Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They probably think that meme is illustrating a "Roman nose"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

White supremacy is not known for its intellectual rigor

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNyxXxyavVw

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

If I want the chewables' texture but none of those 'healthy' stuff like vitamins, what should I eat?

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Do white supremacists realize that the roman empire was swarthy italians and not just a lot of blonde aryans

no

They also don’t know Aryans have brown skin and are from India

White supremacists are not famous for being particularly aware of or concerned with the “facts.”

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The Empire fought the Aryans for 700 years until the Muslims invaded.

Despite an attempt to team up against the greater threat, the Aryans were conquered and the Empire reduced by half.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qjyzw6tFcf1utfh49.mp4

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yessod posted:

no

They also don’t know Aryans have brown skin and are from India

White supremacists are not famous for being particularly aware of or concerned with the “facts.”

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

White people are from England, just refer to the classic quote:

Ben Franklin posted:

[W]hy should the Palatine Boors be suffered to swarm into our Settlements, and by herding together establish their Language and Manners to the Exclusion of ours? Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Important new discovery:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

frankenfreak posted:

Important new discovery:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/GrumpySkeletor/status/1376454966005657603

Text: That awkward moment when your mum walks in on you knocking one out and you have to quickly stuff it up your t-shirt.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/zkat__/status/1362154461825691651

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

This is my new favorite image. Thank u

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

frankenfreak posted:

Important new discovery:

Pretty sus to focus only on the right two thirds of the triptych.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Wasn't it also, like, byzantines and north africans at certain points as well? And because of transfer of roman soldiers to and from different regions, there's no european nation whose modern history is exclusively white?

Yes, but not only that, the Romans or anyone else at the time didn't even have a concept of race in the first place. Skin color was just another physical feature like hair color. If you told the average Roman citizen that someone was superior or inferior to them because of their skin color, they'd call you crazy. Race is a relatively recent invention.

Now, if you told them that someone is inferior to them because they're a plebeian, then yeah sure.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

wizzardstaff posted:

Pretty sus to focus only on the right two thirds of the triptych.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes, but not only that, the Romans or anyone else at the time didn't even have a concept of race in the first place. Skin color was just another physical feature like hair color. If you told the average Roman citizen that someone was superior or inferior to them because of their skin color, they'd call you crazy. Race is a relatively recent invention.

Now, if you told them that someone is inferior to them because they're a plebeian, then yeah sure.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Roman citizens and literally everyone else

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
I think the guy who made that isn't a white supremacist and was more likely thinking it's more cool to name someone after a Roman emperor

Get off the internet for a little bit guys lol

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ButterSkeleton posted:

I think the guy who made that isn't a white supremacist and was more likely thinking it's more cool to name someone after a Roman emperor

Get off the internet for a little bit guys lol

Kinda weird that they added the crucifixes to the blonde haired, blue eyed supermen in their funny meme about roman emperors since that's not a standard part of the template. It's not like there's already a million other formats for the "thing I don't like/thing I do like" joke that don't use imagery that suspiciously lines up with white supremacist beliefs and imagery.

And just to head it off at the pass, I don't think every person who uses that format is a white supremacist, but I do think it's important to think critically about the media that we consume and what it is conveying, intentionally or unintentionally. After all:

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It's a dumb meme about funny names and you're way overthinking it

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Kinda weird that they added the crucifixes to the blonde haired, blue eyed supermen in their funny meme about roman emperors since that's not a standard part of the template. It's not like there's already a million other formats for the "thing I don't like/thing I do like" joke that don't use imagery that suspiciously lines up with white supremacist beliefs and imagery.

And just to head it off at the pass, I don't think every person who uses that format is a white supremacist, but I do think it's important to think critically about the media that we consume and what it is conveying, intentionally or unintentionally. After all:

Yeah usually when those meme faces are posted here it's fine but that one's dogwhistling like crazy

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ButterSkeleton posted:

It's a dumb meme about funny names and you're way overthinking it

sorry you don't have any critical thinking skills, maybe you shoulda paid more attention in school

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I do think it's important to think critically about the media that we consume and what it is conveying, intentionally or unintentionally.

Gotta be careful with opinions like that in the meme thread.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

Indecisive posted:

sorry you don't have any critical thinking skills, maybe you shoulda paid more attention in school

Critical thinking skills would result in a person not being able to really judge enough what the intent of the creator is from a single image.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"It's not a nazi meme"

- frog avatar guy that's getting really into defending the covert nazi meme

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ButterSkeleton posted:

Critical thinking skills would result in a person not being able to really judge enough what the intent of the creator is from a single image.

yeah, that's what i said, you are in fact able to read

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

ButterSkeleton posted:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

:jerkbag: y'all taking that meme way too seriously

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Weird how someone oblivious to the systematic discrimination of minorities would be equally oblivious to the coded imagery used to maintain that systematic discrimination.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

But would you say you understood my intent from a single image?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I see extended warranty memes more often than I get extended warranty calls.

e: even if the roman name meme isn't intended to be explicitly supremacist in some way, getting imagery like that to be commonplace and acceptable is also sort of the point. So even if they're just using premade assets to make an innocuous joke, those assets were made by someone with purpose.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Mar 29, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I see extended warranty memes more often than I get extended warranty calls.

lucky you. I'm on my third call of the day. (they're using local numbers so I answer in case they might be students)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
all frogs are nazis tbh, but the poisonous ones are especially toxic