Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

'fell apart quickly' = a couple months in a world where superpowers exist so it's pretty easy for this kind of poo poo to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Aurora posted:

'fell apart quickly' = a couple months in a world where superpowers exist so it's pretty easy for this kind of poo poo to happen

Not to mention multiple prisons' worth of angry, super-powered people likely guilty of violent crime!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really like this darker deku design. I always thought his mask was loving stupid, but seeing the bunny ears torn like that and the All Might eyes going is pretty cool.

Wonder if it's gonna turn out that the eyes are one of the new quirks all along.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

I really like this darker deku design. I always thought his mask was loving stupid, but seeing the bunny ears torn like that and the All Might eyes going is pretty cool.

Wonder if it's gonna turn out that the eyes are one of the new quirks all along.

He's starting to look closer to his prototype costume design

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gritty 90s Image Comics Anti-Hero Deku

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I had to zoom on the official release but it looks like he's got that all might eye now.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Gritty 90s Image Comics Anti-Hero Deku

Yeah I was hoping Stain was the only foray into Punisher/Spawn stuff. Soon enough we'll get Ultimate Marvel with Aizawa suddenly looking like Samuel Jackson.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The homage isn't complete until someone's drawn Liefeld-style

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Aurora posted:

Well for me it's also the fact that any hero related relief is currently stuck at the customs office. Curious if they'll actually introduce any international heroes or just stick to the main cast.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I hope Deku's gets that anime eye effect, where it looks like his pupil is leaving a trail of fire.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aurubin posted:

Well for me it's also the fact that any hero related relief is currently stuck at the customs office. Curious if they'll actually introduce any international heroes or just stick to the main cast.

Well they said it was stuck before this time skip when it was just two days after the war, they could have worked it out by now for all we know.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

We know Deku's going to chump Muscular, but the main thing I'm curious about is how Deku will inspire these stubborn survivalists to believe in heroes again. Is it just going to be him taking hits meant for the others, or will he do something more awe-inspiring?

Aurubin posted:

Yeah I was hoping Stain was the only foray into Punisher/Spawn stuff. Soon enough we'll get Ultimate Marvel with Aizawa suddenly looking like Samuel Jackson.

Speaking of Stain, I feel like there's good odds that he becomes an ally to Deku and the heroes that remain in service in these trying times, even if they don't necessarily want his help. Stain would probably think that the heroes that stayed to help in these turbulent times actually deserve their titles or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

amigolupus posted:

We know Deku's going to chump Muscular, but the main thing I'm curious about is how Deku will inspire these stubborn survivalists to believe in heroes again. Is it just going to be him taking hits meant for the others, or will he do something more awe-inspiring?

I imagine when they see the amount of raw power Deku and Muscular throw at each other, they'll be like "okay yeah, this is a bit out of our league."

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

amigolupus posted:

Speaking of Stain, I feel like there's good odds that he becomes an ally to Deku and the heroes that remain in service in these trying times, even if they don't necessarily want his help. Stain would probably think that the heroes that stayed to help in these turbulent times actually deserve their titles or something.

I'm skeptical of this as long as Endeavor is one of those heroes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

amigolupus posted:

They don't want to see another Hero get beaten to a pulp but someone pull out a win. They need an All Might. Effortlessly winning. Its going to be a one hit win, perhaps after Muscular does a bit more damage to the surroundings so they see how strong he is but its not going to be difficult.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm curious what Tatami and Shindo(along with whatever hero backup may be on its way) will do about Deku once the fight is over. You think the heroes have been told to bring him in? Will Deku end up having to fight off pros as well as villains?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Viridiant posted:

I'm skeptical of this as long as Endeavor is one of those heroes.

<Stain> Okay, I approve of y'all as true heroes. Except Endeavor, gently caress that guy.

serious gaylord posted:

They don't want to see another Hero get beaten to a pulp but someone pull out a win. They need an All Might. Effortlessly winning. Its going to be a one hit win, perhaps after Muscular does a bit more damage to the surroundings so they see how strong he is but its not going to be difficult.

I'm not sure if this is where Horikoshi is going, considering how he's made it clear that the whole Symbol of Peace thing was unsustainable. Introducing Deku as a new Symbol of Peace at this point would end up backsliding into the status quo.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

amigolupus posted:

I'm not sure if this is where Horikoshi is going, considering how he's made it clear that the whole Symbol of Peace thing was unsustainable. Introducing Deku as a new Symbol of Peace at this point would end up backsliding into the status quo.

Yeah I feel like its pretty clear the lesson of this upcoming arc is going to be that Deku going solo is the wrong thing to be doing.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
They might just approach Deku as another hero, if UA ever went public with his deal. At most "notify the real pros", like how Jeanist (?) tried to talk things out with Koichi.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

They might just approach Deku as another hero, if UA ever went public with his deal. At most "notify the real pros", like how Jeanist (?) tried to talk things out with Koichi.

