Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Art of rally is on iOS or something isn't it? Or is it on PC and it's just not coming to game pass pc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Laserface posted:

Or is it on PC and it's just not coming to game pass pc?

I believe this is the case. It's on Steam.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Real hurthling! posted:

I was pretty sick of octopath by the end. The story is not only bog standard, its 8 bog standard stories at once so none of them get more than a basic sketch. It makes a good First impression tho, especially in the dancer's chapter

I kind of liked how the storylines were so plain despite the fact that something bigger is clearly going on in the background. Each character has their own personal story, but they run into people from evil organizations or get wind of a bigger plan. One of my favorite stories was just of a character that was only going after their own ambitions and someone from the evil organization who seems to be pretty important mistakes them for someone else and they get into a fight. The character kills them and is like "well, so much for that, now to get back to what I was doing!" without really thinking much about it whereas the organization's plans have probably greatly been disrupted because of it. It's kind of clever.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can't find any game that is interesting me. Bounced off Immortals, and am now playing nba 2k21 career mode, which is surprisingly well done. Also playing NHL and Madden even though I have lived on the other side of the world for two years and don't follow North American sports anymore.

Gonna give Ghost of Tsushima another shot since everyone is so hyped about that, but I liked Valhalla more despite it being worse than the previous two AC games.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I can't find any game that is interesting me.

I know that feeling. When it happens to me, I try to play not-great games in my backlog that I can spend a few hours on to see the interesting stuff and then set the game aside.

I've been playing a bit of former Games with Gold game Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor, and it fits this mold exactly. It's kind of a Diablo-like, but the game is split up into 10-30 minute missions that aren't challenging but keeps everything bite-sized. There's also cover and suppression systems and there are neat ways to adjust the difficulty. The loot is generally pretty bad, though.

It's like 75% of the way to being a good game. I'd like to see a different game try some of these ideas.

(Also, like, I don't know anything about Warhammer 40k but I find the general grim dark vibe of 40k to be completely stupid. It feels like a parody but it seems like it's taking itself 6000% seriously.)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’m nearing the end of RDR2, and have zero idea what I’m going to follow it up with. The size and scope is still blowing my mind after however many hours I’ve poured into it. How did they make a game so big? What the hell can come next? (I know the answer is more GTA online...)

That game was in my backlog since release. The wasted years.

Zerot posted:

(Also, like, I don't know anything about Warhammer 40k but I find the general grim dark vibe of 40k to be completely stupid. It feels like a parody but it seems like it's taking itself 6000% seriously.)

I think that’s the appeal of 40k? I played the tabletop game for about a month in college and that was my take away.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 27, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I was actually thinking of trying RDR online again, I'm that bored.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Fly Ricky posted:

How did they make a game so big?
tons and tons of people op
the credits last around the same as in a ubisoft game, but the balance of devs to administrative positions - some games will just have a small team and then 20 minutes of the publisher's people - is way higher

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
100-hour work weeks also helps

Anyway if you need games play some fuckin Peggle.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I tried Carto and it was just kind of meh. Grab a map piece, fit it the way they want you to, talk to someone, rinse, repeat. Does it get better?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Mega64 posted:

Anyway if you need games play some fuckin Peggle.

:hmmyes:

Wtf is wrong with this world, Peggle should be coming out on a yearly basis like Call of Duty. Why isn’t there a procedurally generated Peggle by now?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I tried Carto and it was just kind of meh. Grab a map piece, fit it the way they want you to, talk to someone, rinse, repeat. Does it get better?

That's pretty much the core gameplay loop.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I can't find any game that is interesting me. Bounced off Immortals, and am now playing nba 2k21 career mode, which is surprisingly well done. Also playing NHL and Madden even though I have lived on the other side of the world for two years and don't follow North American sports anymore.

Gonna give Ghost of Tsushima another shot since everyone is so hyped about that, but I liked Valhalla more despite it being worse than the previous two AC games.

Immortals is fun. The combat gets good when you unlock options. Fly to all the lyre puzzles and just use a guide to solve them and you'll have a ton of credits to unlock all the cool abilities early. The big fault of the game is how stingy it is with resources sometimes.

Ghosts of tsushima is good for non AC fans cause its so similar but if you played every ac game it might seem whatever tho you should check out the multiplayer if you have a group cause its super good if you like raids

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The LB button on my Xbox One S controller is getting real bad. I've been fighting with it for months but recently it's decided to stop responding unless I push it in super hard and wiggle it. Makes it impossible to play something where I need to hold the button.

Discovered one funny workaround: Take out the batteries and blow air in one of the holes while holding the trigger down. This does work and the bumper behaves much better for a while but it's just temporary - it's now back to being unusable. I'm wondering if it's dust/grime buildup on the switch or something else. The RB one is completely fine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You could spray some deoxit in there.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Peggle infuriates me.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Zerot posted:

I know that feeling. When it happens to me, I try to play not-great games in my backlog that I can spend a few hours on to see the interesting stuff and then set the game aside.

