Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

hatty posted:

I'm going to give Royal a go after 13 Sentinels, which is very good by the way I'm not sure if anyone knew.

In case anyone still hasn’t played either of these games both went on sale at GameStop for $30 just now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Late game Risk of Rain 2 is very silly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Hour posted:

Late game Risk of Rain 2 is very silly

That's one hell of an acid trip

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Been killing it in Shadowverse recently

I came back because of a really cool limited format they had up temporarily, and decided to check out if my favorite deck was good again, and it turns out it is

My relation with this game is really weird. I basically only ever play one deck (aggro/midrange spellboost) which has had a dozen or more incarnations since the near-launch time I started playing. The details change, the cards change, and the matchups change, but the overall plan and strategy and fundamental math of the deck never does, so I just have hundreds of hours of experience in the core strategy to rely on whenever I come out of hibernation. My plan for how to deal with the deck being bad is basically to just stop playing the game until it's good again

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Hey, I don't blame you, spellboost is just a really fun mechanic to play around with and often requires specific play orders to get your cards exactly where they need to be. Granted, I'm a filthy control/D-shift player but a lot of principles are the same.

The only other deck I really messed around with was Havencraft aggro and that was a ton of fun for pretty similar reasons. Messing around with your amulets to summon strong monsters way earlier than you should be able to was a great feeling.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I regret the short time I played blood, ruining my perfect profile page

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm just not super into card games but I really liked Shadowverse when I played it during basketball games I had to watch. The one other person I know who plays it has a bazillion hours in it and plays Dragon to Master every single patch, to the point where he now has an entire top-tier deck full of animated cards. He's streamed it for like, at least three hours every day for the last four years or something

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mostly just like that games are over in five minutes so when I get a poo poo hand I don't have to worry about being stuck there for ages trying to claw my way out of it. Plus, as I said, the spellboost mechanic just really really speaks to me

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

MH Rise is awesome :D not a huge fan of this tower defense mode though! Otherwise it is great and I have no idea how it runs this good on a switch!!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm slowly working my way through the Yakuza games starting from Yakuza 0 and I've just finished up Yakuza 3. Definitely some annoyances here and there that come from it being a much older game in the series with what feels like a comparatively minor facelift but I actually think this has been my second favourite story behind 0. I actually really love the large amount of downtime the game enforces on you where you just hang out with the Morning Glory orphanage kids and parent the hell out of them with Haruka. While there's the usually crazy story twists and turns featuring secret CIA operative brother of a dead character who looks exactly like them and muscular men rigorously comparing their life philosophies via fisticuffs, it somehow felt a little more grounded than what I felt was the over the top nature of Kiwami 2. Also RIP to absolute best character Rikiya, too pure and good for this world :(

I need to play a few other games before jumping into Yakuza 4 as I find if I just try and jump straight into the next game in the series I get quickly fatigued.

Games In Progress:

Morrowind
Dragon Quest XI
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Loop Hero

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 28, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

i can't be sure but it looks like that bottom bot is praising croc, if anyone needed more evidence of bad faith reviewing

Croc's good though :(

It's a cute game

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mode 7 posted:

Yakuza 3 chat

Hell yeah Yakuza 3 rules! gently caress the haters. Rikiya... :smith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Year of No Games warches ever forward..

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MGS4 update: you can tranq the chickens aaaa

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm pretty sure monkeys should not be drinking soda

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Neither should people, but you don't see it stopping them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Don't tell me how to live my life.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Drebin's whole deal seems very on the nose for where late stage capitalism is going

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Everything about the BatB squadron's gimmick is just the dumbest poo poo (this isn't spoilers rarity because that stuff was in ads/trailers setting those up as the game's foxhound/black chamber/dead cell/cobra unit equivalent)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

Drebin's whole deal seems very on the nose for where late stage capitalism is going

Have you learned about cooking eggs sunny side up yet?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wasnt there something about Kojima insisting that the beauty and the beast models had to do their mocap sessions nude or w/e

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

Wasnt there something about Kojima insisting that the beauty and the beast models had to do their mocap sessions nude or w/e

What :ohdear:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

During development of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Hideo Kojima wanted the Beauty and the Beast Unit to be naked during cutscenes, though this would have severely affected the game's censorship rating. Yoji Shinkawa stated that the motion capture actors were asked to do the motion capture nude, though this could also not be used in the game.[5] Instead of being naked, the BB members wear form-fitting catsuits, which shows off their figure.
As taken from the Metal Gear Solid wiki. So much for Kojima not being a weird sex creep, huh?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I don't think anyone ever thought Kojima isn't a weird sex creep, considering his body of work.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

Don't tell me how to live my life.

You should play sekiro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHY IS SOMEONE POOPING IN A BARREL

KOJIMAAAAAAAA :argh:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cardiovorax posted:

As taken from the Metal Gear Solid wiki. So much for Kojima not being a weird sex creep, huh?

You can see the reasoning though. The BatB squad is people who have been turned into weapons by the trauma of their past. When Snake defeats them they are stripped of their pain and become human again. Free from the trauma of their past they know only love.

I actually think if they were nude that idea would be communicated a little better, because the compromise bodysuits are so inherently fetishy.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I actually think if they were nude that idea would be communicated a little better, because the compromise bodysuits are so inherently fetishy.
Well, all I can say to that is that I doubt he'd have asked any of them to get naked if they had been men. Fetish is probably the point here.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The fact they sexy pose if you take out a camera is just another eugghhh mark on them.

It was honestly less irksome when Portable Ops shipped with the first portable consumer grade 3d soft core erotica viewing device.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Beauties and just the entirety of Naomi/Otacon in MGS4 would have been the nadir of all of MGS if everything with Paz in Ground Zeroes didn't exist.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh hey it's Meryl. I know Meryl. I remember you from the back of the box :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And the poop guy is also here, wonderful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Meryl just called men 'selfish egotistical little pricks' and let me tell you, I'm digging it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
not many big character centric, action rpgs, where you get to at least choose your gender, are there? last gen there was one dragon age, one mass effect, i'd count ac odyssey/valhalla, and cyberpunk? anything obvious i'm overlooking?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Fallout 4 but that's about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
our boy is back live https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Fallout 4 but that's about it.

yeah and i played it to death as well

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i used to think mass effect was the template for the future of AAA

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Nobody else was really trying to do Mass Effect even during the time of Mass Effect. Everyone wanted big open world games and tried to avoid linked series where your choices carried over as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

it did end up pretty influential in some ways. i think ME is largely responsible for "cinematizing" dialog scenes and choices.