Yeah, but if Deku isn't willing to go back, will the pros try to make him by force? I'm expecting this to end with Deku vs Class 2-A

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

amigolupus posted:

This is Stain, he almost certainly has worked out a line of reasoning where the heroes that stayed are still fake heroes.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but if Deku isn't willing to go back, will the pros try to make him by force? I'm expecting this to end with Deku vs Class 2-A

I'd buy Deku vs Class 2-B maybe but not Class 2-A. I don't think enough people in 2-A would be willing to fight Deku on this subject. Half of them probably agree with him and the biggest hitters, Bakugo and Todoroki, definitely do. Don't forget that Midoriya successfully convinced Iida, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, and Todoroki to go on a vigilante rescue mission to get Bakugo back despite the fact that the entire group knew perfectly well that a team of pros, including All Might, were on the case. And the rest of the class may not have gone along with it but even Tsuyu didn't rat them out.

Not everyone in the class may have the guts to go full vigilante on the run but them being asked to bring Deku in just seems absurd. It's pretty much just asking them to meet up with Deku and then the ones who fundamentally agree with him can just join up with him and the ones who don't can shrug and go "well, we can't bring them all in now. Guess we'll go home."

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I think everyone in class 1/2-A would be willing to fight Deku over his absurd recklessness in going it alone. Not that I think they would be able to beat him in a straight fight at this point, but im expecting this arc to end in that kind of fight or at least Deku Vs Kacchan 3, with 2-A coming in at the end when its time to reason with him. Honestly, it would be a good growth moment for both Deku and Bakugo, with Deku having grown enough to where he can actually beat Bakugo in a fight and Bakugo having grown enough not to be arrogant enough to pick that fight alone.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Since the manga has already had a long form fight with Muscular, this is the kind of battle I think I would prefer to see in the next chapter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MW0mDZysxc

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I kind of imagined Deku using Blackwhip's tendrils to pull all of Muscular's muscle fibers away from each other but that seems convoluted

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Carlosologist posted:

I kind of imagined Deku using Blackwhip's tendrils to pull all of Muscular's muscle fibers away from each other but that seems convoluted

Couldn't he just generate more fibers?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

SKULL.GIF posted:

Couldn't he just generate more fibers?

There has to be an upper limit to Muscular’s power! Unless he’s using Trigger but I don’t think there’s much of it left or readily available

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It would be a little too dark for Deku to do on purpose, but it would be neat if Muscular ends up loving his arm up like Deku did last time

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Carlosologist posted:

I guess I don't see the point? The proven way to beat Muscular is just to hit him so hard and so suddenly he doesn't have time to armor up enough to stop you. Trying to do clever stuff seems to just give him time to overpower you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kingtheninja posted:

I had to zoom on the official release but it looks like he's got that all might eye now.
I love this loving manga. That sort of closed circle narrative is like crack to me. I'm going to be really sad when it's over, but that satisfying, bittersweet kind of sad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

I guess I don't see the point? The proven way to beat Muscular is just to hit him so hard and so suddenly he doesn't have time to armor up enough to stop you. Trying to do clever stuff seems to just give him time to overpower you.

Well it's kind of what Deku did to beat Muscular the first time. He used Delaware Smash's air pressure to blow away the fibers protecting him then smashed him in the new vulnerable spot.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Deku has a bunch of new tricks up his sleeve but it seems like the easiest way to demonstrate his growth would be for him to fundamentally do the same thing he did last time but instead of pushing beyond his limits this time he barely breaks a sweat. It’s a cliche move, but it works dammit

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

christmas boots posted:

Deku has a bunch of new tricks up his sleeve but it seems like the easiest way to demonstrate his growth would be for him to fundamentally do the same thing he did last time but instead of pushing beyond his limits this time he barely breaks a sweat. It’s a cliche move, but it works dammit

Yeah, this is my feeling. The main reason for a Deku vs Muscular rematch would be a "look how far our boy has come" moment. The fact that Deku's reaction to Muscular isn't pants-making GBS threads "oh god it's that guy who almost murdered me" fear and more of a very casual "oh, that explains why the ol' rear end in a top hat detector was pinging out of control" lends support to this.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku's new quirk is Impact Reversal, but with OFA powering up the blow back, so Muscular ends up taking himself out with one punch.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rhonne posted:

Deku's new quirk is Impact Reversal, but with OFA powering up the blow back, so Muscular ends up taking himself out with one punch.

Alternatively: We're just going to ashita no joe this and it's cross-counters from here on out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its not going to happen but deku becoming full 90s antihero by just punching musculars head off would be funny

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The next chapter is from Izuku's perspective and it's entirely a parody of Rorschach's monologues.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would Tokoyami like New Deku?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Funky Valentine posted:

The next chapter is from Izuku's perspective and it's entirely a parody of Rorschach's monologues.

"That's right. Human Fat Gum Snacks. Ha Ha."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

But Doctor, the man says, I am the World's Greatest Hero.