Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

Christian might tell Vince AEW's trade secrets of "fostering a positive environment where the performers have agency" and "making a show people are excited to watch"! Oh no!
What if he started out undercover but then actually fell in love and stayed, like Point Break but with wrestling promotions instead of Lori Petty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*Christian meets Vince in a darkened corner of a parking garage*

"You wanted their trade secrets boss? Well here's one that'll knock your socks off: they track wins and losses, even on the b-shows!"

"Mother of god..."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"They book long-term and remember previous feuds."
"You mean like that guy we hired and relentlessly mocked for it?"
"Exactly like that."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

What if he started out undercover but then actually fell in love and stayed, like Point Break but with wrestling promotions instead of Lori Petty

As Tony Khan escapes, an anguished Christian rolls onto his back and delivers multiple shoot promos into the sky.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sticklefifer posted:

"They book long-term and remember previous feuds."
"You mean like that guy we hired and relentlessly mocked for it?"
"Exactly like that."

Maybe the best booker of all time.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Jerusalem posted:

As Tony Khan escapes, an anguished Christian rolls onto his back and delivers multiple shoot promos into the sky.

nxt uk is this but with a goose involved

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ICR posted:

It’s this dawg

This can't be an idea an adult came up with.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Edge: "Vaya con dios."
Vince: "Edge! You let him go!"
Edge: "No I didn't."
Vince: "We'll sign him when he comes back!"
Edge: "He's not coming back."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:perfect:

I wonder if Edge ever hopes that the Pacific Ocean is as blue as it seems in his dreams.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TheKingslayer posted:

This can't be an idea an adult came up with.

Having subscribed to Trevor Dame's TNA Mecca commentary Patreon I can promise you it is.

The whole enterprise is like that one episode of The Simpsons where the barbequed pig is flying through the air and Homer desperately yelling 'it's still good, it's still good!'

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/1375471076084314116

https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/1370617209052008448

Greg is always good for bad takes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe greg took too many chairshots

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

i really like the losers in the comments trying to get people to listen to their podcasts lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There is a quarter of a point buried in there under the stupid. It's not that fans will drive to Jacksonville for the show, it's that holding the show means that wrestlers who would otherwise be working Mania shows aren't available.

(which honestly is a public health measure for keeping covid out of Daily's Place)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

impressed that the dude put two and two together for 'aew doesn't want their people to take indie bookings on wrestlemania weekend' but goes "and that's a bad thing" instead of 'because we're still in a pandemic and they Shouldn't'

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

There is a quarter of a point buried in there under the stupid. It's not that fans will drive to Jacksonville for the show, it's that holding the show means that wrestlers who would otherwise be working Mania shows aren't available.

(which honestly is a public health measure for keeping covid out of Daily's Place)

My read of the action was deffo, "this seems like a payday to keep folks out of Tampa/apologize for saying that they shouldn't work Tampa because it's going to be a loving superspreader event." When they announced it on TV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/1373145679728570375

The nerve of this guy comparing Wrestlemania, the bad show on the incompetent Peacock to Zack Snyder's Justice League, the great film on God's Streaming Service, HBO Max.

I agree with him that Khan booking a house show is a slap in the face of the indies, an extremely good and well-deserved slap in the face of the lovely, unsafe independent wrestling scene.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 27, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

karmicknight posted:

My read of the action was deffo, "this seems like a payday to keep folks out of Tampa/apologize for saying that they shouldn't work Tampa because it's going to be a loving superspreader event." When they announced it on TV.

Especially since there was going to be a big Texas showcase and they have a LOT of Texas talent now, especially on Dark. I'm not sure if that specific show is still happening but I know a lot of people I was familiar with locally here in Austin were gearing up for that last year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

Most of the talent announced so far hasn't been taking outside bookings.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Most of the talent announced so far hasn't been taking outside bookings.

