Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its 4GB and the bug fix list is insanely long. Hoping this fixes performance on console so my gf can finally finish the game and I can talk to her about the ending (I played on PC, she on PS4)
4GB? It's almost 35GB, from everything I've heard about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

lol Cyberpunk 2077 update 1.2 is finally out.

quote:

Fixed an issue where the urinary stream could still be visible after NPC stopped peeing and moved away from the spot.

finally

But seriously they're never going to update it into the game they advertised- probably will play this eventually when they uhhhh finish the game though

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 29, 2021

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cardiovorax posted:

The download is 30ish gb but it only increases the total file size by 4

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

MMF Freeway posted:

The download is 30ish gb but it only increases the total file size by 4
Ah, alright. Never seen someone measure the size of a patch that way before, so that confused me.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
wouldn't a 'fixed' cyberpunk require them to patch in an entire good game? i was under the impression that a lot of it just didn't work but even if it did the underlying game had a lot of issues.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Delta patching can only do so much, especially when this happens:

-You make a change that adds 1 byte to 1 entity in one of the 30,000 asset files in your internal dev build of the game
-The build system rolls all 30,000 of those asset files into a single monolithic file for better load times
-The monolithic file is then compressed, resulting in an opaque data blob where most bytes are different from the corresponding bytes in the old file even though the uncompressed versions only differ by 1 byte
-The patch generator decides not to try to enumerate every line-by-line change in the file and posts the entire compressed 30K asset monolith for download, which is 20GB
-The client downloads the 20GB patch and sees that it includes a brand new version of the asset monolith. It throws out the old asset monolith and copies the new one into its place

20GB downloaded, 20GB installed, 1 byte of total game size change

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Relax Or DIE posted:

wouldn't a 'fixed' cyberpunk require them to patch in an entire good game? i was under the impression that a lot of it just didn't work but even if it did the underlying game had a lot of issues.

Opposite, the underlying game is fine enough for what it is, it's just drowned in bugs and cut content.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah it redownloads most of the game, inefficient patching doesn't mean the patch is the entire game size.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Relax Or DIE posted:

People said this a lot but its some of it was gamer rage. I mean, obviously games are art and different things appeal to different people. But when the game has such negativity surrounding it (crunch, premature release, bugs, lies from management) people are going to overreact to any perceptible flaws in the game to continue to dunk on it.

But I loved Cyberpunk (played on PC where bugs were minimal) for what it was. Its a FPSRPG with an incredibly beautiful world and a decently cool story with some fun characters. Like Mass Effect or Vampire: Bloodlines.

People who expected a AAA Disco Elysium were disappointed, people who expected this to fundamentally revolutionize dialogue or roleplaying in videogames were disappointed, but those were unrealistic expectations IMO.

The driving isn't super great and the shooting isn't super great but neither are any good in GTA either and that's one of the most popular game series of all time.

That said, there's still obviously a lot of missing/cut content, and apparently leaks show that they're working on those things as free DLC coming soon (after they finish crunching on patches) so I would expect a Cyberpunk: Enhanced Edition in like a year that will be what they should have launched with.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every so often I think about that person who put cyberpunk as their goty before it even came out

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i only played about 3 or 4 hours of CP2077 so i'm willing to defer to people who actually played well into it when it comes to the bones being decent. i also played on pc so the game worked-ish but even without bugs most every element felt mediocre at best. i do like the aesthetic of a lot of it though and if they do patch it a bunch i'll most likely revisit it.

I think it's fair to chalk some of the backlash up to unrealistic expectations (the thread here was full fingers-in-eyes 'goty goat goty' hype mode even in the few days leading up when it was clear they were hiding what a piece of poo poo they were about to drop) but even if it functioned perfectly a lot of the mechanics and systems seemed at least a generation behind the times. the city looks fantastic but actually being on the ground in it felt less alive than even the cities in the witcher 3. playing it made me feel like i was playing a (way less ugly) fallout 3.

cheetah7071 posted:

Every so often I think about that person who put cyberpunk as their goty before it even came out

tbh i wish i had come up with a post half as funny as that one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zaphod42 posted:

People said this a lot but its some of it was gamer rage.

