Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
idspispopd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
what happens when they get it loose? does it finish going to the netherlands?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

it has to be rehabilitated before they can release it back into the wild

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's going to capsize immediately

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

god drat dutch spoilsport assholes

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The boat
She destroyed the canal
Yes
YES
The boat is still there

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BOAT! *Clunk*

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Idk if y'all saw but in moving the sand out from under it they found a big rear end rock

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

Looks like people who have "suffer" through a few more weeks of plus size anime girl fanart memes.

WE SAID HIGH TIDES NOT HIGH TIDDIES

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
please help us, president Sisi

my people yearn for buttplugs

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

#plugMyAssNotTheSuez

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

SchnorkIes posted:

Idk if y'all saw but in moving the sand out from under it they found a big rear end rock

Maybe it's just a big rear end rock the size of a small rock though.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
on its surface the story might seem to be about the misadventures of a Japanese vessel in Egypt

yet whenever a story involves a ship, a canal, and 60 metric tons of sex toys, one should not be surprised to learn that the Dutch are somehow involved

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SchnorkIes posted:

Post the rock

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"A ballast tank at the bow of the ship has been damaged, and the vessel will have to be inspected once it is freed, two people familiar with the salvage operation said."

:sickos:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hope the big boat sinks :lmao:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Lord Ever Giveth, and the Lord Ever Taketh Away

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Vox Nihili posted:

"A ballast tank at the bow of the ship has been damaged, and the vessel will have to be inspected once it is freed, two people familiar with the salvage operation said."

:sickos:

naval experts itt, if it lists sideways will the containers start falling off like a bunch of legos?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

imo the solution should be this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5JiPj9c98Y

but with more boats

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The shore where Garfield shaped butt-plugs wind up.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

bagual posted:

naval experts itt, if it lists sideways will the containers start falling off like a bunch of legos?

Hopefully, but I assume that they have to be pretty secure to not fall off at sea

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

They should put a big slide on the front of the boat and start sliding all the dildos down

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Oh, now I feel my topmost greatness lies in my topmost grief. Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering containership; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I prod at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all sex toys and all playstations to one common pool! Since neither can be mine, let me then tow you to pieces, thou damned containership!

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

limaCAT posted:

The shore where Garfield shaped butt-plugs wind up.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
WTB Tug Job

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Y'all got anymore of the apple bottom boats?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

i hope the big boat sinks :lmao:

for boat to sink it must first float, ancient chinese proverb

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Maybe they're just tugging too much and ship is getting all chafed.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/JonJennings/status/1375153985342992389?s=20

lol

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
this is going to involve sawing the boat in half I can feel it in my bones

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i want it to just sort of break in half while they're tugging it, ideally at some extremely inconvenient transit point very close to the opening of the canal

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

make it so you can navigate the Suez canal with a 0,5% unavoidable chance of hitting debris and sinking

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I've got to admit but I am hoping for a catastrophic failure as well. We might get it too, since the "high winds" reason for the grounding is garbage.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
funny option would be it breaking in half titanic-style and having to disassemble it underwater.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Hopefully, but I assume that they have to be pretty secure to not fall off at sea

While built to withstand quote some punishment they are actually designed to fall of if shear forces are too high. It's absolutely common for some container loss if a vessel was caught in a storm. The logic is better to lose some container rather than risk the vessel tilting over

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
WHOOPSIE

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I low-key feel like with a couple of grand spending money I could sort this boat thing out.

Like sure it's pretty deep into the bank but how deep is 15 metres really? Pizza and beers and a good payout at the end a few good lads with buckets could move that much sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

twoday posted:

on its surface the story might seem to be about the misadventures of a Japanese vessel in Egypt

yet whenever a story involves a ship, a canal, and 60 metric tons of sex toys, one should not be surprised to learn that the Dutch are somehow involved

lol if that crack Dutch salvage team arrives, performs a quick cursory inspection and then uses their cranes to load the sex toys onto a waiting barge before heading back to the Netherlands leaving the ship stuck in the canal