That's was my first reaction when they announced it, but when I saw the names they were announcing for the shows, it's clear that it wasn't right. Don't really know what the plan is now, we'll know eventually and that's fine with me.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony khan is trying to make all his workers tired wrestlemania weekend so they won't have the energy to watch the competition and find out how much better it is

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

He's got an accidental point in that I'm not watching either one because I don't give a poo poo about WWE or the DCEU.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The difference between the snyder cut and WrestleMania is Zach snyder isn't a lunatic and has the ability to make good things. Vince is the opposite.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Zach snyder isn't a lunatic and has the ability to make good things.

Never seen any evidence of either tbh

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Never seen any evidence of either tbh

Please don't compare snyder to known rapist, racist monster Vince McMahon. The dude has done a ton of suicide prevention charity work, and his worst crime is "acting like a frat boy," so c'mon now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Please don't compare snyder to known rapist, racist monster Vince McMahon. The dude has done a ton of suicide prevention charity work, and his worst crime is "acting like a frat boy," so c'mon now.

Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. "Batman’s dark." I’m like, okay, "No, Batman’s cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lid posted:

Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. "Batman’s dark." I’m like, okay, "No, Batman’s cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

Did he actually rape anyone or did he just, like I said, say a dumb fuckin thing as he often does? Cause if he didn't actually rape anyone then you shouldn't compare him to an actual rapist.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vince MechMahon posted:

No, his worst crime is being a weird Ayn Rand fanboy who makes bad to mediocre films. Nobody was saying he's as bad a person as Vince McMahon, merely that the statement "Zach snyder isn't a lunatic and has the ability to make good things" is very debatable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Snyder cut is really good and undoes some needless racism making it different enough from Vince McMahon that we don't need to bring up other things.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

No, his worst crime is being a weird Ayn Rand fanboy who makes bad to mediocre films. Nobody was saying he's as bad a person as Vince McMahon, merely that the statement "Zach snyder isn't a lunatic and has the ability to make good things" is very debatable.

He's not even really an Ayn Rand fan in the way you're saying because he's on record as not actually understanding the Fountainhead on anything more than "woah this dude doesn't take any poo poo ha ha bad rear end" level. So his crime here is really just making movies you don't like. I don't like a lot of them either. He's still not Vince even professionally because there's a base line of competence in production and he doesn't change the script five minutes before shooting every day.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cool

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Vince MechMahon posted:

He's not even really an Ayn Rand fan in the way you're saying because he's on record as not actually understanding the Fountainhead on anything more than "woah this dude doesn't take any poo poo ha ha bad rear end" level. So his crime here is really just making movies you don't like. I don't like a lot of them either. He's still not Vince even professionally because there's a base line of competence in production and he doesn't change the script five minutes before shooting every day.

The Fountainhead has a pivotal scene where the main character beats and rapes a woman. This is presented, not only as a good thing to do, but something she forced him to do because she just didn't know she wanted him. gently caress anyone that idolizes that book.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkAplaui7A

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Let us know when Howard Roark says something hosed up about wrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for posting that video that i posted and making the owner of the account set the video to private. i'll describe the video in detail. the scene opens on a dj playing some music out in the open air somewhere. the dj directs the attention of everyone to "that baby on the beach." then the camera view pans over to a woman dancing on the beach while holding a baby. the video ends. i wish everyone could have seen it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can someone post a stupid wrestling opinion

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dave Meltzer posted:

As far as the women declines go, in asking around with women that are AEW fans, the one thing mentioned is the blood and the tables over-and-over. The Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa match was huge as far as drawing male viewers from NXT over, but not with women coming over from NXT. One longtime female fan who I’ve known since childhood who loves AEW surprised me saying that she didn’t like the match, and it was the blood and the weapons that were the reason why because she respected how hard they were working.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/1376001336173420544?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
nested dumb opinion, because AJ Styles and Bryan Danielson and not in the same generation as Seth Rollins and Kenny Omega. (Omega's peak was after Danielson and Styles retired)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

karmicknight posted:

nested dumb opinion, because AJ Styles and Bryan Danielson and not in the same generation as Seth Rollins and Kenny Omega. (Omega's peak was after Danielson and Styles retired)
You're only half right, Kenny's peak was in 2012, but Rollins never had one unless you count being a hanger-on to Roman and Mox.