Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

It says you can get Ikaris bios from the season pass so you shouldn't need the bio sub if you have rank ups for him. I wonder if they've had the eternals ready to go for a while and will just start trickling them out in other updates to keep to their schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The defender-only buffs between the new costumes is absolutely insane. Smart move on netmarble's part to make teaming up a little more structured and needed to have monster stats.

I need to start planning on how to clear more than one Knull a day. I have Rider with a CTP of Rage and just T3ed Odin, I certainly have the cast but I need to do some thinking or just wait this grind out to try and get up to 4% pierce.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I think getting some Conqueror exp in on Knull will make beating him slightly easier too. I do wonder if Mephisto might end up being easier to beat than Knull for similar rewards. I'm not too excited about having to beat up Scarlet Witch, Corvus, Quicksilver etc 5 more times again just to unlock him though.

The Defenders are looking great, though I ran out of t3 materials trying to t3 cable so I probably won't get to do much with them for now. I'm hoping with the anniversary they'll let us use the t3 selector on Daredevil or maybe give us a free transcended selector.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Does JJones uni make her good and also why is she magic now

E: i mean im buying it cause i have crystals but

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jewel is Jessica Jones' original super hero identity. Her origin story is that she tried to be a fledgling hero but got brainwashed and tortured by Purple Man who told her to kill the Avengers who kicked her rear end and sent her into a coma. When she woke up she was so traumatized by what happened and disillusioned that no one noticed her missing that she retires as a super hero and eventually becomes a detective.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I haven't transcended Jessica yet, but without it she's just a support/shadow land clear. Transcended she does look like she's a pretty solid WBU clear, but I haven't seen her against Knull/Mephisto yet.

From what I've seen so far, Daredevil looks just okay in PvE content. He won't help you push higher stages in WBL/WBU, but he seems to be about as good as Medusa. I've seen him slap around Sentry/Surfer in PvP though.

Iron Fist is looking like the best so far, maybe around as good as Moon Knight? It's still a little too early to tell for sure just how good he is, but he does look very easy to proc with. I haven't seen anyone really use Luke Cage yet.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 19, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Jewel is Jessica Jones' original super hero identity. Her origin story is that she tried to be a fledgling hero but got brainwashed and tortured by Purple Man who told her to kill the Avengers who kicked her rear end and sent her into a coma. When she woke up she was so traumatized by what happened and disillusioned that no one noticed her missing that she retires as a super hero and eventually becomes a detective.

Hey Carol was there for her!

And yea I'm not sure which of the Daredevil or Jessica Jones costumes to grab. I have enough to grab a 3rd one after grabbing Luke and Iron Fists.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Got a Tier-2 Premium Selector for returning to the game. Debating between Crescent and Phyla Vell. Crescent looks cool as hell, but getting Phyla will make going through the Beta Ray Bill Epic quest easier.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nerdietalk posted:

Got a Tier-2 Premium Selector for returning to the game. Debating between Crescent and Phyla Vell. Crescent looks cool as hell, but getting Phyla will make going through the Beta Ray Bill Epic quest easier.

I heard Crescent was good now with her T3 and new costume but that's when they came out. I don't know how she holds up in the new meta, with Mephisto and Knull. Phyla is a solid T2 but doesn't have T3 or awakening. Beta Ray Bill is great though. If you're able to work Crescent up to T3 soon and maybe get her costume, select her since you think she's cool, otherwise Phyla is probably an easier choice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Phyla won't be a game changer for you on her own (although she'll be a solid WB/Shadowland player if you're struggling) but she gets you to Beta Ray Bill who is a top tier character. If you really want Crescent get Crescent, but if you're looking for the most useful its probably Phyla/Bill.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Crescent was the strongest character in the last normal Danger Room (lol) lineup over Venom, though that might have been helped by relative gear if she had the Rage for the week or whatever (plus she had the Berserk ability). I don't know how meta that makes her overall but it suggests to me that she's still got decent dps for her relative T3 age if you really kit her out. But Bill's probably the more important goal.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Crescent is mediocre at best. Phyla is a solid support and the whole helping you get Beta Ray Bill faster thing is a plus. If you like Crescent enough, she's at least a good leadership against Knull/Mephisto and she's far more likely than Phyla to get a new uni down the line.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who's good in Arena now? I used to easily get Vibranium but lately i've been stuck in gold.

