Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

one imagines that the egyptians and/or the freight companies will have armed men in the first several boats to get through to prevent shenanigans

also this has shown just how vulnerable these systems are, if i were an enterprising terrorist out to make a name for myself and then immediately die i'd take note

you can get a drone that can lift 50 lbs for like $20k

pretty surprised terrorists haven't started using them to deliver explosives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah and now they've been wrenching on it a lot, bringing my optimal outcome of it breaking apart closer to reality

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oxsnard posted:

you can get a drone that can lift 50 lbs for like $20k

pretty surprised terrorists haven't started using them to deliver explosives

$20k is still enough that you need pretty serious funding for something that's effectively a guided munition. big groups like the syrian jihadists or FARC or the like might be able to afford it but a car is realistically a better investment for most such groups

it's going to be great fun once such drones get even cheaper, though

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

they're just saying its really hard so they look like heroes when its fixed

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

creak the hull

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CODChimera posted:

they're just saying its really hard so they look like heroes when its fixed

the Miles O’Brien school of engineering

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
right but ground vehicle delivery really limits your target potential. For example, there are dozens of very large ammonia storage tanks around the world in or near heavily populated areas you could take out with a couple kilos of TNT

though to access by land or water but only a few thousands meters from openly accessible areas

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

special agent Oxsnard is a little low on his quota of gullible fledgling terrorists caught this month

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lmao

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
C'mon solid state batteries!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oxsnard posted:

right but ground vehicle delivery really limits your target potential. For example, there are dozens of very large ammonia storage tanks around the world in or near heavily populated areas you could take out with a couple kilos of TNT

though to access by land or water but only a few thousands meters from openly accessible areas

cars can be used for things besides blowing up, though, like driving places and getting groceries. if you're on a budget these are compelling dual-use cases

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

admittedly it would be extremely funny if terrorists started sending people on container ships with instructions to mess with the steering somehow as the ship enters a critical waterway, and they suddenly have to vet every seaman

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

dead gay comedy forums posted:

56 billion of losses is nothing to sneeze at for such a little hiccup

money isn't real though

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
high tide pretty much right now

tugging hard, thank you!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Vox Nihili posted:

HERES HOW THE BOAT CAN STILL SINK:

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
guys it's happening our wishes are coming true

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

HERES HOW THE BOAT CAN STILL SINK:

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
Boat stuck or nah?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Boat still mostly stuck. Theres a mega high tide or something happening tonight that might free it all the way

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

When does the new Metal Gear model bust the whole thing up from the inside out?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
did it get stucked again for real?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
80% refloated

so not refloated at all then

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
floating seems like a binary thing in this situation

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Snake, you've got to get a clearer picture of that shipment of ps5s! We have to see what the Patriots are up to!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I can't tell if sideways boat is loving hilarious or if this past year has been such a downer that the bar for entertainment has been lowered to critically low levels

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

The freighter
It destroyed the sandbar
Yes
YES
The freighter is out

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

blatman posted:

I can't tell if sideways boat is loving hilarious or if this past year has been such a downer that the bar for entertainment has been lowered to critically low levels

this is our life now so get used to it

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

oxsnard posted:

floating seems like a binary thing in this situation

They can see water under the boat where they couldn't see any water before. My hope is that the mass of rock they found under the bow along with tugging will just rip a giant tear in the hull and sink the fucker

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1376508780440137730

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The Dutch salvage firm is saying they might have to partially unload it onto a smaller boat, which would be tricky, so at least it seems likely to continue blocking the canal for a while

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The ship is back to its natural state!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

:yeshaha:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

are there ps5s on that boat

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Lib and let die posted:

When does the new Metal Gear model bust the whole thing up from the inside out?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:unsmith:

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

if the ship wants to stay stuck, who are we to tell such a majestic beast what to do

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

twoday posted:

The Dutch salvage firm is saying they might have to partially unload it onto a smaller boat, which would be tricky, so at least it seems likely to continue blocking the canal for a while

This is a typical Dutch scam, they say they need to unload a room or a boat and bam.steal your floor.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Floatin n boatin

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/1376513282966704128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

lol wtf is up with this sassy little boat