I've been playing a bit of former Games with Gold game Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor, and it fits this mold exactly. It's kind of a Diablo-like, but the game is split up into 10-30 minute missions that aren't challenging but keeps everything bite-sized. There's also cover and suppression systems and there are neat ways to adjust the difficulty. The loot is generally pretty bad, though.

It's like 75% of the way to being a good game. I'd like to see a different game try some of these ideas.

I fired that up last night because I've been on a Diablo 3 kick recently and I figured "40k nonsense paint on a Diablo frame sounds good"

It's fine, but yeah the loot sucks and the story is so far the typical 40k nonsense.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

joylessdivision posted:

I fired that up last night because I've been on a Diablo 3 kick recently and I figured "40k nonsense paint on a Diablo frame sounds good"

It's fine, but yeah the loot sucks and the story is so far the typical 40k nonsense.

Warhammer: Chaosbane is a much better Warhammer Diablo than 40k: Inquisitor is, but it's also not trying much new or exciting. I got all the achievements in the Series X|S version as it's a good podcast game.

As an aside, one of the DLC classes in Chaosbane is one of the most fun I've had in one of those kinds of games. You use the right stick to change stances and you get bonuses for the first few seconds after a switch, so you're constantly switching from melee to ranged combat to get bonus damage and speed. It felt novel in a game where I had seen everything else before.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ErrEff posted:

The LB button on my Xbox One S controller is getting real bad.
If you don’t want to send it back for repairs then fixing it yourself is really easy. I am not a ‘fix things’ kind of guy, but I bought a kit off eBay for about £8 that had the buttons and screwdrivers, and watched a step by step on YouTube and now my controller is as good as new.

I’m assuming the new controllers are the same as the old ones ( I fixed an elite), maybe check that first.

Took me about 25 minutes in all.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I was actually thinking of trying RDR online again, I'm that bored.

If you can, unlock the collector job and turn on some podcasts. Easy way to pass the time and make a lot of money quick. Then use that money to go bounty hunter and unlock the bounty wagon so you can solo multi bounties. If you have prime, they give the bounty hunter for free.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Crafty posted:

If you don’t want to send it back for repairs then fixing it yourself is really easy. I am not a ‘fix things’ kind of guy, but I bought a kit off eBay for about £8 that had the buttons and screwdrivers, and watched a step by step on YouTube and now my controller is as good as new.

I’m assuming the new controllers are the same as the old ones ( I fixed an elite), maybe check that first.

Took me about 25 minutes in all.

looked this up cuz my left sticks are hosed on both my controllers, looks like you need to solder if it's the sticks though. drat

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

heehee posted:

looked this up cuz my left sticks are hosed on both my controllers, looks like you need to solder if it's the sticks though. drat

Yeah the lb/rb are easily accessible once you get the front cover and the casing around the ‘xbox’ button removed, but I think the stick housings are a further level down. If they’re bust and out of warranty it might be worth it though, especially if you can find a good guide video.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Zerot posted:

Warhammer: Chaosbane is a much better Warhammer Diablo than 40k: Inquisitor is, but it's also not trying much new or exciting. I got all the achievements in the Series X|S version as it's a good podcast game.

As an aside, one of the DLC classes in Chaosbane is one of the most fun I've had in one of those kinds of games. You use the right stick to change stances and you get bonuses for the first few seconds after a switch, so you're constantly switching from melee to ranged combat to get bonus damage and speed. It felt novel in a game where I had seen everything else before.

So either Microsoft needs to do a better job of differentiating the Series X/S versions of games on the website, or I need to pay closer attention to what I'm doing. Possibly both.

So I bought Chaosbane on your recommendation. Accidentally bought the One version. Thankfully Microsoft processed the refund pretty much immediately and I got the X version.

Looks pretty, kinda hate having to run back and forth across the map to turn in/get quests but maybe fast travel becomes a thing later.

I'm digging it, story is melodramatic Warhammer nonsense and combat/loot is pretty good. Playing the Elf first and I think I'm level 10. Definitely a nice visual change from D3.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
The Xbox One version has Xbox One in the title and the Series X|S version has Series X|S in the title and optimized badges on the store page.

joylessdivision posted:

Looks pretty, kinda hate having to run back and forth across the map to turn in/get quests but maybe fast travel becomes a thing later.

