Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

catlord posted:

I think it's that fact that makes it funnier. Hell, Cyborg briefly, but effectively, hid it under like, two inches of dirt.

I really liked that one of the unknowable cosmic keys to the apocalypse was just chilling in his closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

theironjef posted:

Hippolyta must have been facing the tail end of a big recession or something as Uxas was taking off, since her motherbox solution was some do-nothing job creation work. We'll create like 80 jobs that are either "stand in a room pointing a sword at a box" or "stand in the hallway to that room, jacked as hell, and have a hammer near a big wood block" and then those jobs will stay exactly like that for the next 5,000 years, 24 hours a day.

When you're a unified warrior culture that's also isolated on a secret island nobody else can really get to, "guard the mother box" is about the only prestigious warrioring job you've probably still got.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Black Adam movie officially has a release date of 7/29/22.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

catlord posted:

I think it's that fact that makes it funnier. Hell, Cyborg briefly, but effectively, hid it under like, two inches of dirt.

He hid the motherbox next to the box his mother is in

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

The Black Adam movie officially has a release date of 7/29/22.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1376316440114987013?s=20

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is the Gotham by Gaslight adaptation good?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is the Gotham by Gaslight adaptation good?

Are any of the DC Universe animated movies since the first few?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vince MechMahon posted:

the 70's martial arts one that came out recently was fun

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vince MechMahon posted:

Does Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles count?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Any DC animated movie that goes the Marvel route of having a "house style" is worthless. Anything else has interest.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Darko posted:

Any DC animated movie that goes the Marvel route of having a "house style" is worthless. Anything else has interest.

I watched most* of the recent one, Apokolips War, and have come to the conclusion that someone at DC really likes the "Grim Dark future that can only be saved by time travel" concept.

*coughYouTubecough

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked that Batman vs the red hood one that came out a few years ago. But time has no meaning and I bet it was like 10 years ago

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I liked that Batman vs the red hood one that came out a few years ago. But time has no meaning and I bet it was like 10 years ago

Eleven this October!

There have been a few good DC animated films in the past but a lot of them from like 2013 to last year were set in their new 52-style universe and all of those were dog awful

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 29, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blockhouse posted:

Eleven this October!

Is that from the wave people say are good?

Or are they talking about even earlier like Death and Return of Superman?

These are all on HBO Max pretty much right?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Looking at all the movies here's ones I've seen that I'd say are good or at least worth watching

quote:

Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Batman: Under the Red Hood
All-Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman: Year One
Justice League: Doom
Superman vs. The Elite
Batman: Soul of the Dragon

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JL vs. Fatal Five was good especially viewed as a another JL Unlimited episode, which is basically was.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I thought the Death and Return of Superman ones were fun.

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay was dumb as poo poo, and was entertaining as a result.

The rest I thought were just plain mediocre, outside of weird stuff like Batman/TMNT and Batman Ninja.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Death and Return were surprisingly good but Under the Red Hood is pretty much the best one they've done.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jamesman posted:

Trailer was good, but the trailer for the original was also good.

I will not be fooled again.

Edit: I also have no idea who 80% of these characters are. I know Harley, King Shark, Captain Boomerang, Waller, and I guess the guy from the first movie is back but I still don't know who he is.
Not knowing who 80% of them are isn't a problem when 80% of them are going to die without a minute of screentime anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZr84my_34

Blockhouse posted:

There have been a few good DC animated films in the past but a lot of them from like 2013 to last year were set in their new 52-style universe and all of those were dog awful

Blockhouse posted:

Looking at all the movies here's ones I've seen that I'd say are good or at least worth watching

Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Batman: Under the Red Hood
All-Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman: Year One
Justice League: Doom
Superman vs. The Elite
Batman: Soul of the Dragon
These are all of their non-new-52-style movies right?

Dawgstar posted:

JL vs. Fatal Five was good especially viewed as a another JL Unlimited episode, which is basically was.
Superman getting chumped by some random Axe Man nobody and being in a coma for half the movie because he would be too powerful otherwise was pretty Justice League yeah.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 29, 2021

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Open Marriage Night posted:

Does Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles count?

I think that and the Adam West ones are a different thing but all three are really good

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I liked Gods and Monsters because it was grimdark AU without the usual "what if the characters you know but EDGY" since it stuck existing (and already semi-edgy) characters and put them into different roles, instead

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The two Batman ‘66 animated movies are stellar, which means Adam West is the only Batman to go 3-for-3 in his cinematic entries.

Although, I guess Kevin Conroy still has more “good” Bat movies overall.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I watched All-Star Superman over the weekend and it was very frustrating. It looks as good as it could for animating Frank Quitely's art on a budget and the voice cast is decent, but that story just can't be told in 70 mins. They cut out all my favorite stuff!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The United States posted:

Superman getting chumped by some random Axe Man nobody and being in a coma for half the movie because he would be too powerful otherwise was pretty Justice League yeah.

In this house we put respect on the Persuader's name and his atomic axe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JLU didn't need to chump out Superman as much because the writers depowered him for most of it, then did that World of Cardboard thing to explain it when they wanted the real Superman.

He did end up offworld or busy a lot though, since even a depowered Superman is going to end any fight Vigilante is competitive in in about a second.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1376590705682837508?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope Marvel hires Zack Snyder.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

DC got Gunn for a movie, it's only fair.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

They should have given him Eternals.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Sentry

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Isn’t Jesus an actual person in marvel comics? I want to say he comes up in Thor or Hercules?

Just let him do that and get it all out of his system.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rhyno posted:

No thanks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want it to happen because the SnyderBros would lose their poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rhyno posted:

I want it to happen because the SnyderBros would lose their poo poo.

Because of their... loyalty to Warner Bros?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's a definite air in the more toxic side of that fandom of claimed superiority to the MCU. It's not a loyalty to WB thing. It doesn't really matter though, I just don't think he'd be a good fit for a cavalcade of reasons.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I saw tiny little rumblings that the people who've seen Eternals (I guess producers and execs at this point) have been completely blown away by how good it is. I'll believe it when I see it of course.

Also, completely crazy to think that Chloe Zhao could have easily been nominated for best Director and Picture in the same year she did a huge Marvel movie if it weren't for the pandemic delays.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

A talking coyote posted:

Isn’t Jesus an actual person in marvel comics? I want to say he comes up in Thor or Hercules?

Just let him do that and get it all out of his system.

he's like uniquely suited to make a truly killer Wundarr the Aquarian movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
zack snyder's...uhh.uhh.. moon girl and devil dinosaur

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snyder's dream project is a movie adaptation of the issue where Dr. Doom is sad about 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Snyder's dream project is a movie adaptation of
Spawn rated Nc-17