were true. But I never got shot, and rarely got laid, so I think both must have been lies.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My sister went there and someone got shot around the corner from her house.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Real shame the violence doers in Nottingham haven't got the pride in they're ancestry to be mainly using bows and arrows.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Notts is a scab county, they may yet redeem themselves I guess.

Be a shame if the protests started using tactics. Cops these days don’t know how lucky they are, back in the day people had pitchforks, mattocks and billhooks.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The street I spent a year in rented housing as a UoN student was apparently the most burgled in the uk, so that was nice. We never got got while I was there but our neighbours did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I had a mate who went to uni in Nottingham and I went to a couple of decent night's out there at a weirdly big indy disco I think was called rock city? She was doing some sort of chemistry that meant her mates were all hooked up with a solid supply of drugs.

She told me she was having a massive party before she left butI couldn't be arsed to get the train down. Later that night another mate called me from the scene to say that apparently she'd become a swinger and was actually hosting an orgy. I think she ended up working for some oil company in a horrifying dictatorship somewhere.

That is my Nottingham story.