Also fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you Dark Avengers Epic quest, putting a 800 CCF task as the second last one is just cruel.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Sounds like Phyla's the better option, if just for leveling up two characters for the price of one. Going with her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also gently caress whomever designed mission level 8-2. I swear they actively made the regular story missions as annoying, stupid and hard as possible just to gently caress with long term players.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Who's good in Arena now? I used to easily get Vibranium but lately i've been stuck in gold.

Also fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you Dark Avengers Epic quest, putting a 800 CCF task as the second last one is just cruel.

Sentry starting at level 55 did good work for me in Vibranium. Sentry/Jean/Surfer are pretty good on autoplay. If you want to play manually, Rogue and Daredevil can do fairly well, though Rogue gets countered by Jean. Black Widow with her Snow Suit uni is pretty decent, and Hulk can still hold his own. Phoenix Five Colossus is still a great support since you shouldn't run into Molecule Man unless you're actively trying to do well in Vibranium. Mystique/Taskmaster are good supports, Phyla supports Sentry, Surfer, and Marvel Girl Jean and gets to ignore any molecule man crap if you do start coming across him. If you plan on playing manually with Daredevil, having Luke Cage and Jessica with their new unis just to support/lead for him isn't a terrible idea.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 23, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So its all about Surfer, who I don't have.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
You can do alright without Surfer if you have Sentry. Sentry's top dog at the moment. Without either of those two, it's going to be tough.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Colossus in Phoenix uniform is also invaluable just for his team passive. He will never accomplish anything himself, but he will turn the tide for your real characters.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

A surfing dog?! posted:

Sentry starting at level 55 did good work for me in Vibranium.

Thank you for pointing this out. Swapped in my lvl 55 Sentry for Starlord and jumped up a couple hundred points in gold pretty readily even on full autoplay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been doing Surfer/Jean/Mystique in Timeline for awhile and its largely affective in autoplay. I finished the Dark Avengers quest but never finished working up Sentry's gear. So I've not really figured out his full usefulness yet.

I unlocked Mephisto yesterday so I think I'm gonna try and tackle him and maybe finally Knull with my WB today. If I'm in the mood.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
You can add Luke Cage with regen lead, Colossus, and Jessica Jones combo to the Timeline list. Luke is drat near invincible.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Anals of History posted:

Thank you for pointing this out. Swapped in my lvl 55 Sentry for Starlord and jumped up a couple hundred points in gold pretty readily even on full autoplay.

He surprised me with how well he works at 55. I thought the penalty for fighting level 70's would be too much, but it really isn't.

And I just watched cynicalex's video on Luke Cage and I wasn't expecting him to be able to beat Sentry/Surfer. He doesn't look as consistent as Daredevil, but he's definitely a good extra option for PvP.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, I swear story mission 8-2 is impossible. It wants you to break the barrels to distract the guards but in the second part when you break the barrels they go over, check it out and instantly start to scan again.

Go gently caress these missions and requiring them to unlock Knull and Mepheston WBs. That's probably why they require them, no one would play the story missions unless there was an actual reason for them.

I looked up a video and apparently you don't bother using the barrels as distractions, you just use black widow and kill everyone. That's really, really lovely game design, giving your player instructions and then making it not actually what you need to do.

8-3 isn't much better because whomever your not controlling likes to stand in the airstrike areas.

Also I think the videos out there are out of date because widows abilities seem different on her base suit in the videos than what i have. her shoot guns real fast lasts a lot longer in the videos, almost as if it was a channeled ability

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 28, 2021

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I'm torn.

I've got a little over 2500 crystals right now.

One part of me wants to keep saving up to 6600 to grab Adam Warlock just because he may someday get an update.
Another wants to blow half of it on getting Blue Dragon up to T2, and maybe the other half on doing the same for Iceman (I like him better than Sabretooth in general).
Another wants to wait for a uniform sale so I can get Odin's uni, as he's almost ready to T3 (need a lot of TCP) and I'd love to get an easy Knull clear (still haven't done it yet, although I sorta got close with Star-Lord, Sharon Rogers, and Mystique) and I just unlocked Mephisto. Also, in the interest of making crap characters at least able to clear Shadowland, I'd like to eventually get Cage, Jones, DD, Cosmic Punisher, Blade, Iron Fist unis. Plus, I need to waste crystals on that Thor Ragnarok uni in order to get that Loki premium card (unless I manage to pull it with the new Premium card tokens). I suppose I should get the new Thor Herald uni or Teen Cable unis, but I don't like the looks of them aesthetically, although I suppose they'll earn their keep with the power they bring. And I guess I need Carnage's uni now that I've finally T2ed him, even though the character is lame. And I guess a Yelena uni might be helpful, or Fury's, or Valkyrie's...