Not really, unfortunately! Some hubs are smaller and don't require as much running around as the first one does though.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Is there an alternative location to buy X-Box games online? I want to play Far Cry Primal but paying $50 CAD for a 5 year old game is insane

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Professor Shark posted:

Is there an alternative location to buy X-Box games online? I want to play Far Cry Primal but paying $50 CAD for a 5 year old game is insane

Unfortunately you missed a publisher sale earlier this month. Ubisoft really likes pricing their older games in a way that only makes sense with those kind of sale discounts.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Professor Shark posted:

You mean for digital games? Sometimes I use the cdkeys website which sells codes you can redeem (I can see primal + far cry 4 digital bundle for £20 - for the U.K. version there) but usually for a really cheap option I’d just go with physical instead- from somewhere like eBay. I can see far cry primal for around £5 on there too.

There’s some really good digital sales on every now and then but you’ll tend to pay a lot more for older games digitally than on pc in my experience.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

drat. Are these regular things? I would like to set a reminder

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Use PSPrices and just set an alert. Ubisoft games go on sale all the time

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Professor Shark posted:

I’ve never bought anything from here myself, but it has 41k positive reviews on trust pilot

https://www.eneba.com/xbox-far-cry-...ASABEgIodfD_BwE

Says it works for Canada too, might be worth looking at. I think it’s like cdkeys where they email you the code instantly.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

TrueAchievements.com has really good sale tracking. You can have the website email you when a game drops in price.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Zerot posted:

The Xbox One version has Xbox One in the title and the Series X|S version has Series X|S in the title and optimized badges on the store page.

Not really, unfortunately! Some hubs are smaller and don't require as much running around as the first one does though.

Yeah, I'll chalk it up to being an idiot who should really start using the Xbox store on the console instead of mobile browser.

I also blasted through the first like....60% of the story in the Tomb Raider reboot yesterday because I figured I'd replay the first two and then finally play the third. I forgot how good most of that game is. The QTEs are not great and the couple of times having to navigate without getting impaled on something are a bit of a pain, but otherwise it's still a pretty solid adventure game. I don't think it got any enhancements like Rise and Shadow did but it still looks fantastic and runs beautifully on the Series X.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I played the reboot for the first time on my series x shortly after getting it and was surprised how well it holds up. It turned me into a tomb raider fan, which is something I never thought I’d say.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah, I'll chalk it up to being an idiot who should really start using the Xbox store on the console instead of mobile browser.

I also blasted through the first like....60% of the story in the Tomb Raider reboot yesterday because I figured I'd replay the first two and then finally play the third. I forgot how good most of that game is. The QTEs are not great and the couple of times having to navigate without getting impaled on something are a bit of a pain, but otherwise it's still a pretty solid adventure game. I don't think it got any enhancements like Rise and Shadow did but it still looks fantastic and runs beautifully on the Series X.

It benefits significantly from auto HDR, at least in the sections I played. One of the best examples of it I've seen so far.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Doctor Nutt posted:

It benefits significantly from auto HDR, at least in the sections I played. One of the best examples of it I've seen so far.

Yeah my memory of how it looked on the base One are hazy as gently caress (my last save was apparently like 2015) but it's still a gorgeous game for...2014 I think Definitive came out?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Survivor-Trilogy/9PG7MTR0MVP9?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

4 days left at $20

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah my memory of how it looked on the base One are hazy as gently caress (my last save was apparently like 2015) but it's still a gorgeous game for...2014 I think Definitive came out?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Survivor-Trilogy/9PG7MTR0MVP9?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

4 days left at $20

The 360 version of the first one and of Rise are both in the "this is the most it can do" space for that console. Miraculous. The base Bone versions definitely looked good too.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

The 360 version of the first one and of Rise are both in the "this is the most it can do" space for that console. Miraculous. The base Bone versions definitely looked good too.

And the X-enhanced version of Rise looked amazing using the "enriched visuals" mode on One X. Dunno if it's any better on the XSX cause it would probably be able to do the same in 60 fps if they enable it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zat posted:

And the X-enhanced version of Rise looked amazing using the "enriched visuals" mode on One X. Dunno if it's any better on the XSX cause it would probably be able to do the same in 60 fps if they enable it.

It would really be nice to see more xbone titles (and 360 titles) get patched to use fps boost. Wonder if we'll see more widespread adoption of that as a feature if it's relatively simple to implement.

I am not sure how fps boost works right now but I was thinking in context of hopefully getting devs to enable it in older games that don't make sense for them to bother developing x/s optimized releases.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So I managed to jump on the XBox all access pass recently and have an XBox Series X on the way to me soon. Are there any exclusives for it that I should jump on once it arrives? Keeping in mind I already have a decent gaming PC and would prefer to play games on there if possible.

Thanks to how good the backwards compatibility is, I've already got Rare Replay and Asura's Wrath purchased and ready for when it arrives, and I guess Too Human was available for free so I get to experience that dumpster fire finally, but outside of that is there anything else people would recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

So I managed to jump on the XBox all access pass recently and have an XBox Series X on the way to me soon. ... I already have a decent gaming PC and would prefer to play games on there if possible.
Oof, lol