Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I think Lance's points are valid in a vacuum, but:

-Britt needed to do something to keep her heel heat

-They needed to do something to acknowledge the match after it got so much positive attention

-Rosa's availability is going to be in question for the time being with NWA starting back up

I do think they could've had Britt look a little more banged up to sell the brutality of the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think if she'd looked worse she would've gotten sympathy though.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Pylons posted:

I think if she'd looked worse she would've gotten sympathy though.

That's true, but I think Britt is good enough on the mic to be able to walk that line of being petulant about Rosa having the nerve to use foreign objects and whatnot while still selling the beating she took.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I got the impression that he was just as mad about Britt's promo being kind of an out-of-kayfabe pat on the back for putting on a good performance rather than more of a kayfabe promo, which I think I remember it being a little less kayfabe-y than it should have been and I agree with him on that point. I understand why he thinks it makes more story sense for Rosa to be getting more attention after the match and I also agree with him that it does, but there's a LOT of other reasons why Britt could and should be getting the attention. I think maybe they probably could have saved this match for somewhere later down the road and instead built Britt up to win the title against other people, but also it was a really good match and I'm glad I saw it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's not exactly out of character for Toney to put Britt over.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
It's kind of an unusual situation because Rosa doesn't actually work there.

If Rosa was able to be there week in and week out I think they'd be playing things a little differently.

I do think Rosa isn't getting enough love for her part in the match.

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 28, 2021

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Zombie Lemur posted:

-They needed to do something to acknowledge the match after it got so much positive attention

Why?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Because part of AEW's DNA is acknowledging the outside world and turning it into the storyline world. They regularly feature the wrestling press as press that covers their show, and speak of wrestling as this longstanding sport with traditions that reach far into the past. Part of that is taking the opportunity to pat themselves on the back for a job well done, we've seen it with Kenny's Hall of Fame induction and the same courtesy should be extended to Dr. Baker to incorporate the praise that AEW knows its fanbase can see into her persona.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Zombie Lemur posted:

It's kind of an unusual situation because Rosa doesn't actually work there.

If Rosa was able to be there week in and week out I think they'd be playing things a little differently.

I do think Rosa isn't getting enough love for her part in the match.

Yeah it's a reminder of the importance of visuals (and commentary). The announcers saying Rosa was crying after the win when I just saw her screaming in victory and throwing some final taunts at Britt took away from the moment, IMO.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Yeah it's a reminder of the importance of visuals (and commentary). The announcers saying Rosa was crying after the win when I just saw her screaming in victory and throwing some final taunts at Britt took away from the moment, IMO.

She was crying though. She was doing all of those things and I don't think any of them are contradictory.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Pylons posted:

She was crying though. She was doing all of those things and I don't think any of them are contradictory.

I saw no crying in either watch, but fair enough I could be wrong.

Also the Lance show had the insane debate of them missing the point that wwe has too few trainers and awful agents. It's not a defence of WWE for Lance to explain how AEW agents Tay effectively so she seems great, while WWE had her look awful.

And yes 5 coaches for 100+ students is way too few, and absolutely insane considering all the students are being paid to learn. They should have like 20+ coaches.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 29, 2021

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Or more ideally 80 less students, but WWE seems to think only about 1 out of every 50 or so students is ever actually gonna become worthwhile so they recruit by volume in order to give themselves a better chance of finding that 1.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1376312167318876164?s=20

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What the hell happened? :psyduck:

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

The match got a ton of hype and it was a milestone for the women's division as a whole, I can't see any scenario where they don't something with that on the following show.

I should clarify that I mean acknowledging how good the match was, not acknowledging the hype.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

hunnert car pileup posted:

Dave's review of the Dan Rodimer commercial is loving incredible.

Seriously, Dave howling laughing as he cried,"The Commies are gonna take our guns!" was incredible :allears:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was trying to figure out how I recognized his name and he's one of the original WrestleCrap writers. I read so many of those articles years ago.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1376386612591001600
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1375185432753897478
Part 1 of 2 (probably) of our deep dive on the WCW sale goes up Tuesday at noon ET.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Start the week off with a very Rudo preview of Wednesday's AEW Dynamite! If QT wins the exhibition match does he get bumped up to Nightmare Family Wolfpac? These and many other questions, check it out!

https://twitter.com/RudoWrestling/status/1376388215242821632?s=19

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’d totally missed you guys moved to YouTube. Was wondering where you went. (Maybe could’ve done a short podcast mentioning it?) ANYWAY I’m subscribing to the channel now!!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

a cyborg mug posted:

I’d totally missed you guys moved to YouTube. Was wondering where you went. (Maybe could’ve done a short podcast mentioning it?) ANYWAY I’m subscribing to the channel now!!