Gamers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nm5nrt0WqM

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol guess who bought more Katamari Damacy merchandise?

https://www.fangamer.com/products/katamari-damacy-cousins-pin-set-1
https://www.fangamer.com/products/katamari-damacy-cousins-pins-set-2
https://www.fangamer.com/products/king-of-all-cosmos-pin-spinning

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

I wish I had that poster's level of guts. If I did my favourite games would be Final Fantasy XVI, Elden Ring and the Hitman dance game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
could someone who really liked ghost of tsushima please post about why they really liked it? this isn't a honey pot, I'm just not getting it

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

could someone who really liked ghost of tsushima please post about why they really liked it? this isn't a honey pot, I'm just not getting it

It's a very chill and beautiful world to travel to, with great cinematic vignettes and the feeling like you're actually playing an old kurosawa movie op

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

I found the combat really fun, switching stances, stealth, and ranged combat all just really clicked with me. It was all simple to pick up and accessible. The storyline is good, and the progression is quick and straight forward; you just go from one story point to the next with no stops unless you want to do that. This was really nice and welcomed compared to other open world action/adventure/RPGs where what often happens is that you'll make some progress, and then the game brickwalls you until you do a certain amount of "optional" content first.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Looper posted:

Why does anybody like any open world game? Feels like it does everything Assassin's Creed does as good or better except climbing on buildings.

Cool setting and world, very pretty. Otherwise its nothing amazing but its a solid game :shrug: Lots of games I would describe that way, like Horizon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't typically like open world games, but loved Ghost of Tsushima, and Horizon Zero Dawn. I think what I actually don't like is UBISoft open world games, although Assassin's Creed Origins, and Odyssey were the exceptions to that.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

no way elden ring is coming out on eighth generation consoles, right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah there's definitely a lot of open world game design tropes that are really tired now, but as you mentioned even Ubisoft has learned and improved on the formula, Origins started them rethinking some things that weren't working.

Red Dead 2 is the same as well; nothing it does is amazing or unique in games and the controls aren't really very good, but the story and world is compelling enough you have a good time anyways. (depending on preferences)

Weedle posted:

no way elden ring is coming out on eighth generation consoles, right?

:shrug: your crystal ball is as good as mine

Seems unlikely but you never know. Depends upon how PS5 supply is at that point maybe lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who knows what is going on with Elden Ring. This is one of FROM Software's longer developed games, probably because George R.R. Martin is writing the story.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Based on that leaked trailer it looks like Elden Ring is actually coming along well into its development. I am excite.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Who knows what is going on with Elden Ring. This is one of FROM Software's longer developed games, probably because George R.R. Martin is writing the story.

https://twitter.com/simiadei/status/1281936615305248768

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

homeless snail posted:

they're not plug and play, because they make the weird rear end decision to put the sd card adapter in the game card slot rather than the memory card slot. so it only works on a modded vita thats set up to mount the game card as memory. it's easy though and you should probably be modding your vita anyway

and the psp emulation is perfect

Wamdoodle posted:

I think it's because the SD card is barely bigger than the Vita memory card. It seems easier to cram it into a Vita Game card shell but of course it needs some extra help to be recognized ie: cfw

That's definitely a decision. Sounds like Sony to try to come up with a way to lock people into a proprietary format considering how fast an adapter appeared for the PSP.

And yes I plan on modding the thing, and I will probably sell my PSP if I do.

Of course, I just got popped for looking at my phone while driving so now I really hope I lose this auction after paying that fine. No one's stupidity but my own.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Speaking of fantasy authors writing video games, is Kingdoms of Amalur any good? And is the combat mostly on the easy side? I'm tempted.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

Speaking of fantasy authors writing video games, is Kingdoms of Amalur any good? And is the combat mostly on the easy side? I'm tempted.

