Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

You're only half right, Kenny's peak was in 2012, but Rollins never had one unless you count being a hanger-on to Roman and Mox.

Kenny hasn't hit his peak yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

You're only half right, Kenny's peak was in 2012, but Rollins never had one unless you count being a hanger-on to Roman and Mox.

Seth's peak was in 2008 very close to Bryan's.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Seth Rollins may be in the same generation as Bryan Danielson then.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

Seth Rollins may be in the same generation as Bryan Danielson then.

Definitely, plus AJ, Bryan and Seth haven't done anything worthwhile in years. Very similar trajectories.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

Kenny hasn't hit his peak yet.

MassRafTer posted:

Seth's peak was in 2008 very close to Bryan's.

Actually you will find that both Kenny's and Bryan's peak happened in 2009:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ne_fqx0KuA

No WM30 win or NJPW 7* match will ever reach the peak this match did.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Germansimp posted:

Actually you will find that both Kenny's and Bryan's peak happened in 2009:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ne_fqx0KuA

No WM30 win or NJPW 7* match will ever reach the peak this match did.

This is no joke my favorite wrestling match of all time.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/smarktodeath/status/1376029211966763014?s=21

Brandi follow up to the persons tweet
https://twitter.com/thebrandirhodes/status/1376033082956988417?s=21

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
somehow it only occured to me right now that people were gonna look at the way the rhodes are overdramatized on that show and treat it as Real

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

:qq:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

somehow it only occured to me right now that people were gonna look at the way the rhodes are overdramatized on that show and treat it as Real

Reality shows keep kayfabe in a way wrestling wishes it could get back to. The overdramatic version of the Rhodes is going to melt people down.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine being a grown-rear end adult with a child and still using the word "smark"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, "I've worked really hard for years to not say anything that makes me look like a racist" is not sending the message you think its sending.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
for years I have sweat and bled, struggled constantly, not to be an rear end in a top hat and then one day I'm an rear end in a top hat and suddenly everyone's calling me an rear end in a top hat

I tell ya it's getting crazy out there

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Frankly an alpha move to reply to a tweet calling something you like "pedo poo poo" and declaring your love for it. I respect the lore of the fiend fiends.

https://twitter.com/tallguy435/status/1376586916112576517

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The fiend stuff is stupid but can someone clarify how it's "pedo poo poo?" Did they do something NBC is gonna have to censor on peacock during the last ppv or something?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

The fiend stuff is stupid but can someone clarify how it's "pedo poo poo?" Did they do something NBC is gonna have to censor on peacock during the last ppv or something?

everything about fiendpilled alexa bliss

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

everything about fiendpilled alexa bliss

Isn't she just Harley Quinn?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Alexa Bliss has pig tails, wears little girl style clothes and hangs around on playground equipment while also acting like a child.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Alexa Bliss has pig tails, wears little girl style clothes and hangs around on playground equipment while also acting like a child.

Oh. Well okay then. I thought she was just dressing like a clown and hitting people with a big hammer like Bray and threatening to immolate herself. I don't watch the show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

Oh. Well okay then. I thought she was just dressing like a clown and hitting people with a big hammer like Bray and threatening to immolate herself. I don't watch the show.

Why would I watch the show, Paul?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

yeah, they seem to have gone hardcore into giving her a very childlike affect lately, in a way that's really weird.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Not to mention that they’ve been moving away from that version of Harley Quinn in the movies, cartoons, and comic books for years now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Not to mention that they’ve been moving away from that version of Harley Quinn in the movies, cartoons, and comic books for years now.

The few times I've seen her since this stuff started she was dressed like someone in the WWE costume department just watched the Birds of Prey movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m talking about the sexualized abused manipulated child aspect of her character, not her wardrobe.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Vince MechMahon posted:

The few times I've seen her since this stuff started she was dressed like someone in the WWE costume department just watched the Birds of Prey movie.

If they'd watched the Birds of Prey movie the show would be funnier and the fights would be better.

(and I wouldn't say no to a wrestler based on Chris Messina's character)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

If they'd watched the Birds of Prey movie the show would be funnier and the fights would be better.

(and I wouldn't say no to a wrestler based on Chris Messina's character)

WWE did sandwich based storylines years before Birds of Prey though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They’re going to put Keith Lee on the Subway diet. And have him dress like a giant dancing sandwich.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

MassRafTer posted:

WWE did sandwich based storylines years before Birds of Prey though.

well the prey/preying part is still kind of accurate

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Do you remember when Truth and Little Jimmy ran away from Jared, Little Jimmy was a smart kid.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

yeah, they seem to have gone hardcore into giving her a very childlike affect lately, in a way that's really weird.

and on top of that having her pin Randy by straddling him was pretty foul

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Do you remember when Truth and Little Jimmy ran away from Jared, Little Jimmy was a smart kid.

Thanks to the censors at Peacock none of us will!!!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Huh.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Well, I'll be damned.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, isn’t it crazy when you make assumptions about things you haven’t actually seen?

This has nothing to do with anything, don’t worry.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
they could use that swingset later for an ikiru gimmick. edge’s second retirement angle or something

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

You just got pope corkied. Pray it does not happen again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, isn’t it crazy when you make assumptions about things you haven’t actually seen?

This has nothing to do with anything, don’t worry.

Cool job bringing in other forum drama from a day ago, but the difference here is I freely admitted to not having seen the show, and asked questions about it, and then, when people told me what was actually happening, including specific examples, I thanked them and accepted the truth. I did not double down on insisting that no, Alexa Bliss is not weird pedobait and is actually just doing a fun clown gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why are you quoting me? I specifically stated that what I posted had nothing to do with anything. Call it a musing, a posted thought.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)