So now I'm looking at the Event Quest. Debating whether I save up for the T2 Mega, so I can move Blue Dragon or Iceman up without wasting crystals (also have Sabretooth, Ghost Panther, Weapon Hex, Quasar, Enchantress, Arachknight, and Crescent on that list), or go for a 5* Rank Up Ticket, which seem rare, so I can get either Thane, Sunbird, Ironheart, Rescue, Slapstick, Aero, Kid Kaiju, or Nadia Van Dyne over that hump and on their way to 6 stars. Or, if I splurge to unlock Spider-Woman and Morbius and enough Ikaris bios to get him to 2*, I could rank them up.

Then there's my T3 docket. The queue is currently Odin, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Apocalypse, Cable, Wolverine, Magneto, Professor X, Rogue, Storm, Spider-Man, Loki, Scarlet Witch, with Ghost Rider and Iron Man just needing gear-leveling to be on deck as well. Dormammu & Black Bolt are at 66, Ant-Man, Bucky, & Daredevil at 64, Carnage and Anti-Venom at 62, and Molecule Man is a long way off at 5*.

Awakening, I've got Moon Knight at 66, Medusa at 64, and Shadow Shell at 64, White Tiger at 62, and not sure who to focus on after that with all the Awakening Skills they've been dishing out. Already have 6 - Ock, Bill, Moonstone, Red Guardian, Mystique, and Cho.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Definitely 100 percent save your crystals and do not buy Adam Warlock until we know a uniform or T3 is coming out. If you want to blow your crystals now, blow them on Thor's uni if you have him at T3. I know you don't like his look but he does great for me against Knull teamed with Beta Ray Bill as his leader. The Defenders uniforms, Kid Cable, and Carnage's are all really good buys too.

I agree on the Carnage uni looking lame, I slept on him for a month before getting his uniform. Now he is one of my easiest and most reliable Knull clears. He can do all the phases with an easy 3 cancel 5 rotation and then pop his 4 skill for healing blobs. I use him with Thanos as a lead along with either Mystique or Doc Ock in the support slot.

For your T3 docket, I would bump Rogue or Ghost Rider to the top of your to-do list after Odin. I'm partial to Rogue since she can wreck both Knull and Mephisto with her uniform and T3 upgrade. Ghost Rider too does great against Knull but to me he is harder to play and squishier. He will need a CTP of Rage or Judgement too.

Silver Surfer, Thanos, Dormammu, and Apocalypse are better in PVP or World Boss, but don't offer much value beyond a leadership for World Boss Legend Knull or Mephisto.

Cable and Loki are both good with their new uniforms. I like Scarlet Witch but only use her for WBU now. I don't have Professor X so I can't comment on him except that he is supposed to be solid as a leader / damage backup in a Knull team. Black Bolt is supposed to be good against Mephisto, but I can't comment since mine is not T3. I don't have Daredevil at T3 but I've read he is very good. Everyone else you listed can be deprioritized unless they get a new uniform.

Everyone on your "So now I'm looking at the Event Quest..." list is a Shadowland clearer or low level world boss ultimate. Make sure you have Weapon Hex at 6 stars so she can be your defense down striker. Ghost Panther offers a fantastic team up bonus with his T2 for fire damage characters and is also fun to play, but not a boss clearer himself.

Back to your event quest list, the safest bet on the list is for a playable character is Crescent. Right now, she is a weak T3, but she gets you a solid physical attack leadership for Knull. There is a very good chance she will get another uniform since Netmarble likes to overpower their own creations in Luna and Sharog. She should be a lower priority for you until the inevitable waifu uniform upgrade.

Awakening, I would continue to work on Moon Knight and Medusa. The Defenders are better than the others you have in the queue IF you are getting their uniforms. Iron FIST and Luke Cage are numbers 1 and 1A with Jessica Jones / Jewel being #2.

Barkhawk fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 30, 2021

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

+1 on Carnage Uni + CTP of Rage being a beast, him with Mystique + Cyclops lead is my go-to Knull clear.

