Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I still have my expectations set at "will be pleasantly suprised if by September I actually have my first dose and an appointment for the second"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
My parents got their first doses in Ontario because they fell into that 60-64 AZ cohort. I am a wfh computer toucher in my 30s and likely won't be getting mine any time soon but I'm still kinda hopeful for first dose in June. the delivery schedules are pretty promising.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I fully expect Canada's vaccine rollout to go about this well:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
for the last year, you've heard about exponential growth

now we learn about exponential decay!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I first learned about exponents in grade 9 and i've loving hated them ever since

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

prom candy posted:

I first learned about exponents in grade 9 and i've loving hated them ever since

an exponent killed my university scholarship

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/1376299463178878985

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

BCs official messaging is starting to crack.

quote:

all signs indicate that there will be significant numbers of exposures at schools in the weeks to come
https://www.sd68.bc.ca/documents/2021/03/letter-covid19-rapid-response-team-march-28-2021.pdf

Parents groups on Facebook are getting spicy.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

yippee cahier posted:

BCs official messaging is starting to crack.

https://www.sd68.bc.ca/documents/2021/03/letter-covid19-rapid-response-team-march-28-2021.pdf

Parents groups on Facebook are getting spicy.

would you be able to anonymously post some screengrabs of spicy facebook group posts? I dunno about the rest of the canada goons but I don't have facebook or kids but I still want to see what's going down in those groups

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol i hate this government so loving much

https://twitter.com/ianfroese/status/1376551084999647237?s=21

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh you're too poor to move? I'm sure you can pay back this loan, thats not going to just add to your difficulties at all

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
So now we're at the government paying landlords lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

oh my loving goooooooooooood

https://twitter.com/rcarrick/status/1376526929612967936

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Checks out

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

I thought the guy who runs this account stopped posting after the election because Trump losing meant his job was done

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
https://twitter.com/DavidWCochrane/status/1376579672255893505

Seems bad.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

That 0.5% interest could earn you a free large coffee from timmies!

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

I better get that extra TFSA room now

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I thought the guy who runs this account stopped posting after the election because Trump losing meant his job was done

popehat is extremely online so following through on that seems unlikely

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That 0.5% interest could earn you a free large coffee from timmies!

don't have your tfsa at a big bank and you'll be upgrading to a starby's in no time

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
yeah lemme just max out my 70k in contribution room with all this money i just have laying around. thanks for the help

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

its good how they dont actually say why they are doing this and everyone just has to guess.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The AstraZeneca vaccine has been paused because it doesn't make millennials autistic enough

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
So I hope they didn't actually ban+30 anyone who correctly said the AZ vaccine was poo poo

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Someone I work with who can't get enough slow-mo Joe and Kamala says America is our friend, why would they give us a vaccine that wasn't safe?? :saddowns: (therefore, it's safe) :downs:

Just lol at being so blinded as to not automatically regard any US "generosity" with suspicion and contempt, especially in the context of the pandemic. When this started they were literally stealing essential supplies off runways and out of planes bound for us.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The AstraZeneca vaccine has been paused because it doesn't make millennials autistic enough

are any millennials outside of the at risk category even eligible for the vaccines yet?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

So I hope they didn't actually ban+30 anyone who correctly said the AZ vaccine was poo poo

Who's they

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:nallears:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Starks posted:

its good how they dont actually say why they are doing this and everyone just has to guess.

Didn't they say it might not have been safe for 65+ before? Now it's mysteriously bad for <55?

I'm really curious what the reason might be.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
maybe after a certain age you're unlikely to live long enough to experience complications from the vaccine

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

maybe after a certain age you're unlikely to live long enough to experience complications from the vaccine

that age is 16 or parental permission to work in the service or retail industries

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

BC is implementing new restrictions. No more yoga and indoor dine-in services at restaurants are no longer allowed.

They state they waited this long because they hoped that the rise in cases wouldn't get so high lol

https://twitter.com/akurjata/status/1376634432652726274?s=19

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Arivia posted:

that age is 16 or parental permission to work in the service or retail industries

:shrug: i mean, really, the vaccine just has to kill fewer people than covid, right?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fried Watermelon posted:

are any millennials outside of the at risk category even eligible for the vaccines yet?

I don't think they count as millenials but they vaccinated a ton of younger life sciences and med students at the local university so they could continue in-clinic learning and also to help give out COVID shots. I hope they got moderna or something.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fisting by many posted:

Didn't they say it might not have been safe for 65+ before? Now it's mysteriously bad for <55?

I'm really curious what the reason might be.

The bad blood clots that are being linked to the AZ vaccine have been in people aged like 25-65 so far, but also the places that are reporting them haven't been using the AZ vaccine on over-65s. But the basic premise of deciding whether to approve a vaccine is "will this do more good than harm" and the harm in this case isn't just potentially the rare blood clots, but also Covid itself. So what's likely happening is that they've decided 55 is the tipping point where the risk of Covid killing you gets high enough that it's worth getting the vaccine even if some very small percentage of people who get it will get a blood clot in their brain and die, because it will save more lives than it kills, which might not be true in younger age groups that have better Covid outcomes. That's my guess anyway.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ontario twitter is melting the gently caress down right now because Lecce and Ford are floating that March April break is going to be cancelled.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

do it you cowards.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Another Bill posted:

Ontario twitter is melting the gently caress down right now because Lecce and Ford are floating that March April break is going to be cancelled.

please quote some meltdowns :allears:

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Another Bill posted:

I'm sorry, the government is specifically saying they might need to keep kids in school because cases are rising? Am I having a stroke lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Starks posted:

Am I having a stroke lol

Well no the AZ vaccine is banned now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

How was Yoga still open here. Jesus.