Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
whoops accidentally blocked the channel through which 12% of total global trade passes.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Just hit it with a phoenix down. n00bs

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I was thinking about the Red Dead Online bridge glitch video the other day so thank you for the earworm.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

dead gay comedy forums posted:

yeah, I know that; I am purely curious from the nautical standpoint because I know jack poo poo about that lmao

it's vastly more expensive and far less profitable to go all the way down around the cape of good hope to transport goods between asia and europe. longer trips mean more fuel required to make the journey, meaning that you either dump cargo for fuel or make ungainly stops along the way to refuel. you're also paying people more hours and likely going to deal with more operational problems on the ships themselves, because sitting in a metal bucket with nothing to do for two weeks is unbelievably poo poo and will drive even relatively stable men mad if done long enough

the example of a blocked artery has been used a few times before and it's completely apt, because the modern economic paradigm of trade between asia and europe literally could not exist without the suez canal

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

https://twitter.com/Noowainy/status/1375761454733922305

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Oh come the gently caress on, this is getting ridiculous writers.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

impressively powerful mimetic influences

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

idgi

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

your loss

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

for some reason i find these absolute hilarious

translation posted:

On fresh satellite images, several ships were found near the entrance to the Suez Canal. Obviously, they want to say something to the global economy.
At the moment, their message is being deciphered.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Vermain posted:

likely going to deal with more operational problems on the ships themselves, because sitting in a metal bucket with nothing to do for two weeks is unbelievably poo poo and will drive even relatively stable men mad if done long enough

The sad thing is the sea passages are the enjoyable part and the port stays suck. We're in an era of bare bones manning and a port a day for weeks, two weeks cruising through the boonies would be a vacation for a container ship crew.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

They're gonna stop at every port between aden and marrakesh, running with just the minimal amount of fuel.
Europe is already having production stoppages due to semi conductor shortages, I wonder what kind of stupid dumb fuckery this is gonna cause.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

it's vastly more expensive and far less profitable to go all the way down around the cape of good hope to transport goods between asia and europe. longer trips mean more fuel required to make the journey, meaning that you either dump cargo for fuel or make ungainly stops along the way to refuel. you're also paying people more hours and likely going to deal with more operational problems on the ships themselves, because sitting in a metal bucket with nothing to do for two weeks is unbelievably poo poo and will drive even relatively stable men mad if done long enough

the example of a blocked artery has been used a few times before and it's completely apt, because the modern economic paradigm of trade between asia and europe literally could not exist without the suez canal

I dunno, if Jack Aubrey and his boys could survive a month in the doldrums with gaol fever ripping through the ship and only wind up with half the crew dead, I'm sure a moden boat with smartphones could survive with an acceptable attrition rate.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Oh no the PlayStations!

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

limaCAT posted:

Oh no the PlayStations!

Sorry, I can't here you over my desktop tower :smug:

I really need to upgrade my fans :(

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

They're gonna stop at every port between aden and marrakesh, running with just the minimal amount of fuel.
Europe is already having production stoppages due to semi conductor shortages, I wonder what kind of stupid dumb fuckery this is gonna cause.

I thought the standard was bunkers in the middle east, bunkers offshore at cape town, bunkers near the destination, on that run in container service?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
observe just how massively this one incident in this one place fucks up our system and get ready for a constant stream of severe insults to that system occurring constantly as the side effects of global warming become more and more severe.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Post pics of the anthropomorphized giantess ship being just destroyed by the tiny anthropomorphized backhoe.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

:eyepop:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1375057704805367810?s=19

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cyrillic just looks like drunk a drunk latin alphabet, what is going on?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are there Cyrillic twitter posts being shared and why are they supposed to be funny

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Well the first one is loss

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I figured it was something funnier than a loss.jpg take tho

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
how is that sattelite picture loss.jpeg?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
oh nevermind I zoomed into the red box

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

OK baizuo posted:

Yeah I figured it was something funnier than a loss.jpg take tho

Impossible, it's the funniest thing.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Marzzle posted:

impressively powerful mimetic influences

Where do I sign up for the Church of Kek?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I do not recognize the memetics in the water.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

OK baizuo posted:

Why are there Cyrillic twitter posts being shared and why are they supposed to be funny

there is a big boat stuck in a canal that is blocking my PlayStation from getting delivered. try to show some compassion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Lib and let die posted:

I do not recognize the memetics in the water.