Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

CopperHound posted:

Once things popped off I think I spent more time repping tornados at the edge of target range than my own fleet.

Pretty sure the random reps we were getting from not-our-fleet was one of the reasons I kept thinking we were taking more losses than we were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It was a good night of Sax

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I'm gonna be a contrarian and say that making supercaps more expensive and rare will help us because of both a) our cash and supercap reserves and b) make the game more fun for newbies by making cheap ships more impactful

I'm probably wrong though

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
The problem for newbies is that if they decide to make their own thing instead of joining existing big blocs, they will keep getting owned by supercaps that they will never be able to afford.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Alikchi posted:

I'm gonna be a contrarian and say that making supercaps more expensive and rare will help us because of both a) our cash and supercap reserves and b) make the game more fun for newbies by making cheap ships more impactful

I'm probably wrong though

It helps the collective in that we still have a lot as a swarm.
It sucker punches anyone who does not yet have one due to lack of isk at pre announcement prices ,in goons as well, because the swarm isn't going to pay for their initial titans.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Xarn posted:

The problem for newbies is that if they decide to make their own thing instead of joining existing big blocs, they will keep getting owned by supercaps that they will never be able to afford.

Given the number of people that have crashed their supers into hostile beacons in the last month or so- I think it's pretty fair to say that newbies don't need to be anywhere near those hulls.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Tsed posted:

Pretty sure the random reps we were getting from not-our-fleet was one of the reasons I kept thinking we were taking more losses than we were.

I was in Dave's cerb fleet and we werent getting shot at so at one point we just started repping deltasqad.

There's a malediction i kept alive forever and it was a great feeling

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Dalael posted:

I was in Dave's cerb fleet and we werent getting shot at so at one point we just started repping deltasqad.

There's a malediction i kept alive forever and it was a great feeling

Meanwhile in the muninn fleet, "Keep reshipping and get on the titan" was one of the most common phrase heard.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah, I was also in the cerb fleet. That was a blast--killed a rev and vily's minokowa (again). I like the division of labor we had going--muninn fleet going toe to toe while we sniped out all the spacepriests and Delta Sqad deleted all their dictors.

Watching the Deltas dance around the entire grid was amazing.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So does this pretty much end the war? Or at least mean there won’t really be a 1DQ assault?

None of the big blocs can really afford to be losing their super fleets now.

It's sort of difficult for me to imagine how hostiles could be even MORE risk averse and conservative while still prosecuting the war. :haw:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
looks like delta scored 53 kills on the evening. the bads got us probed down a few times, but our trusty mjd's are imbued with moonwalk kung fu

i really like the hammer-and-options that open up with delta and mainfleet on grid together

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Dalmuti posted:

looks like delta scored 53 kills on the evening. the bads got us probed down a few times, but our trusty mjd's are imbued with moonwalk kung fu

i really like the hammer-and-options that open up with delta and mainfleet on grid together

It was some quality sax to behold from the Cerb fleet.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Did they leave jump freighters alone, or do those get a double dose from being T2 and capital-like after these changes?

I just finished cross training my Moros pilot into a Rev pilot, but now there are 0 dreads for sale in Delve and I'm probably going to be stuck with my lovely potato Moros because lol 10 billion isk dreads.

I already lost it shooting nerds once, but the bastards in SRP replaced it with a fully fit hull instead of isk :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

coelomate posted:

Did they leave jump freighters alone, or do those get a double dose from being T2 and capital-like after these changes?

I just finished cross training my Moros pilot into a Rev pilot, but now there are 0 dreads for sale in Delve and I'm probably going to be stuck with my lovely potato Moros because lol 10 billion isk dreads.

I already lost it shooting nerds once, but the bastards in SRP replaced it with a fully fit hull instead of isk :(

The T1 hull needed to build the T2 hull will increase, I hope the T2 capital component BPOs get left alone :ohdear:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The T1 hull needed to build the T2 hull will increase, I hope the T2 capital component BPOs get left alone :ohdear:

All I know is that I'm crash building one or two now while I can. And then holding them for 6 weeks to sell for a 20% markup, likely :smugdog:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1375937587890814976?s=19

Even AI are goons now. I too fantasize about making that one good post that changes everything.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Ajaxify posted:

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1375937587890814976?s=19

Even AI are goons now. I too fantasize about making that one good post that changes everything.

"who the gently caress is scraeming "01001100 01101111 01100111 00100000 01101111 01100110 01100110" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never 01001100 01101111 01100111 00100000 01101111 01100110 01100110"

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Servers making GBS threads the bed can be funny.

