Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

barnold posted:

new issue: on my laptop, launching Cold War makes mouse clicking stop working?? whether it's in the game or alt-tabbed back to the desktop, as soon as I launch the game from the Blizzard launcher, I can no longer left or right click with the trackpad on the laptop or an external mouse connected via USB until I restart the whole computer. this did not start happening until the Season 2 update. a quick googling and it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem, though apparently this game has had a ton of mouse-related issues in the past.

I've already made sure my mouse drivers are up to date (they are and always have been) but there's nothing else I can think of to diagnose this extremely loving stupid problem. I can navigate in the menus with the keyboard, or if I plug in a controller, but the game completely breaks mouse clicking. what the gently caress lol

following up on this on the off chance some other poor soul stumbles across this issue: the solution is to go into Windows settings and disable Xbox Game Bar. this apparently has been a known issue with some machines/games for almost three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
It would be nice to play one game where I'm not constantly getting killed because the game spawns enemies behind where you just spawned.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Altared State posted:

It would be nice to play one game where I'm not constantly getting killed because the game spawns enemies behind where you just spawned.

Turn around when u spawn

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Turn around when u spawn

^^^

Also don't play nuketown. Worst spawns in the history of video games.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Played for the first time in a while tonight, did they buff the hell out of the Hauer? I ripped through the other team when I picked one up. I was straight up unstoppable. It felt a lot better than the peashooter it was at launch.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Played for the first time in a while tonight, did they buff the hell out of the Hauer? I ripped through the other team when I picked one up. I was straight up unstoppable. It felt a lot better than the peashooter it was at launch.

There seems to be a neverending cycle in Call of Duty where people complain shotguns are OP --> shotguns get nerfed --> people complain shotguns are useless --> shotguns get buffed, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They were pretty consistently good in MW2019, though I think the existence of double tap shotguns like the R90 and 728 made a big difference by dramatically extending the range where you could effectively instant kill someone was a big part of that.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
They added two different Zombies maps since the last time I played. Firebase Z is pretty straightforward, but Outbreak is pretty neat for being really different. Kinda gives me the same feeling I got off Apex Legends in how you're scouring the map for lootables, though obviously the zombies act very differently from opposing teams in Apex.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
RIP Famas shotgun.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Cobbsprite posted:

They added two different Zombies maps since the last time I played. Firebase Z is pretty straightforward, but Outbreak is pretty neat for being really different. Kinda gives me the same feeling I got off Apex Legends in how you're scouring the map for lootables, though obviously the zombies act very differently from opposing teams in Apex.

I wish they would have it two options for something like "Three Rounds" or "Infinite." Not knowing if I'm going to be playing it for fifteen minutes or two hours makes it difficult to fit in.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I just had to abandon a match because the screen didn't fade in properly when the match started, so I could only see the faintest silhouette of movement behind a black screen. After awhile I got killed and that didn't even fix it so I left. There were three other people on my team that also had 0 points after like 2 minutes so I wonder if it happened to more than just me.

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin
Welp, fully upgraded all my perks, field upgrades, masteries and ammo mods on Zombies. Took some grinding but it's a breeze now on the higher rounds with all the added %DPS.

Outbreak is cool and all except when you reach the higher rounds like 10. You've basically seen it all at that point and it just stays the same until you hit the zombos health cap shortly after like round 10-12. Wish they added some cool bonus poo poo on round 15 or 20 or something, it gets stale really quick otherwise.

I will still grind high rounds with pubbies though with a podcast in the background because literally EVERYONE is absolutely stoned out of their minds for some reason when they play Outbreak (and that includes me). Met the most bizarre individuals from 13 year olds to extremely drunk 40 year olds, which I assume is the core playerbase of Cold War. (The latter are better because zoomers dont have the attention span for long-haul Outbreaks).

