Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

police story 3 : we got a budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/timessqkungfu/status/1201540591101915137

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

it's the same incubus/succubus

it's roland's jizz

makes a mini me of him which is also a spider

the spider baby eats the surrogate mother starting with her breast

this is not as chaste as KLoggins was suggesting

the black lady turns white at some point during that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the black lady turns white at some point during that

lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I thinking about sopranos and artie bucco is the best character I think

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

for some reason that reminded me i was going to rewatch the most recent season of better call saul
idk maybe my loving lizard brain just went "television" and made the connection

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
better call saul is hot poo poo in a good way and I'm agonising waiting for the new season

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

never loving mind lol apparently its not even on netflix anymore
at least not in the UK

good thing i have a VPN :smug:
e: nevermind its not on US netflix either holy poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

at least not in the UK

it's on canadian netflix use your vpn dingus

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

welp netflix got rid of literally the only thing that was worth watching on there

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI71Y-75mSk

I love this part it's my neighbourhood lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's on canadian netflix use your vpn dingus

fuckin better be gimme a second

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
so many methheads on my block it's hilarious

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i am starting to think that my vpn does not work as well as i thought

loving mullvad god loving damnit

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

"remind me"
yeah remind me to fuckin pirate all my tv in the future

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

"remind me"

I only keep my netflix account because of blame! and dorohedoro

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I hope at least 10 cents went form my netflix subscription to q hayashida because I fuckin love dorohedoro

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

at least not in the UK

:filez:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have two separate neon genesis evangelions becauuuuuse netflix did edits as well as that terrible dub so nothing lines up. you cant just alternate audio track it its annoying

also they never secured rights for fly me to the moon which is a critical part of the eva experience

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

oh no Eva did a thing which makes the fans angry how horrible and not totally part of the intended experience

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

hbag posted:

"remind me"

i pirate everythign from usenet with sonarr/radarr/nzbhydra/plex setup on my nas even when i have access to some stuff from netflix or prime video. it's easier and less hassle if poo poo gets removed from the library

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I thinking about sopranos and artie bucco is the best character I think
finally finishing the back half of season six and bobby baccalieri is a strong contender for me. but sil and paulie remain my favorites

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Jonny 290 posted:

also they never secured rights for fly me to the moon which is a critical part of the eva experience

Man what the gently caress. That's dumb as hell.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Xaris posted:

i pirate everythign from usenet with sonarr/radarr/nzbhydra/plex setup on my nas even when i have access to some stuff from netflix or prime video. it's easier and less hassle if poo poo gets removed from the library

the linux iso experience is even more betterer when you want something with subtitles, because amateur fans generally do better quality subtitling and even sometimes overlay floating stylized subtitles on stuff like signs in the background, which you never get through official channels

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

some official studio made chinese subtitles of hollywood movies are of amazingly poor quality, just full of errors and mistranslations. real bottom of the barrel work

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

lol wtf netflix just wtf

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
music licensing is a byzantine hell maze so they probably looked into what it would take to get the rights to all ~20 different covers and decided it wasn't worth it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

haveblue posted:

music licensing is a byzantine hell maze so they probably looked into what it would take to get the rights to all ~20 different covers and decided it wasn't worth it

based on everyone’s reactions it seems like they should just not have gotten Eva at all then

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

just rights and licensing in general is a byzantine hell maze.

there will never be a re-release of No One Lives Forever because the companies that made it got merged and absorbed so many times that nobody knows who owns the rights any more and nobody wants to pay a bunch of contract lawyers to sort through twenty years of business acquisition paperwork just to maybe discover that they can't make any money off it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

there will never be a re-release of No One Lives Forever because the companies that made it got merged and absorbed so many times that nobody knows who owns the rights any more and nobody wants to pay enough contract lawyers to sort through twenty years of business acquisition paperwork
im pretty sure this is also why we will never get a proper sequel/remake/remaster of sid meiers alpha centauri

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
or Crimson Skies!!!

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Sagebrush posted:

there will never be a re-release of No One Lives Forever because the companies that made it got merged and absorbed so many times that nobody knows who owns the rights any more and nobody wants to pay a bunch of contract lawyers to sort through twenty years of business acquisition paperwork just to maybe discover that they can't make any money off it

Night Dive took that on with System Shock 2, maybe they'll do it for NOLF?
(or maybe they got so scarred from the experience that they will never, ever do it again)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
going through licensing hell to resurrect a game they think is good seems to be their whole thing.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

i have two separate neon genesis evangelions becauuuuuse netflix did edits as well as that terrible dub so nothing lines up. you cant just alternate audio track it its annoying

I don't care enough to look into this but I'm going to assume the new dub is actually better and all the fans are just dumb until proven otherwise (like all those old videogame translations like the castlevania one that just completely threw out the original text and made poo poo up but fans refuse to admit it).

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

something interesting about disney+ in america is while disney does a+++ jobs of localizing songs, on d+, at least for french had the proper french audio for aladdin songs but the lyrics were the literal translation of the american lyrics, and not only that but canadian french despite having subtitle options for both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyS2-rZsC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0711wcrxlbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLJJc8siyU

frankly im very pleased by just how high quality their translations are for not only words but music and its been a cool language learning took except for those hosed song subs.

we ended up bootlegging the movies anyways to get proper subs which was both disappointing and easy

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Casual Encountess posted:

we ended up bootlegging the movies anyways to get proper subs which was both disappointing and easy

much like YOUR MOM!!!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Casual Encountess posted:

something interesting about disney+ in america is while disney does a+++ jobs of localizing songs, on d+, at least for french had the proper french audio for aladdin songs but the lyrics were the literal translation of the american lyrics, and not only that but canadian french despite having subtitle options for both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyS2-rZsC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0711wcrxlbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLJJc8siyU

frankly im very pleased by just how high quality their translations are for not only words but music and its been a cool language learning took except for those hosed song subs.

I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, but it seems like subtitles are almost always separate translations from dubs for whatever reason (and it also seems like they're usually worse because people who like subtitles have bad opinions or something).

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Xaris posted:

isnt usenet like 99% spambots these days
i remember using it once and there was not a single actual person in sight

mystes
May 31, 2006

hbag posted:

isnt usenet like 99% spambots these days
i remember using it once and there was not a single actual person in sight
It hasn't actually been a place for communicating with humans since the late 90's, so it's just binaries groups.

The way it apparently works now is that stuff gets automatically posted and then it automatically gets taken down because of copyright notices a few hours later so you have a program watching it to download stuff before it gets taken down.

This seems way too annoying to mess with to me, but until a few years ago stuff never got taken down so it was actually nice (for binaries).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
there are still people using usenet for discussion but they're all moderated groups. I think people gave up fighting usenet spam long ago.