Same. I would definitely do the short ep just to let people know.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raw is so terrible I'm starting to feel bad for Dave and Bryan having to review it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Incredible WOR as Bryan steam rolled the steamroller.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

Do you mean the bit about Shayna? Cause yeah Bryan stuck to his guns and wore Dave down on that point. It was impressive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

Do you mean the bit about Shayna? Cause yeah Bryan stuck to his guns and wore Dave down on that point. It was impressive.

Yes, it was beautiful. Just hammered him over and over until he kind of gave up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

"It's bad booking Dave. It's bad booking. No Dave, it's bad booking."

Just wouldn't let Dave get away with an explanation at all, was legit amazing.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

God drat, that sucks. Used to love Wrestlecrap Radio back in the day. I'll always remember him telling stories about making GBS threads into trash bags and hiding a ham that looked like a xenomorph from Alien under his bed until it stunk up the room.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My favorite recurring exchanges between Bryan and Dave lately are the variations of this:

Bryan: "This is terrible booking. It's absolutely horrendous."
Dave: "I mean, it makes sense what they're trying to do."
Bryan: "Sure, I guess, but that doesn't mean it's not terrible."
Dave: "Yea, but it makes sense."
Bryan: "so what? Terrible booking is terrible booking"
Dave: "Yea, but I can see what they're going for here and at least it makes sense."
Bryan: "Dave, this booking is absolutely atrocious. who CARES if it makes sense or not?"
Dave: "oh, for sure, but at least it makes sense"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I really enjoyed B&V tearing apart episode one of the Monday Night War documentary. Hoping they keep going.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

Dango Bango posted:

I really enjoyed B&V tearing apart episode one of the Monday Night War documentary. Hoping they keep going.

Bryan’s insistence on reviewing stuff only on the Network has be dropping B&V until further notice. There’s so much great poo poo on the NIPW archives, or on YouTube, or on DDT’s service. A minuscule amount of people actually keep up with the retro content as they’re going along. Just talk about classic All Japan.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HPJoker posted:

Bryan’s insistence on reviewing stuff only on the Network has be dropping B&V until further notice. There’s so much great poo poo on the NIPW archives, or on YouTube, or on DDT’s service. A minuscule amount of people actually keep up with the retro content as they’re going along. Just talk about classic All Japan.

That's a good point. Willing to bet any subscriber to F4W/WOR also has some other wrestling organization's streaming service as well.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dango Bango posted:

That's a good point. Willing to bet any subscriber to F4W/WOR also has some other wrestling organization's streaming service as well.

I've been subbed to F4W on and off since like 2006 and never subbed to any streaming site, wrestling or otherwise.

However much you were willing to bet, just give it to me.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

HPJoker posted:

Eh, people are more familiar with retro stuff from the network than they are with any of the other stuff and I’d bet a ton more people listen to it for the nostalgia hit and a modern lens on things they already know/might be reminded of than listen to it because they really give a poo poo what was happening on those old shows.

FWIW I usually just listen to granny’s segments because they’re always funny and then dump the rest of the episode because I don’t give a poo poo either.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

HPJoker posted:

The allure to me is bad wrestling on the Retro shows, B&V&C would have a lot less to talk about if they were doing good wrestling from the 90s like AJPW where there's not a whole lot of trainwreck bullshit for them to get mad/befuddled over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Reviewing 90s All Japan sounds like the most boring listen in the world.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine being a fan of the bryan and vinny show and thinking "i wish they'd review some GOOD wrestling"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan getting mad at WWE history docs is the most intrigued I have been at the Bryan and Vinny show in ages.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Having to review the Monday night war doc plus Raw plus Smackdown in the same week might actually drive Bryan insane.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

Having to review the Monday night war doc plus Raw plus Smackdown in the same week might actually drive Bryan insane.

he'll finally be able to see The Code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

Reviewing 90s All Japan sounds like the most boring listen in the world.
But what if it was just the undercard matches?