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I always play zombies in private matches with friends. Outbreak is just a nice and chill way to level weapons, at least through the part where you get good attachments

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-26-report-this-years-call-of-duty-returns-to-ww2

FFS

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, that's some money saved.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Cod WW2 was fun near the end when they decided to get stupid with things but God it was such a drag at the beginning

But if they don't have War Mode then lol gently caress that

https://i.imgur.com/bynXnPV.gifv

War was such a fun mode

moist turtleneck posted:

Cod ww2 went from a grimdark malaise simulator to a fun game where my guy in cargo shorts and a fez mows people down with a tiger stripe blunderbuss with a fiesta cat weapon charm while a leprechaun cackles in the background

also bring back leprechaun mode
https://i.imgur.com/gPvXNLl.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 26, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

you dont have to buy every COD and its a good thing when the good COD dev gets to spend a long time making a good followup. so... good!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If COD WW2:2 The 2ening plays anywhere near as well as MW2019 I’ll get it even if I’m not jazzed about it being WW2 again. Cold War felt like a step back even if I eventually got used to it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

for fucks sake what seems like it could be cool, alternate reality allows for the possibility of interesting maps and not having the same 40 guns in every call of duty. Im not going to base my judgment on one line of an article lol

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 26, 2021

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
An alternate reality would at least be potentially interesting. WW2 has no life left in it for a shooting game. There is no innovation to be found. It will be a waste of time, smothered by its setting.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What if the nazis are also.........zombies?!?!?!?!?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Finally, a sequel to Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

hp lovecrafts cat
Nov 28, 2020

I wonder what the Warzone integration is gonna look like for Dubya Dubya Part Deux.

The only fun I have in CW anymore is playing Face Off HC and just hip firing with the Gallo.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I'm at the point with skin unlock quests that I'm down to vehicles and Warzone objectives.

What's the best mode for knocking out vehicle stuff? In three rounds of combined arms, I got two tank kills. I didn't get a chance to ride around in an aerial vehicle. Not sure if I was in the right game modes for that.

Also, there is an unlock objective for the black dude's skin of "Shoot Down Aerial Scorestreaks and Player Controlled Aerial Vehicles" with an asterisk. I've shot down so much poo poo and not got a single tic. Am I bumblefucking something? It sucks having to carry a launcher and spend the second half of the match staring at the sky.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Captain Log posted:

I'm at the point with skin unlock quests that I'm down to vehicles and Warzone objectives.

What's the best mode for knocking out vehicle stuff? In three rounds of combined arms, I got two tank kills. I didn't get a chance to ride around in an aerial vehicle. Not sure if I was in the right game modes for that.

Also, there is an unlock objective for the black dude's skin of "Shoot Down Aerial Scorestreaks and Player Controlled Aerial Vehicles" with an asterisk. I've shot down so much poo poo and not got a single tic. Am I bumblefucking something? It sucks having to carry a launcher and spend the second half of the match staring at the sky.

From memory it has to be specific aerial scorestreaks that can kill you, so the attack chopper, the VTOL etc. Shooting down the UAV's didn't count.

I knocked them all out on a really long round of Combined Arms, which then crashed at the end not recording any of my progress. Was less then pleased.

There is something really fun about c4'ing tanks though, only needs one and you can throw them pretty drat far.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Captain Log posted:

If you’re the driver and run someone over that counts as a vehicle kill. Drop into a plunder match in Warzone, grab a buggy, run people over - storage is pretty good as there’s not much cover to run into. Took me two matches to get the kills, and it’s a lot of fun :honk honk:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I was really hoping it would be a Korean War game, there were rumors going around about it. it would be different at least. And you'd have a ton of different options for factions and teams and weapons

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Imagine the wide array of potential war crimes to commit in a Korean war cod

I hate that a game that crashes this often drops your progression on challenges if you don't complete a match

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have my performance completely poo poo the bed randomly after playing for an hour. It won’t crash entirely but my FPS will go sub-30 even though my CPU and GPU temps are fine and there’s no apparent reason for it to run like rear end.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
If I leave Cold War open on my Xbox and go do something for a couple of minutes, I keep coming back to my Xbox being turned off.

That's weird.

The problem I kept running into with the tanks was them getting rocket launchered to high hell before I could do anything about it. I wish there was a crazy million tank map for challenges like these.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I may be the only one with this problem as I can't find anyone else talking about through internet searches.

