Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Agents are GO! posted:

See if she can get one that makes her not act like an rear end in a top hat.

Inshallah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

AnnoyBot posted:

will, I assume, get a brain swap today

:stonk:

Tell me more.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Castaign posted:

Tell me more.

I wish. How the gently caress else am I supposed to live up to the Hfuhruhurr family name?

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

AnnoyBot posted:

I wish. How the gently caress else am I supposed to live up to the Hfuhruhurr family name?

Just pretend that I inserted the Captain America "I understood that reference!" gif here. =)

Seriously though, I'm really sorry that you have to deal with family that isn't taking this poo poo seriously. That's terrifying, and I wish the best for you.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Got pfizer shot uno today

Nothing so far but I'm only four hours in

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

RoastBeef posted:

Just got my second moderna shot an hour ago - I didn't feel anything until about fifteen minutes ago, but now the arm pain is back at about what it's peak was the last time. This should be fun.

Update: I felt more or less fine until the next morning (yesterday) - then fever, muscle ache, fatigue etc. The fever peaked around noon at 103. All of the side effects were gone by this morning.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Castaign posted:

Tell me more.

Freaky Friday but

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm still thinking about thos beans

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Woke up with headache and nausea two days after my first Pfizer shot, took some ibuprofen and was fine the afternoon.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
I'm curious, why is it that people have such a strong response to the vaccine?
(Disclaimer; I can't wait until I get my shot, which I assume is going to happen in 2022 at the earliest with the current speed it happens here in Sweden.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Greggster posted:

(Disclaimer; I can't wait until I get my shot, which I assume is going to happen in 2022 at the earliest with the current speed it happens here in Sweden.

Not everyone does - I know a lot of people who had little to no side-effects. With those of us who have had reactions I'm pretty sure it is just the immune system responding strongly as it reacts to the fake pathogen.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It’s not too surprising with how varied people’s responses to the actual virus are.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

My tonsils swelled up on my first shot, and when my mother got hers, same thing happened. I dunno about the second shot but I am not looking forward to it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A Festivus Miracle posted:

My tonsils swelled up on my first shot, and when my mother got hers, same thing happened. I dunno about the second shot but I am not looking forward to it.

Based on my understanding of medical conditions that a kid in the nineteen fifties is likely to encounter, resulting in a day off school and a trip to the ice cream parlor, I predict that your appendix will swell up.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

You've got ghosts in your blood, you should do cocaine about it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You've got ghosts in your blood, you should do cocaine about it.

Oddly enough if you insufficient ghosts in your blood, you should also do cocaine about it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

nobody should do cocaine and everybody should be vegan. :colbert:

don't be vegan either

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Not everyone does - I know a lot of people who had little to no side-effects. With those of us who have had reactions I'm pretty sure it is just the immune system responding strongly as it reacts to the fake pathogen.

I had my first dose of Pfizer a couple of days ago, and I had no side effects other than a sore arm for about a day. More people have reactions from the second dose though. I guess I'll see in a few weeks!

I wonder if/how the reaction to the vaccine indicates how a person would have been affected by the virus. Like, would a stronger reaction to the vaccine mean that one would have gotten sicker from the virus, or does it mean the body's immune system would have done a better job of fighting it off?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
your reaction to the vaccine doesn't really indicate anything other than how you react to a vaccine

sometimes i'll get a flu shot and it won't affect me at all, other times i'll be in bed for a day or two

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Greatest Living Man posted:

This thread has become too positive for EU doomposters. Either that or most of us are dead already.

Nah, I'm not happy about my situation in Finland (cases keep going up at increasing rates, our vaccination program has slowed down to a crawl and our government are fighting about whether or not they're allowed to actually make some kind of rules instead of just flimsy suggestions), but the thing is ... I can't do poo poo about it. Doomposting won't change things, it'll just make things harder for everyone else who has to listen to it.

I can only take my own precautions, help out those around me as best I can and hope things improve soon.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Can someone swing by Michigan and check on them, they seem to be in a spot of trouble

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol it's not just Michigan, it's like 30 states. We're ramping up wave 3 :confuoot:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

all them spring breakers coming back

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Number_6 posted:

C'mon, people. You forgot Oklahoma.

You mean Texas lite?

(I say, posting from Texas North)

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/2hekDuCBxCc

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Can someone swing by Michigan and check on them, they seem to be in a spot of trouble

I went to my local bakery and there was a customer in there holding his winter glove in front of his mouth and nose while ordering. And that's what's happening in Michigan folks! Back to you in the studio.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

I love humor.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

I got what's left

Johnson & Johnson

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

bradzilla posted:

Lol it's not just Michigan, it's like 30 states. We're ramping up wave 3 :confuoot:

Isn’t this wave 4?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

busalover posted:

I love humor.

Me too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhKVSdqYN58

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watching erik progress from shirtless old men to tubgirl makes me think of that cultural meme about everyone getting meaner in lockdown or whatever

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Got an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine on Thursday. If you are in California CVS still has a lot of appointments available on 4/1.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sold some rabbits to some people today. They seemed nice other than they were loving maskless meeting up with me. I stayed way the hell away from them.

How long should I keep tattooing myself with "GOT MY SHOT ROUND 1 PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS, EMT"? Like two weeks for any sudden onset hell side effects, right?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Brisbane Australia just got another 4 cases of community spread (2 of which are from an untraced source) so they're going into emergency lockdown for at least 3 days
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-29/qld-coronavirus-outbreak-contact-tracing-lockdown/100034850

gay picnic defence posted:

Isn’t this wave 4?

That really depends on your definition of a wave. The first few 'peaks' just tapered off gradually, the second taper never even fell back below the level of the previous peak.

Other countries definitely had waves that dropped back to zero or close to zero afterwards but the US has just been an unceasing torrent

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

My elderly father got his second moderna shot today and feels fine so far. IT and media workers are going to be eligible in NJ on the 5th so maybe I'll be able to get vaccinated before long, too. Touching computers has some kind of benefit besides high WPM and a ghastly pallor, who knew.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Got my second Pfizer dose scheduled. Didn't have any symptoms with the first so I'm hoping I'm in the clear for 2.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Greggster posted:

I got my first pfizer shot yesterday and had zero reaction to it. My wife has been nursing an immensely sore arm that started about six hours after the shot.

My parents also got the pfizer shots and had no reaction to the first. The second shot made my mother immensely tired for about half a day and my dad had a raised temperature. They're both in their 80s.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Castaign posted:

Just pretend that I inserted the Captain America "I understood that reference!" gif here. =)

poo poo, this whole story of mine was just astroturf for The Man With Two Brains, and it's failing. Drat!

Castaign posted:

Seriously though, I'm really sorry that you have to deal with family that isn't taking this poo poo seriously. That's terrifying, and I wish the best for you.

Thanks, it is not fun, zero stars, would not marry again.

On the other hand, my test just came back negative.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My friend who is pretty sure he got it on wave 2 due to his mom still working the hospital as a nurse and she got it.

He finally got pfizer and had had a fever for 2 days about 20 hours after injection. 103.5 at it's height, down to 101 today.

Says he feels like poo poo still and I beleive him. His symptoms from covid were mild. His mom actually tested positive twice 3 months apart.

It seems to just be a crap shoot. His 65 year old mom was fine through all of it.

He's fairly fit. No underlying conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Got my first Moderna 32 hours ago. Never tested positive or had known exposure to anyone with covid. I have a slightly sore arm localized around the injection. No other symptoms except a headache which was on and off before I got my shot anyway.