Bad: Everyone's targeted modules either stopped cycling, or refused to stop cycling -- guns, remote reps, etc. -- and the fight pretty much ended with everyone WTFing and warping out or jumping. (Just as well, we were outnumbered and losing steadily.)

Good: I was being primaried at the moment that the server died, and my ADC continued to repeatedly cycle instead of shutting off (and my overheated hardener continued to cycle without any modules taking heat damage), so I was at 97% resists for 20+ minutes. A single Scimitar was stuck cycling one rep on me, and that was enough to tank until I deaggressed and jump through.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Today was the first cerb fleet where I didn't succumb to a bombing run and somehow survived not one, but two of the things by actually paying attention. John did lose his monitor and have to ship into a hac to finish FCing while we did whatever we were doing before jumping home because of server weather though

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Seeing more number crunching coming through for battleship hulls.

Megas should become about 50m cheaper.
Rokhs and Apocs about 100m

:getin:

(Faction battleships are gonna get like 500m more expensive at best though :smith:)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Solus posted:

(Faction battleships are gonna get like 500m more expensive at best though :smith:)

Just one laser cap use buff away from my tachbaddon dream....

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Solus posted:

Any idea how much worse Vultures are gonna get? I’m training into them now to boost supertrains.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Bob Socko posted:

Any idea how much worse Vultures are gonna get? I’m training into them now to boost supertrains.

If you're training into a thing, :ccp: will definitely nerf it to the ground just as you finish training.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

If you're training into a thing, :ccp: will definitely nerf it to the ground just as you finish training.

Hello, my Chimera guy called and he wants his SP back :saddowns:

capn
Nov 30, 2004

Arrr, It's touchin' me balls

Mederlock posted:

Hello, my Chimera guy called and he wants his SP back :saddowns:

I probably should just go ahead and extract caldari carrier 5, that way they'll be buffed

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

capn posted:

I probably should just go ahead and extract caldari carrier 5, that way they'll be buffed

I'll leave mine in while you take one for the team tia

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
so uh... slavback is loving awesome.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Baculus posted:

this is a factual statement

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

He should run drama fleets since they got their dps back. I have a feeling he will be very isk positive being a jumpy boi in T5Z.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

Baculus posted:

I really like out FCs but flying with him is a whole body fun experience

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://br.evetools.org/related/30004764/202103290800

this fight hosed

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

did the FCs agree to a ferox death brawl ahead of time or something

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
They decided to come into the 1DQ constellation and gently caress around. They found out

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
In news from the other side of the galaxy and the dumpster fire known as low sec, we (snuff) have deployed to Lantorn to poke at papi pets Rekking Crew and their blob. We've had some great fights with them in various time zones. The other week, we even had a nasty titan bump and Yonis lost his avatar. At any rate, the hope was that this little feed would give RC some balls and they'd use their super and titan fleet during their USTZ prime (we being an almost EUTZ only alliance).

They've been feeding machs (and using almost exclusively subcaps) to reinforce our staging fortizar into hull and decided to anchor their own fortizar off ours set to late ustz for anchoring. We sneakily decided to alarm clock for this and see if RC would grow balls during their prime time.

We formed TFI's quickly and forced RC's hand. Impressively, they snap formed 100 machs and bridged in and subcap fighting started. We dropped an initial group of dreads. They hard countered with all their dreads. We dropped another group of dreads and the slugfest started.

After a few minutes (and despite being outnumbered in dreads) we'd handily won the dread fight and dropped supers and titans on them to finish them off. Seddow and RC undocked supers for 30s and quickly docked back up. Sad.

Nice little 450b fight

BR:
https://zkillboard.com/related/30002540/202103290300/

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4bCB_LwTNI

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

wasn't rekking crew's only actual prowess in eve online related to the use of logserver for automated monitoring of lit cynos or am I thinking of some other group

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

wasn't rekking crew's only actual prowess in eve online related to the use of logserver for automated monitoring of lit cynos or am I thinking of some other group

you are correct.

I'll add for context (and I know you've been afk, my dear), that RC finally killed off their content farm of provi and took over the region. Since then they've basically absorbed or blued up any group in the area. So their coalition is several thousand now since they hold all of provi.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CVA died?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

they're still around but living out of Syndicate at the moment

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Loky11 posted:

they're still around but living out of Syndicate at the moment
Also, my first experiment with a filament has taught me that they are either no longer nrds or have us set to red :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

CopperHound posted:

Also, my first experiment with a filament has taught me that they are either no longer nrds or have us set to red :iiam:

If you're in 'waffe: yes, we have been red to CVA for a long time