Does anyone else think the incoming bullet hit sound effect is way too loud in Blops? I find getting shredded by high ROF weapons to be extremely grating on my ears. Why is this sound louder than even weapons fire and explosions?

There doesn't seem to be any way to turn it down at least on PS4 and I've tried the different sound settings and it doesn't help. I can't be the only one annoyed by this right?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Captain Log posted:

If I leave Cold War open on my Xbox and go do something for a couple of minutes, I keep coming back to my Xbox being turned off.

That's weird.

The problem I kept running into with the tanks was them getting rocket launchered to high hell before I could do anything about it. I wish there was a crazy million tank map for challenges like these.

I cannot confirm what exactly occurred multiple times that made me institute--and warn others of--my "don't leave Black Ops running and put your PS4 in standby mode" policy; however, I'm sure it was related to hard crashing and needing to rebuild the database on my system each time.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

weg posted:

I may be the only one with this problem as I can't find anyone else talking about through internet searches.

Does anyone else think the incoming bullet hit sound effect is way too loud in Blops? I find getting shredded by high ROF weapons to be extremely grating on my ears. Why is this sound louder than even weapons fire and explosions?

There doesn't seem to be any way to turn it down at least on PS4 and I've tried the different sound settings and it doesn't help. I can't be the only one annoyed by this right?

I have a similar issue with the armor break sound, especially in zombies - I'll be running and gunning fine, take a few hits, and then this insanely loud sound of steel snapping in two loving near deafens me every time. Nothing else is nearly as loud in the mix as this.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Anyone else getting their rear end kicked by the crossbow? Thing is lethal.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Man, Outbreak is frustrating.

First two attempts to play crashed Cold War to my launch page.

Then three games with a constant loop of "Failed to Join Server - Dismiss" requiring a restart.

Got into a game with three extremely competent people, all of us running that leveled up revive perk. Wailed on a Hold Out, which is the kiss of death for idiots. Managed to pack my Weapon to level one, add napalm, and rank up the damage tier with a ton of left over points.

Warped. No Connection. Crashed.

Yesterday made it to the third round with randoms and two of them just disappeared mid fight during a retrieval.

I want to enjoy Outbreak, despite the fact that games can last fifteen minutes to hours. But the technical difficulties are infuriating.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Captain Log posted:

Man, Outbreak is frustrating.

First two attempts to play crashed Cold War to my launch page.

Then three games with a constant loop of "Failed to Join Server - Dismiss" requiring a restart.

Got into a game with three extremely competent people, all of us running that leveled up revive perk. Wailed on a Hold Out, which is the kiss of death for idiots. Managed to pack my Weapon to level one, add napalm, and rank up the damage tier with a ton of left over points.

Warped. No Connection. Crashed.

Yesterday made it to the third round with randoms and two of them just disappeared mid fight during a retrieval.

I want to enjoy Outbreak, despite the fact that games can last fifteen minutes to hours. But the technical difficulties are infuriating.

Textbook case of COD's excellent idea, dogshit application. Idk if it's crossplay that causes problems, but I can't say I get a more stable gameplay experience with friends on different platforms than I do when I play with random pubbies.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Try do a full cycle of your network hardware and if you're still having problems, something in your CW install might be corrupt.

I haven't experienced anything like that.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
The trouble is zombies is p2p networking unlike the dev servers for the other modes. So you are at the mercy of rando's connections.
certainly recommend grouping with people to lessen the trouble, but of course that isn't always available

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin
Enable latency showing on screen in options.

If you're random queuing Outbreak, join and leave games until you find something below ~150ms.

Anything higher than that basically guarantees a disconnect or technical fuckery down the road, and yeah it's especially painful when you just spent close to 3 hours reaching round 13 and then just get kicked to main menu/fail to migrate hosts or some other bullshit. If I wasnt already high as gently caress playing this, I would probably snap my keyboard in two and sign up for anger management courses. You basically have to roll a dice with your sanity and time each time you load into a match and it blows my mind how much this company gives no gently caress about its customers. gently caress P2P NETWORKING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Zombies matchmaking always picks the worst possible option as the host. If you get one that has a decent connection there's a very high chance he'll just ragequit after going down once

In my many, many matches I've been host twice, and I'm on fiber