Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Only games I can podcast with are the Truck Simulators. There it's natural since I'm just driving and can actually half pay attention to what's being said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Shibawanko posted:

i kind of wish there was a game i could combine with being productive, like something turn based with waiting times that doesnt require constant action on my part but still makes progress based on my decisions, also lightweight so it's not an ordeal to start up or shut down or minimize. i work best when i can occupy part of my mind with something else, as long as i don't have to pay attention to it too much. simulation games are good for this but ive played most of them to death

My former roommate would play Ogre Battle on the N64 all day long but still get laundry done and cook dinner.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still play Terraria and built poo poo like a tiny replica of the Overlook Hotel as convenient outposts

The IRL lodge they used for the exterior in the movie actually has a really cool history

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKyMU2lcINk

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

I don't know why you posted this but I'm glad you did

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

signalnoise posted:

I don't know why you posted this but I'm glad you did

Wasn't this the thread where someone said It's Always Sunny isn't funny?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waltzing Along posted:

it gets unfunny really really quick, like 4-5 seasons in? (i can't remember specifically) it just became awful and presumably has never recovered

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Waltzing Along posted:

aha

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I watched the first season of that and like almost every other tv show i was incredibly bored and restless after about 5 episodes (problem with me, not the show)

I really don't understand what makes people sit and watch tv shows though. Its loving mind numbing for me personally

Stopped watching before Devito was added. He's a required character, really. Like the first season is okay but this 1 minute is better than anything in the first season imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzw4QvE2Do

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Stunt_enby posted:

it gets unfunny really really quick, like 4-5 seasons in? (i can't remember specifically) it just became awful and presumably has never recovered

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Stunt_enby posted:

Uh...no. The last two season haven't been as good, but up until then it was remarkably consistent. One of the very few sit coms to ever go 10+ season without cratering. At season 5 it was just hitting its stride.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Me, hearing someone in the thread say that It's Always Sunny sucks:

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 28, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sunny definately dropped in quality at some point but it's still pretty good. Then again I thought the first season was fine.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

Uh...no. The last two season haven't been as good, but up until then it was remarkably consistent. One of the very few sit coms to ever go 10+ season without cratering. At season 5 it was just hitting its stride.

Always Sunny not being as good is still really good, though. And I’ve found that some episodes that don’t really land for me at first end up being really good when I go back and watch them again a while later.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Season 8 has maybe the best payoff episode of any show ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVSWQQtpgjs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTU4LOOeaxE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kqPZpvifBI

And this is from a couple years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6urFp8YZ0

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Steam loving denied my refund request for a broken, lovely game in Dirt 5. gently caress YOU

I'm just gonna keep filing request for refunds over and over, because I'm petty like that. That really pisses me off. Multiplayer doesn't work AT ALL and I can't get a refund? That's hosed up

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Play posted:

Steam loving denied my refund request for a broken, lovely game in Dirt 5. gently caress YOU

I'm just gonna keep filing request for refunds over and over, because I'm petty like that. That really pisses me off. Multiplayer doesn't work AT ALL and I can't get a refund? That's hosed up

There legitimately could just be nobody playing it.

"Dead game" is a thing for a reason.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Apparently two hours is the magic number, and since I had four (at least half of which were racked up when I had the game paused and was making dinner) I can't get the refund. Fuckin a. This is what I get for actually paying for games

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Play posted:

How often do you refund games because I've refunded dozens over the years and had no trouble with it

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
He played 4 hours and the limit is 2. He's now mad at the industry because the game is too easy or something. It's a meltdown thing.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

step 1 : do not buy games if they are not good
step 2 : nothing but profit, fuckman

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ah right that's unfortunate but yeah 2 hours is the rule

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

How often do you refund games because I've refunded dozens over the years and had no trouble with it

it's easy to refund a game as long as you're within the refund window, and you can get as many as you like, but valve is both very particular and very clear about it: under two hours of playtime, and under two weeks since the date of purchase. if you fall outside of either of these, it can become very difficult to pull off.

think of it as the opposite of the nintendo eshop refund, where you can get one by being persistent about it, but you will only get ONE on your account. EVER.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

PinheadSlim posted:

step 1 : do not buy games if they are not good

I bought yakuza 6 and it is very good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Fur20 posted:

it's easy to refund a game as long as you're within the refund window, but valve is both very particular and very clear about it: under two hours of playtime, and under two weeks since the date of purchase. if you fall outside of either of these, it can become very difficult to pull off.

Oh i know 100% im the kinda wanker who keeps an eye on the steam time

The 2 weeks one was always a bit strange to me

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the two weeks is probably like a bank processing thing lol

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Play posted:

Apparently two hours is the magic number, and since I had four (at least half of which were racked up when I had the game paused and was making dinner) I can't get the refund. Fuckin a. This is what I get for actually paying for games

2 hours is the magic number for automatic refunds but you can get them at any time by actually mailing support and making your case, especially if the game is actually broken
(but judging by your posts about it here you don't understand the difference between "broken" and "just a bad game")

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Fur20 posted:

the two weeks is probably like a bank processing thing lol

if by "bank" you mean valve and by "processing fee" you mean wanting your money then yeah it's exactly that

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The thing is, why buy Dirt 5 when you could buy the much cheaper Dirt 3 and have essentially the same experience

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Lodin posted:

Only games I can podcast with are the Truck Simulators. There it's natural since I'm just driving and can actually half pay attention to what's being said.

Word brother

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Yeah they are Dirt cheap

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Just like when Colin Mcrae crashed h ius helicopter into THE DIRT amirite lul!!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Bro if I have to write 300 words on why it's soil and not dirt on something awful AGAIN I'm gonna lose it

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Bro if I have to write 300 words on why it's soil and not dirt on something awful AGAIN I'm gonna lose it

yeah for real, I soiled myself, I didn't dirt myself, people need to get it right

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Play posted:

who buys a brand new game, starts it up, and then pauses it to go make dinner for 2 hours?

like either play the game or QTD if you're gonna be gone for more then 5 min.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
I’m definitely the kinda loser that starts a game and then leaves to do something else and then leaves it running or minimized for a while

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Valve, I poo poo my pants an hour into playing Total War and it took an hour and fifteen minutes to clean it up, please give me a refund

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think 2 hours is plenty of time to figure out if you gel with a game or not. Hell, most people make the decision in minutes. That, plus reviews will usually say "it sucks at first but then gets good".

Whenever I see people online wanting refunds because they played for ten hours and then decided it sucked I always wonder if it was a game that vastly evolves over time in a way they didn't like. Instead it's usually a Shootymans or something where you know in seconds whether you vibe. Just because you didn'tt like the end or it didn't live up to expectations doesn't mean you didn't get time and gameplay from it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Total War: Warhammer has my interest but there's apparently three, which should I start with? I'm totally new to the genre and suck at RTS, but I got the impression Total War is more strategic?

RGX
Sep 23, 2004
Unstoppable
I always thought the 2 hour window was quite generous on Valves part really.

Steam user reviews are "mixed", and its currently on sale in the UK at £17.99. Not quite sure why you'd buy it at full £45 price when the reviews are that bad, "mixed" on Steam in my experience means "broken or bad, buy me on sale if you're still interested".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Total War: Warhammer has my interest but there's apparently three, which should I start with? I'm totally new to the genre and suck at RTS, but I got the impression Total War is more strategic?

Total War: Warhammer costs 11 billion dollars because of you want to unlock the full campaign map and all factions you gotta buy warhammer one and two and all the dlc factions.

It's got a turn based city building/troop movement with real time battles when you fight.