Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Delta-Wye posted:

what im hearing is all that bad poo poo is gonna happen anyways, might as well get on the 420 train so im ok with it? :hmmyes:

This is basically my conclusion as well :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

drat horror queefs posted:

This is basically my conclusion as well :kiddo:

all im missing is a good pet to ride things out with... coincidently, local pig farm has a new litter of piglets :3:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Delta-Wye posted:

i didn't look into the proposed change, but if it limits % on all products id guess they'd just move away from flower as the main retail product. you grow it but you can't sell flower because they're talking about nearly industrial hemp levels, you grow full strength but only sell purposefully adulterated/cut hash would be what I would expect.
Edibles are already capped at 10mg per dose, no more than 200mg per package.
This amendment would cap flower potency at 10% THC. It would also cap potency of all other products except edibles at 60% THC. However, it does not seem to noticeably reduce the total amount of THC a patient can purchase per month, although the limits are calculated differently (e.g. x amount per 35 days vs. Y amount every 70 days).

It is incredibly dumb and will not solve any health-related problems.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I'm 95% sure at this point that the growing support for legalization by western government is because a sufficient number of the ruling class have finally realized that widespread marijuana use reduces the proles to obedient, lazy, consumerist subjects that are happy to endure substandard food, housing, and the naked erosion of civil rights, in a way that well exceeds the prior carrying capacity of historically favoured mass opiates like liquor and cigarettes (and also, y'know, opiates).

So, rather than representing any kind of progress, legalization of weed is just another incremental knot on the noose tightening around the neck of the human race, because the earth is becoming increasingly inhospitable to human life, and so the peasants on the bottom need to be correspondingly sedated to a greater and greater degree to keep the machine that is slowly murdering us running forever until nothing is left but the final, omega capitalist, alone on a dead planet, whip in hand, laughing blood into the void atop a throne of gold and corpses

On the other hand I smoke weed everyday so I'm also dumb and paranoid, so,, idk w/e gently caress it

I’ve been kind of feeling this. It doesn’t make me more capable of anything but dealing with the bullshit. Smoking weed every day before the revolution is counterrevolutionary but wygd?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Edibles are already capped at 10mg per dose, no more than 200mg per package.
This amendment would cap flower potency at 10% THC. It would also cap potency of all other products except edibles at 60% THC. However, it does not seem to noticeably reduce the total amount of THC a patient can purchase per month, although the limits are calculated differently (e.g. x amount per 35 days vs. Y amount every 70 days).

It is incredibly dumb and will not solve any health-related problems.

I hope this poo poo doesn't pass, vape carts are like 80% THC and I like them that way

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Legally mandating companies cut their products with whatever poo poo they have laying around

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I'm 95% sure at this point that the growing support for legalization by western government is because a sufficient number of the ruling class have finally realized that widespread marijuana use reduces the proles to obedient, lazy, consumerist subjects that are happy to endure substandard food, housing, and the naked erosion of civil rights, in a way that well exceeds the prior carrying capacity of historically favoured mass opiates like liquor and cigarettes (and also, y'know, opiates).

So, rather than representing any kind of progress, legalization of weed is just another incremental knot on the noose tightening around the neck of the human race, because the earth is becoming increasingly inhospitable to human life, and so the peasants on the bottom need to be correspondingly sedated to a greater and greater degree to keep the machine that is slowly murdering us running forever until nothing is left but the final, omega capitalist, alone on a dead planet, whip in hand, laughing blood into the void atop a throne of gold and corpses

On the other hand I smoke weed everyday so I'm also dumb and paranoid, so,, idk w/e gently caress it

It represents progress because there were 550,000 cannabis arrests in 2019 and 90% of those were for cannabis possession only. That's garbage and the specifics of legalization can be super lovely and still be a huge leap forward just by stopping the arrests.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Politicians can suck the steaming hot THC metabolite positive liquid poo poo directly out of my own rear end in a top hat.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

got some jamaican hash left

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuaZKnO73w0

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
favourite thing about quitting drinking and switching to weed out is that I have fewer “oh god why did I do that” moments in the morning after and more “haha yeah I can see why I did that” moments

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
This Saturday we did edible cookies made with some of the hash from our trim to bring to the park.