Thor costume really changes his impact as well, agree with everything in the post above.

Last week I cleared level 90 of shadowland and I really need to stop investing that much time into it.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

So I'm torn.

Warlock and Blue Dragon are mostly just for conquest and SL clearers.

For Knull, if you've been ignoring the 6 places that give you 6* upgrade isos, I highly recommend autoing those and maxing Sharon's iso set. Then it's just a matter of getting the rotation down (3c5c once she lowers her spear into 5 or 6). Getting hit by tornadoes or the slapping tentacles gets absorbed by 3 and adds to Sharon's attack damage. Save up a 6 after the dragon part for after Thor jumps in, go through the rotation, and that should end it.

If you awaken Moonstone and end up with an extra rage or energy ctp to throw on her, Knull turns into a joke, too. She's stupidly op.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Barkhawk posted:

If you want to blow your crystals now, blow them on Thor's uni if you have him at T3. I know you don't like his look but he does great for me against Knull teamed with Beta Ray Bill as his leader. The Defenders uniforms, Kid Cable, and Carnage's are all really good buys too.

I agree on the Carnage uni looking lame, I slept on him for a month before getting his uniform. Now he is one of my easiest and most reliable Knull clears. He can do all the phases with an easy 3 cancel 5 rotation and then pop his 4 skill for healing blobs. I use him with Thanos as a lead along with either Mystique or Doc Ock in the support slot.

For your T3 docket, I would bump Rogue or Ghost Rider to the top of your to-do list after Odin. I'm partial to Rogue since she can wreck both Knull and Mephisto with her uniform and T3 upgrade. Ghost Rider too does great against Knull but to me he is harder to play and squishier. He will need a CTP of Rage or Judgement too.

Everyone on your "So now I'm looking at the Event Quest..." list is a Shadowland clearer or low level world boss ultimate. Make sure you have Weapon Hex at 6 stars so she can be your defense down striker. Ghost Panther offers a fantastic team up bonus with his T2 for fire damage characters and is also fun to play, but not a boss clearer himself.

Awakening, I would continue to work on Moon Knight and Medusa. The Defenders are better than the others you have in the queue IF you are getting their uniforms. Iron FIST and Luke Cage are numbers 1 and 1A with Jessica Jones / Jewel being #2.

Would you recommend getting Thor's new uni before Odin's uni? How does Odin stack up without his uniform, since I think his base kit got reworked as well?

Also, my Carnage is still at Level 62, so he's a ways away from T3 himself. How is he at T2 against Knull with that support team and that uni?

I do have Hex at 6*. Tempted for Ghost Panther just because I'm a Wakanda kinda fan, and the sheer amount of Ghost Rider representation in this game is significant.

bobmcdynamite posted:

Warlock and Blue Dragon are mostly just for conquest and SL clearers.

For Knull, if you've been ignoring the 6 places that give you 6* upgrade isos, I highly recommend autoing those and maxing Sharon's iso set. Then it's just a matter of getting the rotation down (3c5c once she lowers her spear into 5 or 6). Getting hit by tornadoes or the slapping tentacles gets absorbed by 3 and adds to Sharon's attack damage. Save up a 6 after the dragon part for after Thor jumps in, go through the rotation, and that should end it.

If you awaken Moonstone and end up with an extra rage or energy ctp to throw on her, Knull turns into a joke, too. She's stupidly op.

Thank you. I've maxed out Sharog's ISO set, and I have been practicing that rotation, so hopefully I can get that to work.

I do have Moonstone awakened, but the only spare CTPs I have are a Destruction and a Greed. So she's just got an obelisk with a 260% Energy Attack proc (if I'm using that term correctly).

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Would you recommend getting Thor's new uni before Odin's uni? How does Odin stack up without his uniform, since I think his base kit got reworked as well?

Also, my Carnage is still at Level 62, so he's a ways away from T3 himself. How is he at T2 against Knull with that support team and that uni?

I do have Hex at 6*. Tempted for Ghost Panther just because I'm a Wakanda kinda fan, and the sheer amount of Ghost Rider representation in this game is significant.

Thank you. I've maxed out Sharog's ISO set, and I have been practicing that rotation, so hopefully I can get that to work.

I do have Moonstone awakened, but the only spare CTPs I have are a Destruction and a Greed. So she's just got an obelisk with a 260% Energy Attack proc (if I'm using that term correctly).

