Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So the Virginia Beach shootings sounds like everyone brought guns to a fistfight?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/us/virginia-beach-shootings/index.html

quote:

The initial shooting call came after a group of people got into an argument, the Virginia Beach Police Department (VBPD) said.

"At some point during the physical altercation, several individuals produced firearms and began shooting at each other, resulting in numerous people being wounded," the release said.

Nearby, a uniformed VBPD officer "encountered an armed citizen which resulted in a police involved shooting," according to the press release. An adult male died from his injuries at the scene, police said.
At some point while all of this was going on, a VBPD officer was hit by a vehicle, according to the release.

The police shooting might not even have been connected to the shootout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

So the Virginia Beach shootings sounds like everyone brought guns to a fistfight?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/us/virginia-beach-shootings/index.html

The police shooting might not even have been connected to the shootout?

Cop absolutely shot first.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Samadhi posted:

Why did you name the same people twice

To differentiate toadys like baked alaska

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

me, starting at a beautiful day outside and thinking I should exercise more:

https://twitter.com/smod4real/status/1375242334409949184?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samadhi posted:

Why did you name the same people twice

It's a rectangle/square situation, all cops are fascist, not all fascists are cops

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I refuse to believe there are actually people that eat at Arby’s anyway. It’s gotta be a front for something

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
loving "Hamsterdam" from The Wire actually loving works.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1375624879744163841?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What have we done?

https://twitter.com/Dreamworks/status/1375583346961625095

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

I refuse to believe there are actually people that eat at Arby’s anyway. It’s gotta be a front for something

Beef and Cheddar is the truth, friend.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Y'know, I done some thinking, and if I'm in charge of this big boat situation I just slam another big boat into the first big boat. That'll teach the fucker.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

Y'know, I done some thinking, and if I'm in charge of this big boat situation I just slam another big boat into the first big boat. That'll teach the fucker.

The US Navy offered to help I saw, and I am not convinced that this is not their plan.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

The US Navy offered to help I saw, and I am not convinced that this is not their plan.

The US Navy has extremely good engineers. That being said what the gently caress do you aside from just keep digging.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dunno but I do love scrolling through comments when there's a news article and seeing everyone's solutions.

One gentleman suggested a tow plane to lift it up as well as pull it forward.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Everyone probably has their Dunning Kruger armchair quarterback moments, but it is very funny to me to have people rolling their eyes and saying there's a real obvious solution to moving a 1/4 mile long ship that's stuck on the other side of the world.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I dunno but I do love scrolling through comments when there's a news article and seeing everyone's solutions.

One gentleman suggested a tow plane to lift it up as well as pull it forward.

At one point in time the American military batted around the idea of nuclear powered planes, kinda like the subs, so they could fly for 6-12 months without landing, but they were way too heavy to be practical (air is different than water). Maybe a hypothetical version of that could generate enough lift to make a difference?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Have they tried attaching a rocket to the bow and a rocket to the stern and firing them in opposite directions

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Everyone probably has their Dunning Kruger armchair quarterback moments, but it is very funny to me to have people rolling their eyes and saying there's a real obvious solution to moving a 1/4 mile long ship that's stuck on the other side of the world.

I have solutions for global hunger and homelessness available at the drop of the hat. Boat stuck, I'm loving useless.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Have they tried attaching a rocket to the bow and a rocket to the stern and firing them in opposite directions

Don't give Elon Musk ideas.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Anyone else get that circle band-aid they put on before the vaccine, then they just put the needle through it? Never seen it before, but a coworker and I who went to different Wal-Marts for it both got them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Anyone else get that circle band-aid they put on before the vaccine, then they just put the needle through it? Never seen it before, but a coworker and I who went to different Wal-Marts for it both got them.

I haven't gotten the COVID vaccine (curse my young skinny body with no health issues) but I've gotten most of the other vaccines and no.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Quiet Feet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5JiPj9c98Y

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Thats to boost your adrenochrome levels for later when Hillary comes knocking.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Thank you for the well wishes, friends. Until about an hour ago, I had been in bed since Thursday night. Didn't go to the ED, just slept, sipped water, and slept more. I don't know if it was a 24-hour stomach thing or what, but 36 hours of rest seems to have done the trick, as I actually feel like half of a human being today.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I had a dream that Atma posted an Evergreen.exe CYOA thread in GBS and the first two dozen responses were "build a Goku."