Wish my partner didn't add the sprinkles as I always worry about kids finding them... but these didn't last long enough for that to be a problem. Everyone just ate them and by the end of power up we had a bunch of chill rear end people.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

favourite thing about quitting drinking and switching to weed out is that I have fewer “oh god why did I do that” moments in the morning after and more “haha yeah I can see why I did that” moments

your “oh gently caress I’ve gone too far” is followed up with “time to get a big glass of water and a YouTube playlist of How It’s Made episodes” instead of “I am going to want to die from 5 am to 5 pm tomorrow”

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
LEGAL IN NEW YORK (well, soon)

https://twitter.com/JonCampbellGAN/status/1376009868079992835

https://twitter.com/Robert_Hackford/status/1376011654161436677

https://twitter.com/JonLaMantia/status/1375997991820132352

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
wish weed didnt give me anxiety.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao $60 in taxes for a 1 gram cartridge

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Learn math nub

It still sucks at 6-8 bucks per cart because legal prices already suck compared to dark web but oh well

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sun chips are good

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Good soup! posted:

Sun chips are good

Moon chips

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"Moon chip?"

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i dont know what kind of weed you smoke but weed sure as gently caress doesn't make me happy to endure a government that is trying to kill and enslave everyone lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao $60 in taxes for a 1 gram cartridge

lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/zTQQJqj.mp4

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I am transcendently baked and I’m out for a walk and listening to the Hip

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Dear Weed Thread,

Have there been major changes to contacting weed salesman since 2009? I have recently acquired a novel contact from an associate who assures me that the gentleman in question can "help me out." Alas, I am now an old gently caress now, and don't know how to initiate the conversation. Would a text massage with obfuscated language be appropriate?

Warmest Regards,

Fasdar

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
texting is fine and saying your friend's name would be wise, so something like "hey i'm a friend of X, you got anything right now?"

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
if USPS gets its poo poo together today I might receive my new vape. I hate the waiting the most.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Kazinsal posted:

I am transcendently baked and I’m out for a walk and listening to the Hip

Very Canadian

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Red Baron posted:

if USPS gets its poo poo together today I might receive my new vape. I hate the waiting the most.

Ok tom petty

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Doctor gave me the paperwork for my weed card in Florida, thank you epilepsy

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
oh man thank you goon recommender this solo 2 loving slaps

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Red Baron posted:

oh man thank you goon recommender this solo 2 loving slaps

i have never gone wrong with arizer products

they do good work in building tiny things that will get you super high

though my current fave is the planet of the vapes ONE which i use for vapebonging with the waterpipe adapter and it owns

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I was thinking of not vaping a bowl from my new Arizer Air 1 right at this moment but golly twist my arm why dontcha

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Rah! posted:

i dont know what kind of weed you smoke but weed sure as gently caress doesn't make me happy to endure a government that is trying to kill and enslave everyone lmao

for real if anything being high makes the lovely stuff in society even more glaringly bad. you see things for what they are

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I miss weed. :(

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/415691-thc-caps-ron-desantis-says-marijuana-may-be-too-strong

I guess Ron DeSantis is cool with capping THC too. Your small government party at work, folks.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
The entire medical marijuana setup in Florida is to funnel as much money as possible to the Desantis donors in the industry. I was pumped because I'd remembered the case where a county judge ruled a patient could grow their own, but the state supreme court overturned the ruling since it conflicted with the state law that says you can't grow for personal or medical use.

So it's not small government, but it's definitely state's rights [over the county]. no dissonance there for the average chud.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
chuds are aligned to the party that still thinks that jazz cigarettes are only smoked by bums and those people so it should be unsurprising that Florida has no idea how weed works

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

turnip kid posted:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/415691-thc-caps-ron-desantis-says-marijuana-may-be-too-strong

I guess Ron DeSantis is cool with capping THC too. Your small government party at work, folks.

quote:

Despite those concerns, DeSantis said he is not backing a THC caps.

“I’ve talked with Chris about it and it’s not something I’m endorsing,” DeSantis said.

Concerns notwithstanding, that may end the issue for the foreseeable future.

Seems like it's actually good news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Arizer is cool and good, they make them in the Waterloo area of Ontario. At least that's where they were making them like 5+ years ago

Edit: at least they designed them there then