Odin without his uniform is pretty bad. I'd personally rather give a uni to someone who's already t3, but holding off for Odin is definitely understandable too. T2's can't do Knull.

Moonstone is great even without a CTP, but the 260% damage thing isn't the kind of proc you want. You want something that says

Activation Rate: 10% chance when Attacking
Increases damage by (preferably 180-200%) for 1 attack(s). (5 sec)

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

A surfing dog?! posted:

Odin without his uniform is pretty bad. I'd personally rather give a uni to someone who's already t3, but holding off for Odin is definitely understandable too. T2's can't do Knull.

Moonstone is great even without a CTP, but the 260% damage thing isn't the kind of proc you want. You want something that says

Activation Rate: 10% chance when Attacking
Increases damage by (preferably 180-200%) for 1 attack(s). (5 sec)

Odin is first in line to be T3ed once I get enough TCP and CCF, and I'm more than halfway there with CCF. He's already fully leveled up with gears and all.

I'll see if I have anything in my stash for that other obelisk that also has Guard Break Immunity.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Odin is first in line to be T3ed once I get enough TCP and CCF, and I'm more than halfway there with CCF. He's already fully leveled up with gears and all.

I'll see if I have anything in my stash for that other obelisk that also has Guard Break Immunity.

I'd go for something that either has Crit Damage or Ignore Dodge for Moonstone. The second random stat doesn't matter a whole lot, but Guard Break Immunity has kinda fallen off for usefulness. It's not terrible, but helping out your PvE stats is more important.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

A surfing dog?! posted:

I'd go for something that either has Crit Damage or Ignore Dodge for Moonstone. The second random stat doesn't matter a whole lot, but Guard Break Immunity has kinda fallen off for usefulness. It's not terrible, but helping out your PvE stats is more important.

Huh, really? I guess I just don't really know the nuts and bolts of the game. I thought GBI was pretty crucial to make sure you don't get interrupted and can actually pull off your powers.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Huh, really? I guess I just don't really know the nuts and bolts of the game. I thought GBI was pretty crucial to make sure you don't get interrupted and can actually pull off your powers.

At some point power creep made it less important with more i-frames etc on characters. You'll still get guard broken from time to time, but capping out on crit rate/damage is more important and ignore dodge is pretty useful for Knull. I don't use gbi on anyone except for a couple of characters I use in PvP only.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 31, 2021

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
On the other hand, a lack of GBI does make killing Knull with Thor and a judgment ctp a pain in the rear end with his new uni. His charge skill isn't an iframe at the end and is prone to getting hit by Knull. I replaced him with Moon Knight and it's been much easier.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Steve Vader, both Thor and Odin's new uniforms are great and completely remake the character and put them in the current PvE meta. You are well on your way with Odin, so I would stick to the plan on T3ing him. I have read that Odin does more damage against Knull compared to Thor and is easier to use. Cosmic Thor has a long cooldown on a couple of his skills that make him trickier to use. Plus, his 4 skill requires you to hold down the button to charge up and also trigger your heal.

Disclaimer: I actually don't have my Odin at T3. I ran out of materials and by the time I was stocked up, I think Moon Knight was upgraded and I needed a decent combat T3.

Regarding Guard Break immunity, I agree with the others that it isn't quite as important as before but it is still nice to have. However, Knull guard breaks you constantly, so it is helpful especially if you have a normal Obelisk with a 200 percent damage proc.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The 6th year Anniversary check in stuff is up. https://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2517/1696915

2 Tier 2 Mega Tickets and T3 selector. No Rogue/Daredevil/Loki unfortunately. I'm probably grabbing Cyclops for his Leadership/Support, though Black Bolt is tempting too.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nice, I forget how T3 selectors work so I'll grab Storm if I don't need 4x25 and Hulk if I do. I'm working up Black Bolt's gear now but saving CCF towards Odin.

I finally finished the storyline and unlocked the Knull and Mephisto fights so I should try learning them this weekend.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Last time they gave out a T3 selector it was only for the first round of T3s, so the selection was pretty limited. Hopefully they will have added some later ones. Earlier in the thread I was told that Ghost Rider is the 800 CCF t3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

If you have a Judgment or Rage to toss at him, Ghost Rider is the best pick. He doesn't work well without those unfortunately.