The combat is very easy. KoA is a really good RPG, and a cool gameworld.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Missed a lot of posts today

I need to finish a KH game on critical, I have files in progress on both 2 and 3.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

wuggles posted:

Missed a lot of posts today

I need to finish a KH game on critical, I have files in progress on both 2 and 3.

Today's digest:

Video Games has exactly upside down preferences for souls bosses and areas

What button do you press when it tells you to press any key?

Person who worked on Doom tweets incorrect facts about Doom's development, repeatedly

People talked about Nier

Sony closing their old storefronts

Millennials are old now

I made an effortpost about the story of a game nobody cares about

Enter the Gungeon chat

Cyberpunk got a patch

drat we talked about a lot, today

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

I said come in! posted:

The combat is very easy. KoA is a really good RPG, and a cool gameworld.

and an important historical relic of the time rhode island gave a 75 million dollar loan to an evangelical christian baseball player who made a reasonably successful game but went bankrupt anyway and almost took the state with him

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also PS Vita chat!

Also when do Millennials start?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

Enter the Gungeon did in fact get a massive update, Advanced Gungeons and Dragons, which changed a shitload about the entire game and added a billion things

And it was free!!!!

I know, it's good! It's just that I wish there was a final secret really hard boss. Resourceful Rat is the hardest in the game and he's like, half way in.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

Still mad we got told not to cyberbully them

also, after reading Nierchat: Nier Automata is the only video game Ive ever gotten into an argument over in real life as an adult. This happened like last year

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 29, 2021

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
update on my effortpost: I was wrong that the next story chapter just completely drops that story thread and turns to another world

it's actually a sequel where the cowboy world has turned into bloodborne because it got so utterly hosed

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

update on my effortpost: I was wrong that the next story chapter just completely drops that story thread and turns to another world

it's actually a sequel where the cowboy world has turned into bloodborne because it got so utterly hosed

This post made go back and read your effort post and now all I'm thinking is, how does a card game fit into all this? Was that how the revolution was fought?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Electric Phantasm posted:

This post made go back and read your effort post and now all I'm thinking is, how does a card game fit into all this? Was that how the revolution was fought?

Um, for the most part it's just a visual novel. Over the course of the story, the actual card game has mattered less and less. These days, each new chapter gets three battles at key moments in the story. They mostly serve to give you storytelling through gameplay, as the decks your opponents use reflect their characters, and sometimes they get cheating bonus powers (and every once in a while, you get cheating powers too).

The revolution itself mostly focused on fighting one specific underling of the demigod, with the story just talking about how there were a bunch of other fights going on juuuuuuust offscreen.

e: you of course get to choose your own deck, rather than having one assigned to you, despite the potential for story/gameplay integration there. The game has hearthstone-style classes and your deck has to match the class of the character, at least

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 29, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think the cards are supposed to represent actual battles being fought ala chess, but it's been a long time since I've played shadowverse.

Kinda wanting to get back into it now though, it was fun, I fell off of it because every deck was OTK combos though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Acerbatus posted:

I think the cards are supposed to represent actual battles being fought ala chess, but it's been a long time since I've played shadowverse.

Kinda wanting to get back into it now though, it was fun, I fell off of it because every deck was OTK combos though.

There's a new set coming out tomorrow or the day after, so if nothing else, people will have lovely untuned decks for a hot minute as they try to figure the meta out

I have no idea what rotation looks like right now because I'm one of the degenerates who doesn't mind an OTK format and just plays unlimited because it has my favorite deck. But rotation ~6 months ago when I last played it definitely wasn't an OTK format

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

There's a new set coming out tomorrow or the day after, so if nothing else, people will have lovely untuned decks for a hot minute as they try to figure the meta out

I have no idea what rotation looks like right now because I'm one of the degenerates who doesn't mind an OTK format and just plays unlimited because it has my favorite deck. But rotation ~6 months ago when I last played it definitely wasn't an OTK format

Well, good a time as any to hop back in I guess!

I don't like OTK decks in games like Shadowverse or Hearthstone because you can't be as proactive about dealing with them as you can in Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

didnt it do well on the SA Goty thread? I know I had it pretty high up.