I then woke up and looked on my phone and sadly it was not the case. :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Timby posted:

Thank you for the well wishes, friends. Until about an hour ago, I had been in bed since Thursday night. Didn't go to the ED, just slept, sipped water, and slept more. I don't know if it was a 24-hour stomach thing or what, but 36 hours of rest seems to have done the trick, as I actually feel like half of a human being today.

I had a dream that Atma posted an Evergreen.exe CYOA thread in GBS and the first two dozen responses were "build a Goku."

Glad you’re okay. We were about 12 hours away from forming a search party.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Timby posted:

Glad you're okay, Timby!

unrelated

https://twitter.com/Noowainy/status/1375761454733922305

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 28, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Timby posted:

glad you're doing okay :)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ehud posted:

Glad you’re okay. We were about 12 hours away from forming a search party.

I think some folks from a few other forums' Secret Santas have my home address, but really I'm not terribly hard to find given my last name and a public records search. :v: I did have an ex-girlfriend call in a welfare check on me, though, which was a lot of fun, answering the door to a pair of cops with tattered hair, a ten-year-old Baltimore Orioles T-shirt and gym shorts, looking like a homeless man. But while I don't feel anywhere near 100 percent, I do feel better-ish. I'm going to make a run to the grocery store in a little bit to pick up some things like Ensure, because while I haven't had any nausea, I have zero appetite but I know I need to keep my nutrition up.

I wish my Cyrillic skills were less rusty, as I'm having a devil of a time translating that (admittedly, I haven't had to read or write Cyrillic regularly since 2000-01, nor speak Russian since 2002).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If this isn’t real and is just a photoshop I will hunt you down and destroy you.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thanks for checking in with us Timby. Really great to hear you're feeling better.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Timby posted:

I wish my Cyrillic skills were less rusty, as I'm having a devil of a time translating that (admittedly, I haven't had to read or write Cyrillic regularly since 2000-01, nor speak Russian since 2002).

Oh, I'm clueless about Cyrillic, I just hit the Google translate button

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Giggling at the thought of a giant rear end container ship version of those whirlybird fireworks that spin really fast and zip straight up into the air, flinging shipping containers miles across Egypt.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Timby posted:

Everything is loss.gif

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

shirts and skins posted:

Oh, I'm clueless about Cyrillic, I just hit the Google translate button

Yeah, I mean, that's always there, but I learned both Cyrillic and Russian in 1996 - early 97 (when I was ... 12, Jesus) the first time we adopted from Russia--I've always had a facility for languages, picking up Finnish and Spanish at a very early age, so I said I would learn and be the de facto translator between my parents and my siblings, who were 8 and 6 when they were adopted--and then in 2000, we adopted their older sister, who was 13 at the time, so I had to basically re-learn everything again, especially because at that advanced age, Maria's Russian was a lot more ingrained, so it took a very long time for her to get the grasp of even rudimentary English. (To this day, she speaks in pretty broken English and has the worst time with singular-plural and noun-subject agreement, but she communicates clearly enough to be raising two beautiful daughters and holding down a management position at a Dollar General, so good for her.) Anyway, I spent so much time learning the language, I try to keep up with it as much I can. At this point, it's more useful than the five years of Latin I took in high school / college. :suicide:

Edit:

saintonan posted:

Everything is loss.gif

oh my god :laffo:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Grinch act

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1375540059059978241?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

GRIAC act

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Dr Seuss Estate decided to stop publishing certain books? What the gently caress would this do?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Did you guys really try and translate the message in that tweet and not realize what was going on? Lmao

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/RandomAthletess/status/1375959589389279235?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

The Dr Seuss Estate decided to stop publishing certain books? What the gently caress would this do?

It does nothing and won’t make it out of committee because it does nothing but they might get some donations to the GOP fund over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’ll never forget when Joe Biden became President and declared, “Green Eggs and Ham is canceled!!!”